Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where do we go from here?

Where do we go from here?

Old Oct 3rd 2009, 3:01 pm
  #76  
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,368
agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by HBG
So if any of you are going to slag off Torrevieja, be warned. .
I have many times in the past!
agoreira is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 6:50 am
  #77  
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Hérault (34)
Posts: 8,888
dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by jdr
No shame on me mate, rather shame on them.
You should spend as much time as you can with the ones you love, life is too short.
I agree.
I've been following the Painter Saga for a time and am amazed that they have only just realized the implications of living a distance away from their daughter's school. I agree it's a bind to make 4 trips into town each school day, but they chose to live where they live, and apparently didn't consider all the drawbacks. Mujer, who lived with a child in Spain before, could have spent time thinking about the practical side of her younger daughter's schooling rather than post threads about keeping donkeys and acquiring The Times, among other things....
They are now facing the consequences of their choice. If it's really a problem for the OPs to share the bind of driving their daughter to and from school (and the taxiing will be more frequent when she's older and wants to visit her friends), and you must move, then take into account the location of her future secondary school before you decide where to move. Check on the school bus routes....
I don't live in Spain, but have lived through the same situation. When we decided to move with two children from the Paris suburbs to the rural South, both working at home, we knew we'd have to make sacrifices and didn't regret taxiing them when necessary. It wasn't difficult to organize our work around their time-tables and they appreciated that we were available for them.
All the time spent with one's children is precious - enjoy your daughter to the full now - she'll have grown up and left home before you know it.
dmu is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:14 am
  #78  
BE Forum Addict
Thread Starter
 
paintermujer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Valencia
Posts: 1,249
paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by dmu
I agree.
I've been following the Painter Saga for a time and am amazed that they have only just realized the implications of living a distance away from their daughter's school. I agree it's a bind to make 4 trips into town each school day, but they chose to live where they live, and apparently didn't consider all the drawbacks. Mujer, who lived with a child in Spain before, could have spent time thinking about the practical side of her younger daughter's schooling rather than post threads about keeping donkeys and acquiring The Times, among other things....
They are now facing the consequences of their choice. If it's really a problem for the OPs to share the bind of driving their daughter to and from school (and the taxiing will be more frequent when she's older and wants to visit her friends), and you must move, then take into account the location of her future secondary school before you decide where to move. Check on the school bus routes....
I don't live in Spain, but have lived through the same situation. When we decided to move with two children from the Paris suburbs to the rural South, both working at home, we knew we'd have to make sacrifices and didn't regret taxiing them when necessary. It wasn't difficult to organize our work around their time-tables and they appreciated that we were available for them.
All the time spent with one's children is precious - enjoy your daughter to the full now - she'll have grown up and left home before you know it.
If you think our life is a saga then what very sad people you are.

We come on here only asking for advice and are accused of being bad parents.

Our daughters interests are at the very heart of all of this.What the hell do you know about us.

She is lonely where we are with no friends and there never will be.The house let we have was only temporary to get us here and then to look for
somewhere permanent.

I asked such a simple question but look at all your comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of you on here are pathetic small minded people im sorry to say.

I would have thought you would have been more understanding having moved to spain yourselves at some stage but no. Youre very high and mighty and very critical of other people and are just waiting to lunge at someone.

People in the Uk who have no idea whatever too like to stick their useless 2 pennyworth in.

God, how bored are you all.Dont you have something better to do.

Will use pm from now on for people worth talking to.

The rest of you can just kiss my ass cos your pathetic.

Goodbye.
paintermujer is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 7:38 am
  #79  
Forum Regular
 
leckytech's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Hondon de las Nieves
Posts: 97
leckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by paintermujer
If you think our life is a saga then what very sad people you are.

We come on here only asking for advice and are accused of being bad parents.

Our daughters interests are at the very heart of all of this.What the hell do you know about us.

She is lonely where we are with no friends and there never will be.The house let we have was only temporary to get us here and then to look for
somewhere permanent.

I asked such a simple question but look at all your comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of you on here are pathetic small minded people im sorry to say.

I would have thought you would have been more understanding having moved to spain yourselves at some stage but no. Youre very high and mighty and very critical of other people and are just waiting to lunge at someone.

People in the Uk who have no idea whatever too like to stick their useless 2 pennyworth in.

God, how bored are you all.Dont you have something better to do.

Will use pm from now on for people worth talking to.

The rest of you can just kiss my ass cos your pathetic.

Goodbye.
100% Agree. I find their comments infuriating. Perhaps instead of prowling these forums their time would be better spent with their kids/grandkids and this forum would be a much happier place.
leckytech is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 8:23 am
  #80  
Member
 
manamama's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Home in Herts
Posts: 658
manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Paintermujer

Don't let the small minded divs stop you posting.

I enjoy your posts and like to know how you get on as do most of us who log on each day.
manamama is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 9:54 am
  #81  
BE Forum Addict
 
Veleta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,101
Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

I'm just reading this thread for the first time now, and it's too long for me to read every post so sorry if I am repeating anything already said.

