Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Smoking ban AGAIN!!!

Smoking ban AGAIN!!!

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:17 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoking ban AGAIN!!!

A smoking ban in Spain will have negligible effect on a bar where most people sit outside anyway.

Only for about 4 months of the year.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty sure in a hundred years from now our great great great grandchildren will wonder what the hell we were thinking sucking on a stick of cancer...
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:02 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I'm pretty sure in a hundred years from now our great great great grandchildren will wonder what the hell we were thinking sucking on a stick of cancer...
I would imagine that if the human race is still around by then, our great, great, great grandchildren will be buying fags along side their heroin/crack cocaine/alcohol/whatever fix from whatever dealers are around!

Jo xxx
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:13 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
I would imagine that if the human race is still around by then, our great, great, great grandchildren will be buying fags along side their heroin/crack cocaine/alcohol/whatever fix from whatever dealers are around!

Jo xxx
Lets hope not eh?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:32 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

There always have been and always will be mind-altering substances. Nicotine is probably the mildest one and alcohol is near to the top of the most destructive ones. Chocolate is in the middle somewhere, along with Big Macs and Cornish Pasties.

We need pleasure in our lives, and the people that don’t find it just whither away, having jogged every day and eaten mountains of salads, having sat in Churches with their heads bowed, having voted Conservative and shaken their fists at Sun readers.

When I see some of those pinched faces anxiously looking around to see if someone is smoking in their vicinity, I feel like helping them out and sticking a fag in their mouths to make them relax and savour their surroundings. To help them enjoy life.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:49 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently sugar is one of the most addictive substances there is and causes some of the worst side effects! When I first heard that I thought what rubbish, but when you think about the state and health of the western world, it does make you think........???

Jo xxx
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:30 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

What about all that Gin and Absinthe they used to drink in Victorian times. They were quite fond of opium too.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:35 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I spoke to a couple of Spanish bar owners the last time the threat of a smoking ban was around and they both said that they'd ignore it, but if pushed they'd close their bars and only let in those who wanted to come in??! Something like that. If its not open to the public, its not considered a public place and therefore the rules dont apply.

I work in an English Cafe and we're no smoking inside. I've been there for two weeks and so far I've had no less than six groups of Spanish people coming in, asking if they can smoke inside, when I've said sorry no, they've walked out again! For the life of me I cant understand what all the fuss is about either way! Altho I think freedom of choice is being taken away, the government should get on with sorting out their financial messes and stop worrying about something as insignificant as smoking! More people die, are injured or maimed by alcohol than fags

jo xx
I frequent a large Spanish bar near to where I live. It has a massive tapas selection, most of it prepared on the premises, they bake their own bread too, and they have a separate section for non-smokers. I’ve never seen anyone in it.

Not far away is a typical English bar. It’s tiny, but since they sell food, it’s non-smoking. It’s a freezer/microwave operation, a pastie and chips kind of thing. Needless to say, they’ve gone skint and are trying to sell up.

I’m not running a campaign for smokers, but I occasionally like a cigar after a meal or a special occasion, Live and let live, that’s what I say.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:46 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
I'd like a smoking ban in people's own homes too, especially if they live in flats.

Our neighbours smoke and it wafts in though the window into our flat and makes the communal areas smell awful. It's like they are invading our space. Everytime we get a waft of smoke now we shout out "!guarros, puercos, cómo pesten los feos!". It's our little bit of childish revenge

Oh and those neighbours are English so there's no chance of them understanding
That "pesten" might confuse the Spanish too.

How on earth can you ban what people do in their own homes?

What next the thought police..............
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:49 pm
Straw Man.

Apparently sugar is one of the most addictive substances there is and causes some of the worst side effects! When I first heard that I thought what rubbish, but when you think about the state and health of the western world, it does make you think........???

Jo xxx
Smoking kills Jo... I know you have a problem with this FACT but smoking kills... I have a mother with terminal emphysema and so far she has had 5 consultants all telling her the same thing.... smoking kills.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 8:56 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Smoking kills Jo... I know you have a problem with this FACT but smoking kills... I have a mother with terminal emphysema and so far she has had 5 consultants all telling her the same thing.... smoking kills.
But will the human race ever learn?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:00 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by JLFS
But will the human race ever learn?
Not sure... do we ever?

Less than 60 years after the Holocaust we allow the terror of the Genocide in Rwanda/Kosovo/ West Africa in general....

Thats why I said, in 100 years our descendants will look back and be amazed that we did what we did!

Oh and I owe you something, I shall go and search it out.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:01 pm
Banned

Not sure... do we ever?

Less than 60 years after the Holocaust we allow the terror of the Genocide in Rwanda/Kosovo/ West Africa in general....

Thats why I said, in 100 years our descendants will look back and be amazed that we did what we did!

Oh and I owe you something, I shall go and search it out.

Wow I am very curious now, is it a picture of something tasty with her kit off?
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:03 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by JLFS
Wow I am very curious now, is it a picture of something tasty with her kit off?
Yeah... not sure you have EVER seen a picture of me with my kit on... so don't get too excited!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 9:05 pm
Banned

Yeah... not sure you have EVER seen a picture of me with my kit on... so don't get too excited!

OK Ill try to control myself..........................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.