Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Old May 2nd 2009, 8:49 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz
the Sun is too powerful in Spain - even when working inside !
I dread to ask ....... but I'm going to have to ask you to explain that one in words and sentances that are put together in a way I can understand them
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:50 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Sorry livit, but i couldn´t disagree more with that last statement - people who work night shifts know it well - the Sun is too powerful in Spain - even when working inside ! The Commission knows it all too well - and they are more than backed by All the big businessmen quoted on their website.
No the body has to adjust to any change, not just time change, the difference being that if a person changes dramatically, that can have an effect on the body.

A slight change in the day time, has no effect on the body, to believe otherwise is simply that, belief.

There has been some results in test`s on humans working night`s over long periods, it could be a facture in some cancers even, but serious change is the issue, not an slight time change in the day.
Old May 2nd 2009, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute

If you are up at 8 o´clock, then the realtime is 5:45 am by the sundial in Malaga ! So - go back to sleep again !

Cheers.
27 / IV / 2009

So, when i dont turn up to work cause i went back to sleep....what do i tell my boss? that i had to hide away from the sun....? will he still pay me/not fire me?
Old May 2nd 2009, 5:48 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

So 8am in Malaga is really 5.45am, nope 8am is 8am, the travel of the planet ensure`s that`s correct.

Don`t mess with time unless your in the same IQ range as the people who work time out.
Old May 8th 2009, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice

[QUOTE=livit;7535892]So 8am in Malaga is really 5.45am, nope 8am is 8am, the travel of the planet ensure`s that`s correct.
QUOTE]

Perhaps you have a chat to an airline captain on that one - there are places, such as Spain and France where the time of day is just a mess.
Just over the horizon from me - due south, is Morocco - where you drop your watchtime by TWO hours - for no real reason in Spain !

I was advising the Met Office HQ in Dunstable Downs about sunrise-sunset matters on their charts in 1958 - and they took up my suggestion.

Cheers.
Old May 8th 2009, 1:33 pm
Banned

Perhaps you have a chat to an airline captain on that one - there are places, such as Spain and France where the time of day is just a mess.
There always will be, no matter how you change, someone will be affected.

And since France and Spain, the rest of the world isn`t affected, there is no need to waste time, money etc.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice
Talking Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by livit
9 to 5 pm`
The Commission is tagetting 9 to 5 as starting far too early in the morning !
10 to 6:30pm is most likely (with extra lunch break). Proper explanations would satisfy the unions !!

Current development:

I recently noticed the following paragraph on the BBC website www.bbc.co.uk as part of the BBC information in the section "Media" listed for SPAIN as found in an option box for various countries in the lower part of the right hand side of a principal news page.

Special info on Spain in:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/co...les/991960.stm
(as of August, 2009).

"In spite of the proliferation of print and broadcast media, and their diverse political stances, concerns have been raised about political influence in the media, and particularly in public broadcasting."
End of Quote.

Since 2005 I have been spreading information in Cadiz and Spain concerning the effects of the perpetual, "Watergate-type", cover-up of the origins and failures of the governmental imposition of double summertime in Spain since 1918 - GMT+2 - and the similar, previous imposition of "normal summertime"- GMT+1 - but throughout the whole year for ever - from around 1912, after the World had adopted the British GMT as the Time Standard. (The French-type system of double summertime was reimposed in 1974 - after Franco stopped it in Spain for 1950 onwards).

So, I can confirm the "inactivity" of the media on this subject in Spain.
ONLY SUPPORT FOR THE TIME SYSTEM IS SHOWN.

Cheers. SPBC
Old Aug 20th 2009, 9:47 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Must admit this is all way over my head.

In any event when did the Spanish ever worry about the time?

Personally, being a country boy, born and bred,......I use the Sun to gauge the time,....... rather than the time to gauge the Sun.......
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:29 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe I just read this
Old Aug 20th 2009, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I can't believe I just read this
I know what you mean. Been reading this since last year and none the wiser.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:58 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

No No No not again aggggghh

Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Personally, being a country boy, born and bred,......I use the Sun to gauge the time,....... rather than the time to gauge the Sun.......
hey, i do that, i know the time by where the sun is over the trees at the top of my garden or where it comes up in a morning on the front of the house, that it goes round the back about 2pm so we move off the front balcony to the back garden - "simples" as the meercats say Wot an exciting life we lead............
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:34 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jaques2go
hey, i do that, i know the time by where the sun is over the trees at the top of my garden or where it comes up in a morning on the front of the house, that it goes round the back about 2pm so we move off the front balcony to the back garden - "simples" as the meercats say Wot an exciting life we lead............
All the modern electronic gadgets cant beat Mother Nature.
If I am lost out on the roads, the first thing I look for is shadows, to check if my general heading is still ok.
Can almost always see some sign of them, even on a cloudy day.
As a kid I once got a bit lost in a whiteout,going round in circles for a while.
Later on when working out on the hills in a whiteout,with nothing identifiable to be seen and no Sun, I learnt to use the wind and snow direction to set an approx. heading for home.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:40 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

If I'm out in Spain for any length of time, I tend to slip into the lotus eater state, where I couldn't tell you what day it is, let alone what the time is.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 5:46 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bil
If I'm out in Spain for any length of time, I tend to slip into the lotus eater state, where I couldn't tell you what day it is, let alone what the time is.
I will go with this too, and when the sun is over the yard arm its time for a drink

The whole of this thread is way over my head

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.