Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:57 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by CLR
I will go with this too, and when the sun is over the yard arm its time for a drink

The whole of this thread is way over my head
No, no, and no.

When you areTHIRSTY it is time for a drink.

All this technical yardarm stuff is quite unnecessary.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:12 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bil
No, no, and no.

When you areTHIRSTY it is time for a drink.

Just tried to tackle this thread again - given up and now going for a lie down in a darkened room - with a drink!!
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:24 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I know how you hate all the technical stuff bil
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:26 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I know how you hate all the technical stuff bil
A corkscrew is techie enough at this hour of the day....
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Xabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz
Since 2005 I have been spreading information in Cadiz and Spain concerning the effects of the perpetual, "Watergate-type", cover-up of the origins and failures of the governmental imposition of double summertime in Spain since 1918
I suppose they faked the moon landings as well ...

John C
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Xabiero
I suppose they faked the moon landings as well ...

John C
They certainly put the shadows in the wrong place. lol
Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Xabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant futureXabiero has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
They certainly put the shadows in the wrong place. lol
That's because the landings were filmed in a special studio on Mars. NASA never went to the Moon! It's a "Watergate-type" cover-up! The evidence is right in front of us!!

Old Aug 21st 2009, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

bealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud ofbealerDSB has much to be proud of

//YAWN//

DSB.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice
Red face Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Must admit this is all way over my head.

A) ... In any event when did the Spanish ever worry about the time?

B) ... Personally, being a country boy, born and bred,......I use the Sun to gauge the time,....... rather than the time to gauge the Sun.......
a) You are right - and that causes problems - and nasty ones, at that ! for ยดmost everyone in Spain !
b) Jolly good idea !

The Beeb statement - apparently like my narratives ! - is rather obscure.

Thatยดs because they have enough problems dealing with China, etc.
Giving it a technical phrase, they are saying that there is preferential, partial censorship in all the media in Spain - on my subjects in particular (In all modesty - a percentage of the information for the beeb statement arises from my information to them since 2005 ).

In other words, the media allow material which supports the Spanish Clocks - but stays silent on opposing views (exception - rare appearances of the President of the Commission in Spain).
Suffice to say, they carelessly permit news items which depend on "hazardous" connections with the silly clocks - and not just the times for midday, etc.!

Cheers.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice
Question Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by CLR
I will go with this too, and when the sun is over the yard arm its time for a drink

The whole of this thread is way over my head
Hi CLR,

Why is it so difficult to understand that the clocks in Spain are running more than two hours fast in most of Spain ?

It seems clear enough to me that the Spanish people in general have been clever enough to use the clocks AS IF they are 2 hours fast - just as they actually are running fast ! Only in the morning do the authorities make them work at a ridiculous time as far as daylight starting time is concerned !

A good maxim as far as experience in the old country is concerned:-

In Summer, the Sun always rises extremely early in the morning - EVEN in Spain !

Cheers.
Old Aug 25th 2009, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I dread to ask ....... but I'm going to have to ask you to explain that one in words and sentances that are put together in a way I can understand them
Sorry, Mitzyboy, I missed this query in my prolonged absence !

Mitzyboy is asking how workers are most influenced by the Sun, even if working inside buildings, etc.?

What I was trying to say a bit briefly, is that many Spanish workers now working through the day without the Siesta break in the afternoon cannot escape the influence of the Sun even if working with no daylight visible (as if troglodytes in fiction). The Sun is too powerful in its influence at both dawn and in the prolonged evenings. The Sun beats authoritarianism !

Cheers.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Why is it so difficult to understand that the clocks in Spain are running more than two hours fast in most of Spain ?
Hmmm ... do I go to work now or in two hours time? How do I know if my clock is running more two hours fast? Do I change my clock so that it is now only 06:39 and go back to bed? Ah! but will my clients accept my argument if I am two hours late for the appointment? How can I explain to them of the existence of a new world order conspiracy to make us think that it is really two hours later than it actually is for the purpose of making us think that it's later and therefore confusing the whole issue with regards to the position of the sun in the sky? On second thoughts, do I really care? Hmmm ... easy answer - NO!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:12 am
CLR
Forum Regular

CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Hi CLR,

It seems clear enough to me that the Spanish people in general have been clever enough to use the clocks AS IF they are 2 hours fast - just as they actually are running fast ! Only in the morning do the authorities make them work at a ridiculous time as far as daylight starting time is concerned !

A good maxim as far as experience in the old country is concerned:-

In Summer, the Sun always rises extremely early in the morning - EVEN in Spain !

Cheers.

Two hours faster than what? time where?

A clock is a man made object used to tell the time with accuracy (providing the batteries are in). (saves looking at the time dial in the p*****g rain every ten minutes). The problem is what?

What have the authorities got to do with it?

In Shetland in Summer we get 24 hours daylight please tell me why the Spanish conspiracy on time has not winged its way here, to get more out of the impoverished workers.

Currently sat in work with my morning coffee - 9.00 a.m. or is it 11.00 or is it 7.00 in which case damn it I could have had a lie in.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:14 am
CLR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Xabiero
Hmmm ... do I go to work now or in two hours time? How do I know if my clock is running more two hours fast? Do I change my clock so that it is now only 06:39 and go back to bed? Ah! but will my clients accept my argument if I am two hours late for the appointment? How can I explain to them of the existence of a new world order conspiracy to make us think that it is really two hours later than it actually is for the purpose of making us think that it's later and therefore confusing the whole issue with regards to the position of the sun in the sky? On second thoughts, do I really care? Hmmm ... easy answer - NO!
Sorry I had not read, this before I replied - Spot on - totally agree
Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:52 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CLR
Two hours faster than what?
In Shetland in Summer we get 24 hours daylight please tell me why the Spanish conspiracy on time has not winged its way here, to get more out of the impoverished workers.
Cast your mind back a few decades to when the UK Govt messed with the time by allowing Summertime to run through the Winter.
The Scots and folk up North were up in arms about it,having to go to work in the black dark and worst of all send the kids off to school in the black dark.
Suffice to say it was back to normal the following year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.