Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Where do we go from here?

Where do we go from here?

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do we go from here?

Originally Posted by HBG
I love a decent discussion,..
...and this isn't one of them! Seems like the OP does not like some of the advice given, that happens, it's not always going to be what you wanted to hear unfortunately. Doesn't sound like the OP has got off to a flying start, but throwing the toys out of the pram, and resorting to abuse of a fellow member will not improve their situation. Might make them feel a bit better, but all sounds a bit childish to me.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:43 pm

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by agoreira
...and this isn't one of them! Seems like the OP does not like some of the advice given, that happens, it's not always going to be what you wanted to hear unfortunately. Doesn't sound like the OP has got off to a flying start, but throwing the toys out of the pram, and resorting to abuse of a fellow member will not improve their situation. Might make them feel a bit better, but all sounds a bit childish to me.
In my reading the OP was after ideas of areas.

Instead she got some replies as utter useless rubbish as advice (that happens) I would be hacked off too.

Makes you think twice about asking anything on this forum...
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:57 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama

Instead she got some replies as utter useless rubbish as advice (that happens) I would be hacked off too.

Re-read the post, the first problem was all the time she has to spend taking her kids to school, some 7kms each way.
A very small distance and problem as far as I can work out, in fact no problem at all to be with your kids for another 15 minutes of each day.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Also makes people think twice about offering any advice, when if it's not the answer they wanted to hear, they resort to slagging people off. Forums are like that, they populated by all types, some sad, bored, with nothing better to do than wind people up, and of course they love it when someone takes the bait. Very often the best advice is the advice you do not want to hear.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 4:37 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry, but that's not fair. The OP asked for advice on other regions and specifically mentioned the area around Valencia, and it was pointed out that there are problems there with a large population of Eastern Europeans who have moved into the area, particularly Rumanians who have been kicked out by their own country because of their antisocial lifestyle. Surely such advice would be of benefit to the OP.

It was also pointed out that there is nothing wrong with the town where they now live, a typical Spanish town, but it was suggested that they should try to blend in more, and that a month of particularly bad weather shouldn't cloud their judgment. I would class that as helpful advice from people who know because they live there.

Other posters have passed on their knowledge of where they live, in an effort to help. I didn't see much wrong with the post that upset the OP, it was a bit blunt, but probably contained more home truths than most of the others. There was no need for the OP to be rude in reply.

Internet forums are far from perfect, even a well-regulated one like this one, but the information contained here is a million times more accurate than the advert riddled internet pages that serve someone's personal purpose.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HBG
I'm sorry, but that's not fair. The OP asked for advice on other regions and specifically mentioned the area around Valencia, and it was pointed out that there are problems there with a large population of Eastern Europeans who have moved into the area, particularly Rumanians who have been kicked out by their own country because of their antisocial lifestyle. Surely such advice would be of benefit to the OP.

You should be more specific and name the towns in the area around Valencia which according to you are bursting at the seams with Rumanians.

I am sitting here with 4 other people (all Spanish) who like me live in towns and villages just outside the city of Valencia and none of us know of one Rumanian let alone hoardes living anywhere here so maybe you should name the towns or no-one will take any notice of what you say as is too vague.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

ooooooo its like watching Jeremy Kyle
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 6:50 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
You should be more specific and name the towns in the area around Valencia which according to you are bursting at the seams with Rumanians.

I am sitting here with 4 other people (all Spanish) who like me live in towns and villages just outside the city of Valencia and none of us know of one Rumanian let alone hoardes living anywhere here so maybe you should name the towns or no-one will take any notice of what you say as is too vague.
I bow to your superior knowledge. I was commenting on something I had read, but you're there and know far better than me. Sorry.

I too was with a number of Spanish friends earlier today, but we were discussing Madrid's bid for the Olympics and football. I think Chicago will win it, especially with that speech from Mrs Obama, what a beautiful lady.
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by HBG
I think Chicago will win it, especially with that speech from Mrs Obama, what a beautiful lady.
No, I reckon Rio will win it!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 7:29 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by painterhombre
tell me about it!!!!!!

today was our 1st day of doing just that, and what a pain in the ass it is!

if the estate agent had been honest and the house REALLY WAS 2 kms from the town AND NOT 7KMS FROM THE TOWN it wouldnt be so bad!!!! and god, r we having problems with the estate agent!!!!!!
Yes 7ks into the campo can take quite a while to cover unlike a main road & as you favour Valencia I gave you the name of a very good village that covers what you said you need (page 2 I think)

Brian
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by playamonte
Yes 7ks into the campo can take quite a while to cover unlike a main road & as you favour Valencia I gave you the name of a very good village that covers what you said you need (page 2 I think)

Brian
They're not really in the campo. Outside the town, yes, but it's a fast main road all the way right up to the left turn at the guardia civil, 1.5k from the town centre.

They've been doing some mobile roadworks on that road this week - so maybe that's slowed them down a bit on the school run, but it's usually only a single truck and a couple of fit young Spanish men with pointy arrows

Oh, hang on... I've just remembered, I really live in Manchester and only pretend to live here as part of some big fantasy!
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

leckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant futureleckytech has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
Re-read the post, the first problem was all the time she has to spend taking her kids to school, some 7kms each way.
A very small distance and problem as far as I can work out, in fact no problem at all to be with your kids for another 15 minutes of each day.
What a P**** Thats an absolutely terrible thing to imply, shame on you

Last edited by leckytech; Oct 3rd 2009 at 8:13 am.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leckytech
What a P**** Thats an absolutely terrible thing to imply, shame on you
No shame on me mate, rather shame on them.
You should spend as much time as you can with the ones you love, life is too short.
Re read the whole thread especially posts 34 and 38, it certainly seems to me that driving their kids to school is a major problem for both of them, taking time away from their precious company work.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 12:54 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: Where do we go from here?

I don't know about anyone else, but I've learnt a lesson from this discussion. If you write derogatory things about a place, be it Plymouth, Aspe, the campo around Valencia, or anywhere else for that matter, the people living there will, quite rightly, come back at you, especially if you're wrong.

So if any of you are going to slag off Torrevieja, be warned. It's full up anyway.
Old Oct 3rd 2009, 1:36 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I don't know about anyone else, but I've learnt a lesson from this discussion. If you write derogatory things about a place, be it Plymouth, Aspe, the campo around Valencia, or anywhere else for that matter, the people living there will, quite rightly, come back at you, especially if you're wrong.

So if any of you are going to slag off Torrevieja, be warned. It's full up anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.