Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Will they last!

Will they last!

Old Apr 13th 2007, 4:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will they last!

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Is this something like "Naughty's Stay or Go Sweepstake", because I think we should remember that was started as a little fun but it ended up hurting Miss Naught's feelings.

Don't think I am a party pooper (is that spelt right) it's just some of us get a little carried away sometimes with what we say.
Here here!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 5:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Is this something like "Naughty's Stay or Go Sweepstake", because I think we should remember that was started as a little fun but it ended up hurting Miss Naught's feelings.

Don't think I am a party pooper (is that spelt right) it's just some of us get a little carried away sometimes with what we say.
Agree with you totally. I do not think that any of the genuine people on this forum wish any newcomers ill and they are unnerved enough about the move without this type of thread.

Rosemary
Old Apr 13th 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by The Oddities
...and they are unnerved enough about the move without this type of thread.
For my part, opinions written in forums like this, by people I do not know personally, aren't going to affect my intentions or feelings.

What will affect them are hard facts and information that is corroborated by multiple sources I use in my research.

I can be as sarcastic or provoking as anyone, and sometimes a good dose of cynicism is an excellent damper on unreasonable expectations or unbridled 'virgin' enthusiasm
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:00 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Youve all read what they hope there new life in Spain will be like ,and there is about eight of them ready to take the plunge,Anybody think they will last,did they ask the right questions,or will they be Glad to be back.
We are going over on the 10th May - am I one of your 'eight' ?
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

paulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nicepaulainspain is just really nice

Good luck to all of you who are considering the move. We have been here almost 4 years and it has certainly been an experience. We came when the boys were 4 and 6 years, they have had a fantastic time and so have we. It has taught me to relax, be more tolerant, lose my materialistic values that I had in the UK which has been a very useful learning curve and an important lesson both for us as adults and the boys. Unfortunately my husband has no work here now and has gone to the UK, not what we planned but means must and we are now planning to go to OZ. I would recommend it to anyone but its not easy and remember MANANA
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

I hope that all of you make a new and exciting life here in Spain,which you all will if you have that dream & are determined to suceed

The very best of luck
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:28 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by Big_john
I hope that all of you make a new and exciting life here in Spain,which you all will if you have that dream & are determined to suceed

The very best of luck
Agreed.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:30 am
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lionda
We are going over on the 10th May - am I one of your 'eight' ?
Yes,and I hope you make it,but have you asked the right questions.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:32 am
Banned

Originally Posted by IntuitiveNipple
For my part, opinions written in forums like this, by people I do not know personally, aren't going to affect my intentions or feelings.

What will affect them are hard facts and information that is corroborated by multiple sources I use in my research.

I can be as sarcastic or provoking as anyone, and sometimes a good dose of cynicism is an excellent damper on unreasonable expectations or unbridled 'virgin' enthusiasm
And dreamers that will have there eyes opened.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:38 am
Banned

Originally Posted by onlineamiga
Who are the 8 that are imminently taking the plunge? I know theres me, intiuitivenipple, kerri and a couple more whom i cant remember their names.
Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to those that are about to go to report on how they're diong as soon as they get there.

10 days to go for me, the stomachs a churning a bit hehehe.

Is it me or has rental prices in the costa del sol shot up again in the last couple of weeks ?
I think the thread would be an interesting one.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Agree with you totally. I do not think that any of the genuine people on this forum wish any newcomers ill and they are unnerved enough about the move without this type of thread.

Rosemary
Thanks for your input.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 6:59 am
Banned

Originally Posted by jeanc
I'm hoping to be out in Spain for end of Aug. House on market 1st May hope to sell quickly, if does will come out for start of new school year and maybe hubby will have to stay back to sort things out
If you want to sell quicklly put your house in a London auction.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:03 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

Youve all read what they hope there new life in Spain will be like ,and there is about eight of them ready to take the plunge,Anybody think they will last,did they ask the right questions,or will they be Glad to be back.
Check out Mr. Negative

I'll be alright, Ive already said that if I dont get on in spain I'll try Portugal, if that fails, Italy, if that fails, France, if that fails then I'll get a plane to afghanistan and take my chances dodging bullets.

I know I shouldnt, but I truly hate the UK in a very large way. When I tell people that, some say 'Why are you here then?' which led me to this forum
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:08 am
I have a member

Keri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really niceKeri2323 is just really nice

And dreamers that will have there eyes opened.
Just a quick question? When did you lose your dream Mr Jack?
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:12 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Keri2323
Just a quick question? When did you lose your dream Mr Jack?
Still making it happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.