Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Will they last!

Will they last!

Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:19 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice
Default Re: Will they last!

Then your posts should be filled with absolute positivity my man! A man who has found his dream and is in the process of fulfilling it, is probably the luckiest man alive.

Congrats
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:22 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keri2323
Check out Mr. Negative

I'll be alright, Ive already said that if I dont get on in spain I'll try Portugal, if that fails, Italy, if that fails, France, if that fails then I'll get a plane to afghanistan and take my chances dodging bullets.

I know I shouldnt, but I truly hate the UK in a very large way. When I tell people that, some say 'Why are you here then?' which led me to this forum
or Miss Wind Up.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:33 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Its a girl?

Maybe we should swap names
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:34 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Its a girl?

Maybe we should swap names
no, he is a guy buy I wonder sometimes.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:36 am
I have a member

Is this a regular occurence then?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:48 am
Straw Man.

Is this a regular occurence then?
He does tend to post slightly negative threads, which is fine and I agree that rose tinting is a very bad thing but he can get a bit heavy when it comes to getting an answer he wants.

Check out his "what will you give to Spain" thread
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
If you want to sell quicklly put your house in a London auction.
still want full price for my house not gonna give it away! Its a big house too big for the buy to rent market but think it will sell because of its size compared to newer ones in the same price bracket. Not looking at Spain through rosen tinted glasses know we will have to work hard but we have to work hard here too!! Hubby for a while will still work in England till the kids have left school and hopefully then they will not be so draining on our finances and we can have a rest!!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 9:05 am
I have a member

Hey Jean, karma coming your way from me, ignore the negativity and remember you dont ever have to work hard, its a common myth, you just have to work smart

Hope it pans out for you
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Compost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really niceCompost Mentis is just really nice

Don't know if I am one of your eight, but will be on my way sometime in May.The thread sounds like fun, and I would very much like to take part. Will it work for me, heaven only knows. All I can say is that I think so. I have done my research. Taken much of the good advice I have recieved from many, incuding many on this site.

In reality, I don't know how I will adjust to being retired, moving home, living in a small town, living in a different country.

My son says that I am limited by my rose tinted spectacles. He says, 'you always see the best in people and situations, and life just isn't like that. People are only ever out for themselves, and then you die anyway so what's the point?

I say to him, 'well you are right, I do see the best in people and situations, but only because that is my experience over nearly 60 years, and when life shows me something different then I will have to rethink.

I'm not naive enough to believe that there will be no drawbacks, frustrations, or hard times, in fact I view those as part of the challenge. And I expect to be challenged. To me that's an important part of the deal. Taking a calculated risk, and dealing with whatever arises.

If something crops up that is insurmountable then I would have to move on. But I would view it as moving on, not moving back.

I will be making the move with some trepidation, but also shed loads of optimism.

Best of luck to all who are making the move soon, and hope to see you on this thread.

Bah!!! to the glass half empty brigade!!!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:07 am
I have a member

Originally Posted by Compost Mentis
Don't know if I am one of your eight, but will be on my way sometime in May.The thread sounds like fun, and I would very much like to take part.
Hey Compost Mentis, Ive started a thread for us, get in there! hehem best of luck to you too

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442086
Old Apr 14th 2007, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Hey Jean, karma coming your way from me, ignore the negativity and remember you dont ever have to work hard, its a common myth, you just have to work smart

Hope it pans out for you
hey keri2323 thanx for the good karma and good wishes to you for the 18th
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:18 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by Compost Mentis
Don't know if I am one of your eight, but will be on my way sometime in May.The thread sounds like fun, and I would very much like to take part. Will it work for me, heaven only knows. All I can say is that I think so. I have done my research. Taken much of the good advice I have recieved from many, incuding many on this site.

In reality, I don't know how I will adjust to being retired, moving home, living in a small town, living in a different country.

My son says that I am limited by my rose tinted spectacles. He says, 'you always see the best in people and situations, and life just isn't like that. People are only ever out for themselves, and then you die anyway so what's the point?

I say to him, 'well you are right, I do see the best in people and situations, but only because that is my experience over nearly 60 years, and when life shows me something different then I will have to rethink.

I'm not naive enough to believe that there will be no drawbacks, frustrations, or hard times, in fact I view those as part of the challenge. And I expect to be challenged. To me that's an important part of the deal. Taking a calculated risk, and dealing with whatever arises.

If something crops up that is insurmountable then I would have to move on. But I would view it as moving on, not moving back.

I will be making the move with some trepidation, but also shed loads of optimism.

Best of luck to all who are making the move soon, and hope to see you on this thread.

Bah!!! to the glass half empty brigade!!!
Good luck I hope you find what your looking for, and hope you post your tale.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 1:25 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeanc
still want full price for my house not gonna give it away! Its a big house too big for the buy to rent market but think it will sell because of its size compared to newer ones in the same price bracket. Not looking at Spain through rosen tinted glasses know we will have to work hard but we have to work hard here too!! Hubby for a while will still work in England till the kids have left school and hopefully then they will not be so draining on our finances and we can have a rest!!
Just a thought,but could you split your house into flats,getting even planing permission can attract a lot of buyers and increase the price,you say its a big house,you could keep part for yourselfe just in case.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Just a thought,but could you split your house into flats,getting even planing permission can attract a lot of buyers and increase the price,you say its a big house,you could keep part for yourselfe just in case.
Just sold half of land off with permission for a 3 bed bungalow on. Thats took a year to sort out, not only spain with a manana attitude and full of red tape! Just want to get on with it now, been thinking of doing it too long!
Old Apr 14th 2007, 8:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jeanc
Just sold half of land off with permission for a 3 bed bungalow on. Thats took a year to sort out, not only spain with a manana attitude and full of red tape! Just want to get on with it now, been thinking of doing it too long!
ont be hasty,but good thinking what part of Spain are you hoping to go to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.