Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Will they last!

Will they last!

Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:05 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Will they last!

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
The question is still will they last,I hope the people that are going love it,but if your are going to live,it aint no holiday,but it can be magic what does it take to make it magic,some people are there and are still not happy why.

OK I know I should let this go but I haven't eaten yet and I am known for being :curse: until I get FOOD!

If the last ten words from the above post is pointed at me then I have to say I don't think I have ever said I am not happy here in Spain, and I have no intention at this moment in my life of going back to Blighty. What I said was "the longer I am living in Chiclana I am beginning to realise it is not the place for me, not I am unhappy here in Spain and I am leaving because of that". I AM HAPPY HERE!!!! but OH and I want to move on and experience other European countries after all we are European and we travel freely between EU countries so we should at least give it a go as we have no ties. Who's to say we might even buy an camper (a big one because I need room) and just spend a few years travelling. Right now I am off out to Dragos for lunch
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:16 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
OK I know I should let this go but I haven't eaten yet and I am known for being :curse: until I get FOOD!

If the last ten words from the above post is pointed at me then I have to say I don't think I have ever said I am not happy here in Spain, and I have no intention at this moment in my life of going back to Blighty. What I said was "the longer I am living in Chiclana I am beginning to realise it is not the place for me, not I am unhappy here in Spain and I am leaving because of that". I AM HAPPY HERE!!!! but OH and I want to move on and experience other European countries after all we are European and we travel freely between EU countries so we should at least give it a go as we have no ties. Who's to say we might even buy an camper (a big one because I need room) and just spend a few years travelling. Right now I am off out to Dragos for lunch

You're right Crispy ... let it go ... you can't win, trust me.
The camper thing is a brilliant idea. Whilst in the UK we owned motor homes for 5 years. We enjoyed them tremendously, but eventually sold due to parking space problems. If you get one, make sure you buy one with a fixed bed, cos you will get so fed up of making beds up every night its untrue. Have a look at Rapido ... thats the last one we had, really well built. Its still in the back of our minds to get another to tour Europe .... maybe!
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:41 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Just let go. A performer is no use without an audience.

Finding a new experience will be fun for you. All the best.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 15th 2007 at 12:21 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:07 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Hey, dont worry Crispygirl. If Spain isnt for me, Im gonna travel too, wherever and whenever I like.

Negative opinions are like Royalty - They have no use.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

Hello Nice Peeps,
Well, count me in. I shall be in and around Valencia next Tues looking for a property, and shall move just as soon as I've sold my properties here. I lived in Spain for over 7 years (but some may moons ago) and still keep the language from going rusty through maintaining many of the old friendships formed back in the day and my girlfriend has been studying Spanish for the last three years. Once settled, I shall move her parents out to live in a close but separate apartment. With a Wi-Fi connection I can work with my feet soaking in the pool, a G & T by my side and the Med over my laptop screen. I hope it'll last till the last child leaves home....and we then go explore new pastures.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 12:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
The camper thing is a brilliant idea. Whilst in the UK we owned motor homes for 5 years. We enjoyed them tremendously, but eventually sold due to parking space problems. If you get one, make sure you buy one with a fixed bed, cos you will get so fed up of making beds up every night its untrue. Have a look at Rapido ... thats the last one we had, really well built. Its still in the back of our minds to get another to tour Europe .... maybe!
Always best not to take the bait.

Rosemary
Old Apr 15th 2007, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Always best not to take the bait.

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary,

I was going to reply as soon as I got up but thought no have a bath and let it go, but sadly as my family will tell you until I have FOOD in my tummy I am unbearable and no one talks to me everyone stays out of my way until they see my empty plate. My youngest daughter has inherited this from her mother and her new boyfriend learnt very quickly to recognise the signs as it can happen any time of day, the same happens if I get too thirsty never go anywhere with a bottle of water, in fact OH knows he is in big trouble if there isn't a drink in the car bless him he is so good to me.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

Thanks Mitzyboy, I know, I know let it go.........but you know just sometimes

We have thought about buying a smaller cheaper house and investing in a camper as we would really like to tour Spain in our own time and not be rushed and have the aggro of hotels and such like. With a camper we could just have the freedom we want and then with a small crash pad (I've been watching Location, Location, Location) we can hold up in the winter months.
I think us to oldies are reliving the youth we never had Good idea about the bed, if I had to make it up everyday I think I would just leave it down and lay in all day whilst OH did the driving.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Go Girl,

Go get that camper, we have had three of various makes, but all german the last one was a Cartago 9mtr with a 5mtr trailer for my bikes

If you have the time go to the largest Motorhome exhibition in Europe in DUSSELDORF and it's normally the last weekend of August/ 1st week of Sept.
Get a cheap flight from Air Berlin direct from the Costas to Dusseldorf Airport and the site is right next door.

Whatever you do have fun, you only have one life to live
It is huge it has 15 hall each one the size of Earls Court, and they have a free bus service around the site and into town each and every day.
It's a fantastic place to see, there is everything from small pocket campers up to the super luxury with their Ferraris in the garage underneath.

It's worth a visit just to see what is available & most of the dealers who are there also have second hand stock which they are alway's looking to offload
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:28 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmm, we have house on the market, hope to make tracks for Portugal before we get to old. Don't get me wrong OH and I are happy enough here but we think there must me more to life. I don't paretically think that Chiclana (and now I know I'm leaving my self open for for the critics) offers what I was expecting from Spain and the more I listen to what peeps on BE write about where they live the more I am beginning to realise this.
No criticism here crispygirl, but can I ask why Chic doesn't offer what you were expecting from Spain
Old Apr 15th 2007, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
No criticism here crispygirl, but can I ask why Chic doesn't offer what you were expecting from Spain

Hello Cape Blue

Not sure if I can put into a few words what it is, I am very much a person that goes by feelings and things have to talk to me. As I have said I am happy enough here but well I find Chiclana town very, very, very can't find a word ummm well there no centre to it, it has no heart for me (Oh I can feel a few irate comments coming my way from the die hard Chiclana lovers).

Just recently I traveled through the centre of Spain (on my way back from Portugal OH took the scenic route home) and it got me thinking, how often do we go in to town? - answer maybe once or twice a month - what for? - to buy milk because I only like milk from one shop. Why don't you go more often? it depresses me there - why? Do you know what Cape Blue I think I will PM you with my answer.......
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:29 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

They are not.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 10:04 pm

They are not.

Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:29 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

The last ten words,read you post,anyway it looks like Kerri is on the wobble,how can we help him.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:34 pm
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

The last ten words,read you post,anyway it looks like Kerri is on the wobble,how can we help him.
It´s Keri, knobend, it´s written on your screen, all you have to do is cut and paste if you get stuck.

And how am I ón the wobble´ if that is an actual phrase.

You come back for one day and you poke people, you like to see failure because you are a pessimist. So take it elsewhere.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.