Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Old Aug 26th 2009, 8:57 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Oh dear god!
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:11 am
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Cast your mind back a few decades to when the UK Govt messed with the time by allowing Summertime to run through the Winter.
The Scots and folk up North were up in arms about it,having to go to work in the black dark and worst of all send the kids off to school in the black dark.
Suffice to say it was back to normal the following year.
Is that what this is about - or conspiracy theories - or am I just thick?
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:27 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CLR
Judging by previous posts, I got the impression that nobody seems to know what this is all about, so just thought I'd put my twopenneth in to add to the confusion...........
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:38 am
CLR
Forum Regular

CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Judging by previous posts, I got the impression that nobody seems to know what this is all about, so just thought I'd put my twopenneth in to add to the confusion...........

Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice
Exclamation Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by CLR
Two hours faster than what? time where?

A clock is a man made object used to tell the time with accuracy (providing the batteries are in). (saves looking at the time dial in the p*****g rain every ten minutes). The problem is what?

What have the authorities got to do with it?

In Shetland in Summer we get 24 hours daylight please tell me why the Spanish conspiracy on time has not winged its way here, to get more out of the impoverished workers.

Currently sat in work with my morning coffee - 9.00 a.m. or is it 11.00 or is it 7.00 in which case damn it I could have had a lie in.
HI CLR !
Forgive a few typos - I am writing in bright daylight on my laptop !

Hope you don´t mind if I think you are completely phased out on this!
The UK govt - like most countries in temperate latitudes puts the clocks in the UK at one hour fast compared to the Sun in Summer. - (France did that permanently in abot 1910 - but for the whole year for ever - except then in 1916 put an extra hour fast for Summer ) Spain followed in 1918 with two hours ahread of thre Sun. Just today, as I write, the sun times in Anadalucia are equivalent to that here in Cadiz - 13 hours of Sun starting at 07:54 on the clocks and finishing at 20:54 this evening. But the Sun rises way before 6 o´clock everywhere in the Northern Hemisphere today ! Midday on the clocks is at 14:24 here today. So the sun rise here is actuallyat 05:30 am by the sundial.
The most hazardous happening for you on this account (stated also by the Commission) is that continual awakening at, or before sunrise this month means that you do not get enough sleep - therefore you are likely to fall asleep when the Sun is high - and you can be badly burnt ! That isa just what I am getting at ! It is the authorities who set the clocks in 1912 and 1918 - plus 1974 - just by ordering people to put clocks forward then.
Note that African countries nearby - except Egypt,etc - do not put clocks forward at all ! They run on sundial time so high noon is two hours earlier just over thew southern horizon from me..
Your idea aboput clocks is frankly in Cloudcuckoo land !

However, you can be forgiven for the situation that you are in !

My reason for campaigning here is really shown on page one of "Time, Gentlemen, Please - NO NOSH" in this forum. People in Spain are killed in at least three different ways by the effects of the extremely early morning start5 to the day !

Hope that helps to explain !
Cheers.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice
Talking Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by CLR
Hi, again!

It is not a case of casting MY mind back - I can always remember that year when the Labour Govt (weak on votes) put the clocks forward twice to double summertime. I was playing in the recreation ground by my home near London at 11 pm in quite brightly lit skies ! -just like children here in Cadiz in June - July at 10 o´clock pm.!

In fact, I am often quoting the fact that Brits hated it !

Cheers.
Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by Xabiero
Hmmm ... do I go to work now or in two hours time? How do I know if my clock is running more two hours fast? Do I change my clock so that it is now only 06:39 and go back to bed? Ah! but will my clients accept my argument if I am two hours late for the appointment? How can I explain to them of the existence of a new world order conspiracy to make us think that it is really two hours later than it actually is for the purpose of making us think that it's later and therefore confusing the whole issue with regards to the position of the sun in the sky? On second thoughts, do I really care? Hmmm ... easy answer - NO!
Hi Xabiero ! (see response to CLR )

Reflecting on your input above (which is not exactly new in this forum) my feeling is that you would really like to support the National Commission on the problems caused by the fast clocks. I have just stated why the vewry early morning together with a high Sun is extremely hazardous for you - because of it you are liable to fall asleep in the High Sun - SO BEWARE !