I'm a huge believer in first impressions. It took me less than an hour to realise that the first city I was renting in was not somewhere I could live. Equally it took me less than an hour to realise the opposite about where I am living now. So if you have been where you are for several weeks already and it is not working out for you I say get out and move on. Don't waste any more time. Sticking it out and trying to find those "hidden delights" that make the town a delight for others just aren't going to be there for you.

Sorry I have no suggestions for where else you could go as I don't know that part of spain.

PS - I wouldn't be prepared to do 4 x 7kms each day either when 4 x 0kms is an option. And why can't kids take packed lunches to school here??? (I have all of this ahead of me still.)
Veleta is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:30 am
  #82  
Forum Regular
 
leckytech's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Hondon de las Nieves
Posts: 97
leckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by Veleta
So if you have been where you are for several weeks already and it is not working out for you I say get out and move on. Don't waste any more time. Sticking it out and trying to find those "hidden delights" that make the town a delight for others just aren't going to be there for you.
Of course the problem I have and I would imagine the OP has is having signed a lease were a bit screwed until the lease expires.

Edit: Not that were thinking of leaving Hondon though just nearer the village would be nice!
leckytech is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:39 am
  #83  
jdr
RETIRED ;-))
 
jdr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Location: Benalmadena Pueblo,Spain
Posts: 20,156
jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by leckytech
100% Agree. I find their comments infuriating. Perhaps instead of prowling these forums their time would be better spent with their kids/grandkids and this forum would be a much happier place.
Not prowling the forum, I was here way before all of you involved in this thread.
Maybe you should read up the purpose of a forum ?
If you ask a question you are always going to get different answers you may not like, especially if they are worded giving the impression that it is a pain to drive their children about as it is interfering with their own work schedule.

I spend as much time as I can with my kids and grandkids as I can cos family time is so important.

Originally Posted by manamama
Paintermujer

Don't let the small minded divs stop you posting.

I enjoy your posts and like to know how you get on as do most of us who log on each day.
Not small minded, just reading between the lines and forming their opinion of the situation.
jdr is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:48 am
  #84  
BE Forum Addict
 
Veleta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,101
Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by leckytech
Of course the problem I have and I would imagine the OP has is having signed a lease were a bit screwed until the lease expires.

Edit: Not that were thinking of leaving Hondon though just nearer the village would be nice!
This being Spain there is bugger all that the landlord will be able to do if you left the property early. I've left a contract early on more than one occasion. They might not like it, but there's nothing they can do without spending huge amounts of money going to court, which of course doesn't make financial sense.
Veleta is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:52 am
  #85  
Forum Regular
 
leckytech's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Hondon de las Nieves
Posts: 97
leckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by jdr
Not prowling the forum, I was here way before all of you involved in this thread.
Maybe you should read up the purpose of a forum ?
If you ask a question you are always going to get different answers you may not like, especially if they are worded giving the impression that it is a pain to drive their children about as it is interfering with their own work schedule.

I spend as much time as I can with my kids and grandkids as I can cos family time is so important.



Not small minded, just reading between the lines and forming their opinion of the situation.
yawn... Just go away...your opinion isnt required or wanted...silly person

Last edited by leckytech; Oct 4th 2009 at 10:55 am.
leckytech is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 10:56 am
  #86  
BE Forum Addict
 
Veleta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,101
Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by jdr
If you ask a question you are always going to get different answers you may not like, especially if they are worded giving the impression that it is a pain to drive their children about as it is interfering with their own work schedule.
.
Don't diminish the importance of working. Afterall no work = no money = no kids.

I won't be able to allow my kids to interfere too much with my work schedule either because without the work the kids won't be able to exist.
Veleta is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:12 am
  #87  
Forum Regular
 
carter71's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Alacant
Posts: 170
carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by paintermujer
She is lonely where we are with no friends and there never will be.
Plenty of children where you are. Had you come across a little bit friendlier, I might have even considered introducing you to my three - but I'm always cautious. For good reason it would seem.
carter71 is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:15 am
  #88  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Valencia
Posts: 1,164
whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by Veleta
Don't diminish the importance of working. Afterall no work = no money = no kids.

I won't be able to allow my kids to interfere too much with my work schedule either because without the work the kids won't be able to exist.


Children are for life, not just for Christmas
whitelinen is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:18 am
  #89  
BE Forum Addict
 
rachelk's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Córdoba
Posts: 1,558
rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Lord above, there's some unnecessary needling and general tetchiness going on here.

Full moon time again.
rachelk is offline  
Old Oct 4th 2009, 11:20 am
  #90  
BE Forum Addict
 
Veleta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,101
Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Children are for life, not just for Christmas
Errr.....are you trying to say that providing for your children is not important????

If not, perhaps you could rephrase your comment so that I can understand what point you are trying to make.
Veleta is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.