British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Will they last! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/will-they-last-441903/)

Douglas jack Apr 13th 2007 12:39 pm

Will they last!

Youve all read what they hope there new life in Spain will be like ,and there is about eight of them ready to take the plunge,Anybody think they will last,did they ask the right questions,or will they be Glad to be back. :thumbup:

IntuitiveNipple Apr 13th 2007 12:52 pm

Re: Will they last!

Originally Posted by Douglas jack (Post 4636713)
...they will last...

I am renowned for my stamina :tounge_smile:

Douglas jack Apr 13th 2007 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by IntuitiveNipple (Post 4636752)
I am renowned for my stamina :tounge_smile:

Its a long road.;)

jeanc Apr 13th 2007 12:58 pm

To be honest the more i read and the more property i see the more confussed i get:confused:

Douglas jack Apr 13th 2007 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by jeanc (Post 4636767)
To be honest the more i read and the more property i see the more confussed i get:confused:

Its understandable.;)

onlineamiga Apr 13th 2007 1:22 pm

Who are the 8 that are imminently taking the plunge? I know theres me, intiuitivenipple, kerri and a couple more whom i cant remember their names.
Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to those that are about to go to report on how they're diong as soon as they get there.

10 days to go for me, the stomachs a churning a bit hehehe.

Is it me or has rental prices in the costa del sol shot up again in the last couple of weeks ? :(

IntuitiveNipple Apr 13th 2007 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by onlineamiga (Post 4636882)
Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to those that are about to go to report on how they're diong as soon as they get there.

How about we all run a public blog here on BritishExPats but link all discussion to one topic in this forum?

Like Andrew I'm going to be doing a lot of videoing. Since 2000 I've been taking a palm-held camcorder everywhere I go and filming what me and my friends get up to. This move is going to provide some great backdrops and scenery for the new chapter. I shall be putting my videos in my blog.

I don't think I'll have much problem with agents and so on when they know they've been captured on camera :tounge_smile:

jeanc Apr 13th 2007 1:53 pm

I'm hoping to be out in Spain for end of Aug. House on market 1st May hope to sell quickly, if does will come out for start of new school year and maybe hubby will have to stay back to sort things out:rofl:

mrsjdr Apr 13th 2007 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by onlineamiga (Post 4636882)
Who are the 8 that are imminently taking the plunge? I know theres me, intiuitivenipple, kerri and a couple more whom i cant remember their names.

10 days to go for me, the stomachs a churning a bit hehehe.

Is it me or has rental prices in the costa del sol shot up again in the last couple of weeks ? :(

Ten days to go....does not seem possible, time gone so quickly for you.

Rental prices here go up once Easter is over unfortunately, also long term rental places get fewer as the owners would rather rent short term at higher rates for holiday makers.

Just looked at todays Sur in English, lots of jobs here and in Gib with www.RecruitSpain.com
Do not know what this company is like but have a look, may be able to help you regarding job....Good luck

nikvin Apr 13th 2007 2:43 pm

Int. Nip

Don't bank on agents being honest, just because you have a camera!!

I caught some incredible whoppers onnfilm when we were looking.

They probably get so used to cameras, they forget they're there, and with many lying isnt just second nature, it's actually all they know how to do!!

But at least if one does get lied to, and it's on film, it could be very useful evidence for any later disputes& court cases , etc...

IntuitiveNipple Apr 13th 2007 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by nikvin (Post 4637321)
Don't bank on agents being honest, just because you have a camera!!

It was said firmly tongue-in-cheek :tounge_smile:

nikvin Apr 13th 2007 2:59 pm

:o oops....

sorry..........havent got to know people's senses of humour etc yet.........

still might be a useful reminder for some anyway

crispy Apr 13th 2007 3:26 pm

[QUOTE=nikvin;4637375]:o oops....

Welcom nikvin

stick with us, it won't be long before you begin to understand each and everyone one of else.:confused: :blink: :unsure: :o :thumbsup:

Rosemary Apr 13th 2007 3:31 pm

[QUOTE=crispygirl;4637480]

Originally Posted by nikvin (Post 4637375)
:o oops....

Welcom nikvin

stick with us, it won't be long before you begin to understand each and everyone one of else.:confused: :blink: :unsure: :o :thumbsup:

But this should be issued as a health warning .......because once you understand the humour you will need to be certified!!!!!

Rosemary

crispy Apr 13th 2007 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas jack (Post 4636713)
Youve all read what they hope there new life in Spain will be like ,and there is about eight of them ready to take the plunge,Anybody think they will last,did they ask the right questions,or will they be Glad to be back. :thumbup:

Is this something like "Naughty's Stay or Go Sweepstake", because I think we should remember that was started as a little fun but it ended up hurting Miss Naught's feelings.:(

Don't think I am a party pooper:frown: (is that spelt right) it's just some of us get a little carried away:sneaky: sometimes with what we say.