Thye Commission is composed of many inputs by many concerned indviduals ever since 2002 - when it started ! The President knows that he is up against it here in Spain - just because the system has been i place for the majority of 100 years - and Spanish People have learned nothing of the situation for those 100 years -and the deaths from it getting out of control year by year - no exaggeration !
Cheers (Forgive typos !
Old Sep 6th 2009, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

Wink Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

[QUOTE=ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz;7893458

hi CLR,
Hope that helps to explain !
Cheers.[/QUOTE]

i didn´t explain about the "authorities" because it would have been too much for JDR & Co.
Instead, I have added an item to my BLOG here (timegentlemenplease) which is fairly long , but not too complicated !

There really is a difference to see in the Mediterranean compared to that in the Shetlands !
Cheers.
Old Sep 6th 2009, 11:22 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz
HI CLR !
1,...The most hazardous happening for you on this account is that continual awakening at, or before sunrise this month means that you do not get enough sleep -
2,....therefore you are likely to fall asleep when the Sun is high - and you can be badly burnt !
Cheers.
1,...Have you ever thought about doing like the Spanish and closing your blinds?

2,...Have you ever thought about doing like the Spanish and having a Siesta?

Quote,....""There really is a difference to see in the Mediterranean compared to that in the Shetlands !""

3,...Well I find that really amazing!........
Old Sep 6th 2009, 3:15 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

1,...Have you ever thought about doing like the Spanish and closing your blinds?

2,...Have you ever thought about doing like the Spanish and having a Siesta?

Quote,....""There really is a difference to see in the Mediterranean compared to that in the Shetlands !""

3,...Well I find that really amazing!........

Yes, I agree with you Dick - totally amazing, I did not know there was a differance - I'm chuffing freezing and looking for me thermal drawers - 60 degrees north is not the med. I know you guys are suffering the same

The sun is the main reason we have a home in Spain - the winters here are totally depressing - do I risk a bit of sunburn/ or top myself with SAD, no comparison in my eyes.

I do not care about 2 hours here or there!

Can the mods not close this thread please, please, pretty please,
Old Sep 6th 2009, 3:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CLR

Can the mods not close this thread please, please, pretty please,
Regret there is no official reason to close it other than most of us dont understand what it is about
Old Sep 6th 2009, 4:06 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Regret there is no official reason to close it other than most of us dont understand what it is about
I was just giving myself a pat on the back about my level of English, now I am not too sure.
I cant understand what this is all about it may as well be written in Russian for all the sense it makes to me.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 5:27 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
is he allowed to quote from it on his blog?

Last edited by lynnxa; Sep 7th 2009 at 6:06 am.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

A)[QUOTE=CLR;7908973]

QUOTE]

Just some short statements!

A) Dick dastardly quite wrong - the Spanish do NOT need curtains in mornings.

B) Told Xabiero that the two hours in the morning leads to falling asleep on the beach, etc. because too sleepy !

C) The morning starting time means any workers and Brits can be killed in at least three different ways - absolutely unnecessary in Spain ! (see No NOSH!)

D) All such accidents in C) getting worse year by year.- and are the worst in numbers nin Europe 1

E) All you need to remember in Summer is that the clocks run two hours ahead of the truth - and stop holiday makers coming back to Spain for another holiday - and ruining the future economy !

That sums it up for me ! - and there are Brits who can understand that !

Cheers.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:52 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz;7944975]A)
Originally Posted by CLR

QUOTE]

Just some short statements!

A) Dick dastardly quite wrong - the Spanish do NOT need curtains in mornings.

B) Told Xabiero that the two hours in the morning leads to falling asleep on the beach, etc. because too sleepy !

C) The morning starting time means any workers and Brits can be killed in at least three different ways - absolutely unnecessary in Spain ! (see No NOSH!)

D) All such accidents in C) getting worse year by year.- and are the worst in numbers nin Europe 1

E) All you need to remember in Summer is that the clocks run two hours ahead of the truth - and stop holiday makers coming back to Spain for another holiday - and ruining the future economy !

That sums it up for me ! - and there are Brits who can understand that !

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.