Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Old Nov 4th 2009, 10:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Why? Is Matt twattier than a twatty thing too?? Some would say so but most would say not..........
and those that wouldnt, would say be's nobbier than a nobby thing!
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
and those that wouldnt, would say be's nobbier than a nobby thing!
is that better than a gayer with gay thing epecially about sheep and a penchant for welshmen and golfers ????

(or is that you??)

Last edited by DebsyW; Nov 4th 2009 at 11:15 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Judging by recent posts it appears that SPBCs devious,cunning plan to drive those of us who are not already decrepid and senile,up the wall and well on the way to the loony bin,is coming to fruition.
Probably be sitting back in the morning sun having a good chuckle....
Nah, Dick. We are there already We just had a spark with this old thread to get us all moving again
Old Nov 5th 2009, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Bloody cloudy here today, must be something to do with the time of day.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...a/IMGP1313.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...a/IMGP1312.jpg
I think I saw that very cloud on the way to school yesterday! Just the one, mind, way down a bit past Malaga..........the very same shape & everything. Yip, twas that one, Mitz
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice
Talking Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by jdr
Bloody cloudy here today, must be something to do with the time of day.
Hi jdr !

Remember that you refused me permission to wqarn Britexpats in Biscay France about the doublesummertime having the Sun sear them at 2:15 pm ?

Well he3re is a warning to Britexpats in Russia who are working on projects there!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8357630.stm

Weird news from the Beeb on www.bbc.co.uk *Europe" news.

On a weekend that I have mentioned that the South Coast of Spain is having this year's last day with 10 hours of Sun, I have come accross the absurd idea entertained in public by no less than the Russian Medvedev, that he would prefer FEWER than the *always familiar" 12 Time Zones covering all of Russia from East to West. In other words, say about 6 for arguments sake, of course meaning double sized zones E/W. That means establishing conditions worse than I have described for Spain, which is in 1 1/2 zones in Winter, for Expats in Russia. Business Moguls who maintain the situation in Spain are also responsible for this idea appropriate for the Mad Hatter.
Of course, I have complained to this news source *BBC News" by stating some of the usual details appropriate to the inhabitants of the Spanish western side of the huge Time Zone in the European Union, the CET or MEZ zone.
I finished by stating that the problems are quoted by the Independent National Commission in Madrid, I just add the facts from the newspapers in Spain about the effects of the strange time on daily life through the year here.

I added that the effects of a large Time Zone are not in the knowledge of just about everybody in the World since the very beginning of Time Zones generated by the British Royal Navy everywhere over more than a century before being finally recognised officially, internationally around 1910 ! Greenwich Observatory Time was established instead of that of the World's Standards Centre in Paris ! That system has worked extremely well, except by effective rejection in France and Spain ! Business Moguls are keen to destroy it for harebrained reasons which reduce the Quality of Life for all persons involved.

Thanks a lot, jdr.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 10:19 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! He's back!!
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 6:00 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I think we should have the same time all over the world.

Even better imagine no time at all that `ll be great, no more late emails.

Change like the wind does not always bring good smells, changing the current time in Russia or the planet will not do anything to improve the situation.

Apart from a few academics nobody really sees any improvement being made to warrant the change.

Until substantial evidence beyond speculation can be introduced, no change will come, certainly not in Russia.
Old Nov 22nd 2009, 11:41 pm
Banned

spaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yay! He's back!!
hehe hes banned
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:07 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaniola
hehe hes banned
Not yet....
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice
Exclamation Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by chulo
I think we should have the same time all over the world.

Until substantial evidence beyond speculation can be introduced, no change will come, certainly not in Russia.
Hi Chulo

Firstly, Thanks everbody for Birthday Wishes (75 today !!)

Remenber that it is an expressed wish of the Russian President in his "State of the Federation Message" to the Russian people to enlarge the Time Zones there!

Next:

The USA already uses the same instant of time all around the World - in the Military, The Air Traffic Control, The bships´chronometers !
Everywhere it is awkward - but in use !

Cheers
SPBC
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:34 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz
Hi Chulo

Firstly, Thanks everbody for Birthday Wishes (75 today !!)

Remenber that it is an expressed wish of the Russian President in his "State of the Federation Message" to the Russian people to enlarge the Time Zones there!

Next:

The USA already uses the same instant of time all around the World - in the Military, The Air Traffic Control, The bships´chronometers !
Everywhere it is awkward - but in use !

Cheers
SPBC

Happy Birthday - are you sure its today?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 3:49 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CLR
Happy Birthday - are you sure its today?
If we keep losing time it may be that he's only 72
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:08 pm
CLR
Forum Regular

Location: Shetland/Granada Province and orginally the right side of the border.
CLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to allCLR is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
If we keep losing time it may be that he's only 72

I could do with some of that - in my head I am 21 but me body doesn't believe me