Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice
Wink Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by debandsie
am i the only one thinking - whats this all about ?
Hi debandsie !

Since nobody has responded (?) debandsie, permit me a few more words !

It´s just a case that the clocks in both Spain and France are very confusing at all seasons!

The newspapers in Spain give the game away - especially when the Sun appears for an exact number of hours between sunrise and sunset - about 8 or 9 days in the year.

The Madrid newspaper has shown for the first time in years - the correct times this june 9 and july 2 - and gives away the fact that midday was at 2:14 and 2:19 pm each time (plus also midnight was also at 2:14 and 2:19 am!).

It shows that the Spanish People have always known, since 1918, that lunch time and Siesta is about 2 to 2:30 pm.( Of course, that is really 12 o´clock by the old sundial, and much earlier than the clock shows).

Government and Big Business hate you to know that! You DO NOT have to wait for lunch and dinner to be served late - because it is only the clock that pretends that it is late!

My warnings about the late Sun are the logical consequence of the silly clocks! Hope that is brief enough!

Cheers.
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz
Hi debandsie !
Since nobody has responded (?) debandsie, permit me a few more words !
You're not thread bumping now are you
Old Jul 7th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really niceScarletPlumBlossomCadiz is just really nice
Question Re: TIME, Gentlemen, Please.."Sunny Days are Here Again!"

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You're not thread bumping now are you
Hi Mitzyboy!

As a newbie, I need a little enlightenment on your viewpoint.
I was replying on my own thread to someone puzzled (quite rightly in Spain!)!

What is the "bump"?
Old Jul 7th 2008, 5:28 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mitzyboy!

As a newbie, I need a little enlightenment on your viewpoint.
I was replying on my own thread to someone puzzled (quite rightly in Spain!)!

What is the "bump"?
Bumping is when someone keeps posting on their own thread to keep it high on the list
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

¡ HO -HO-Hola !

Back again - but with a bit of news that i could have been hoping for many years ahead !

Believe it or not ! the spanish people - and officialdom in spain are seeing - on a limited basis - in the next three months - an official, "independent" - account of part of the strange antics in the real time of day in the life of spain !

my locality is Spain, "sharing" experiences here with 80000 guys as estimated (now less) by the US Embassy here in Madrid - additional brits now add just a relative few to the statistics!

In the next three months: an "independent" campaign to convince !

THIS Spring – a concerted “official / independent” CAMPAIGN in Spanish Cities !

Proposed REFORM of stringent, early starting working hours in Spain

Change Work Hours to begin Later in the Morning
(In West Spain starting out for School and Commercial Work is about 06:00 Solar in realtime)

Abolish the SIESTA to achieve it
Siesta actually starts at High Noon in realtime and ends about 15:00 realtime (Solar)
(Abolishing the Siesta will clash the evening rushhours for all commuters - as v. many more go home at the same time !)
(Many workers will be made to work some of the afternoon exposed to the environment)

Make NO CHANGE to the time on the clocks in Spain
The current FAST clocks (+2 ½ hours summertime) have been effectively in operation for 100 years
Commercial Interests deliberately ignore the extremely fast clock system – all 24 hours!
Nothing valid is taught thru´out education (Midday/night supposedly 12:00 HOP on clocks)

Sunbathers / residents have never been informed properly & adequately about the Sun peak
{Except for locally (Cadiz), High Noon time effectively ignored in Central/West Spain - remember, 2:00 to 2:30 HOP is peak time over Spain}

Unnecessarily high accident rates occur in rushhour & other operations too close to sunrise - which is so-o-o late in HOP time!

The late appearance of all mealtimes is a Grand Illusion – badly misunderstood by visitors who wait without need for mealtimes!

The “Business” Campaign is operated by the Comision Nacional Independiente, ARHOE

I support the REASON for the campaign.

I do NOT support the SOLUTIONS proposed !

You might find this undemocratic campaign to alter Government Legislation concerning Work & Leisure regulations, including the abolition of the Siesta Period, to be interesting.
It is undemocratic because virtually the entire population and officialdom are completely unaware of the basic factors of the influence of far earlier legislation in 1910 -1918 on Spanish Life!
You should also be aware, again unlike the population, that double summertime was introduced before 1974 in Spain – during 16 years after 1918 ! It dramatically influenced life in Spain !

i am attaching an email document which gives a fuller account of the above factors and how the campaign is put before the public - with very little mentioned correctly in the media.

ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz
11005, Cadiz, Spain, 3 / III / 2009

Last edited by ScarletPlumBlossomCadiz; Mar 3rd 2009 at 10:37 am. Reason: attachment fault (docx?)
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:34 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Oh dear god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keeping the ladies on BE moist since 2006.
Should keep everyone glued to the seat!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:48 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Should keep everyone glued to the seat!
So I am told.......
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:30 am
Senior Moment

Im sorry SPBC, as usualy I have very little clue as to what you are trying to say.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:17 pm
Straw Man.

Im sorry SPBC, as usualy I have very little clue as to what you are trying to say.
I would start drinking, it might help
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure he writes the regs for Social Security.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:02 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Good to see you back SPBC.............................I think
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 5:43 pm
Dancing Queen

Susie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond reputeSusie Wong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I would start drinking, it might help
Nope. It doesn't.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Mitzyboy,

I know i put several points about the consequences of the clocks being so fast - the Comision Nacional doesn´t seem to keep up with them either!

The problem is just that a number of hazards in different situations have grown worse almost yearly since the 1974 restart of (officially) 2 hours fast on the clocks in summer - but always, since 1912, 1 hour fast in winter -( and 1 hour always for the years between 1949 and 1974 ). The latter raises the question: what made Franco stop the double summertime in 1950? - that happening during that time, we might never know!)

The solution suggested by the Commission (at the behest of Business, etc.) to abolish the Siesta will mean that Spanish workers outside will suffer the consequences of the damage to the protecting ozone layer in the upper atmosphere (No joke, that is supposed to reduce the intensity of the burning Sun radiation). The result will be a far greater epidemic of skin cancer above that already described for Malaga by Dr E, Herrera. That overall result will definitely make Spain number one in Europe - if not elsewhere!

That will be enough to reduce the numbers of sunbathing visitors in the off-season of the year (most of the year!) so that many of the beach hotels will have to close - and it has nothing to do with the financial crisis.

Incidentally, the result of the campaign, if successful, will do nothing to make the peak Sun period any earlier than the average 2:30 pm on the clocks - the time i suggest brits and others should break for lunch (after all, that is twelve o´clock in realtime, with the Sun precisely overhead !
(Mad dogs of briish men go out in the high noon sun!).

I have stressed this now because in the next 3 months there is to be a very rare occasion - when it is admitted that something is wrong with the time system in Spain (and France and the Canaries - but not in Portugal - with normal time on its clocks!).

Hope that helps,

Regards.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
I am sure he writes the regs for Social Security.
Hi jdr,

Not a bad guess - i always wrote obscure "monthly reports" for the work i was doing on the sensitivity of the light sensitive parts of Rank Xerox photocopier research machines!
As I mentioned to Mitzyboy, it is the problem of much more hazardous happenings in Spain that I have discovered since my first report to the Commission in January, 2006. (No fat toddlers in the news - and not so much, it seems, about terrible statistics in Spain for accidents to Construction Site workers - and I didn´t have the "benefit" of the just as bad statistics for skin cancer in foreign residents reported in Malaga in the last two years!).

Regards.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.