Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Smoking ban AGAIN!!!

Smoking ban AGAIN!!!

Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:22 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoking ban AGAIN!!!

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Man celebrates 100th birthday with cigar.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-birthday.html
I know someone here on the Moor who gets in his car, night after night, after sinking several pints of beer... he is still alive, never hit anyone, never had a crash.... ergo... must be fine to drink drive right?
Old Sep 25th 2010, 12:54 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I know someone here on the Moor who gets in his car, night after night, after sinking several pints of beer... he is still alive, never hit anyone, never had a crash.... ergo... must be fine to drink drive right?
Likely nothing there to crash into, apart from the odd nice cosy ditch in which to spend the night.
He probably does ok with roadkill though, and maybe even the odd fat lamb or two as a bonus.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Dont forget the dartmoor ponies. A regular occurrance.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 1:56 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Dont forget the dartmoor ponies. A regular occurrance.
Hmm,very partial to a bit of horsemeat.
Don't know why these horsey types always get their knickers in a twist.
Horses should just be regarded as due the same standard of animal welfare as other animals.
However they seem to take exception to having their horses put to good use on somebodies dinner plate.

Now what's all this got to do with smoking ?

I blame Matt for drifting off topic,...again. lol.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Look I have lived on Dartmoor.

Too many ponies and indeed their babies die regularly on dartmoor through reckless driving.

Yes, other animals also but some are too small to be noticed.

Its a comment thats all.

Dont get YOUR knickers in a twist.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Back to the smoking topic.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:29 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I’ve had occasions to visit the livestock markets in North Devon and always wondered how the gypsy traders from Plymouth got away with it. They would drive across the moor early in the morning and load at least one Dartmoor pony on to their vans.

A few hours later the animals would be sold to the slaughterhouse bidders at the markets and the gypsies would be on the piss in the local pubs.

Everyone knew what was going on and nobody did anything about it.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 3:31 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I love how NO ONE is even bothering with the thread title now!
Old Sep 25th 2010, 5:51 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paintermujer
Look I have lived on Dartmoor.

Too many ponies and indeed their babies die regularly on dartmoor through reckless driving.

Yes, other animals also but some are too small to be noticed.

Its a comment thats all.

Dont get YOUR knickers in a twist.

Bloody ponies, and if they insist on driving recklessly take the car off them.
And with their foals on board - terrible.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 6:06 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by HBG
I’ve had occasions to visit the livestock markets in North Devon and always wondered how the gypsy traders from Plymouth got away with it. They would drive across the moor early in the morning and load at least one Dartmoor pony on to their vans.

A few hours later the animals would be sold to the slaughterhouse bidders at the markets and the gypsies would be on the piss in the local pubs.

Everyone knew what was going on and nobody did anything about it.
Just to keep on topic maybe the ponies all live on Dartmoor because it's one of the few unpolluted smoke-free zones left in the country.

Do they not do a regular round-up and mark or tatoo all these ponies ?
If not it would make life easy for the Gypsies, they probably have one or two stashed away in the freezer as well.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

sensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud ofsensationalfrog has much to be proud of

i had a pub on the edge of dartmoor for 5 years,allways had a couple of dead ponies in the freezer for the steak and kidney pie,and the carvery bit was cheap to stock thanks to the dead sheep i got
anyway off for a fag and i aint a poof
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:39 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by sensationalfrog
i had a pub on the edge of dartmoor for 5 years,allways had a couple of dead ponies in the freezer for the steak and kidney pie,and the carvery bit was cheap to stock thanks to the dead sheep i got
anyway off for a fag and i aint a poof
Which one?

Oh and well done everyone for getting this moved!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 1:48 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.costa-news.com/index.php?...=6081&Itemid=1

Looks like it's coming soon...

Tougher law coming

The Spanish government is in fact currently in the process of developing a reform to the 2006 anti-smoking law that is expected to establish a much more comprehensive ban than the existing legislation. Officials say they plan to have the reform approved by the end of this year so it can take effect at the beginning of 2011.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 5:21 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta admit, I'm a lot happier with less smoke coming my way.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 9:26 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by jimenato
Yes, so is Christmas.

Problem is that many of those preparing the legislation in Spain are smokers themselves,so aren't very enthusiastic about either passing or enforcing it, as in Valencia when the first legislation was supposed to come into force.

I will only believe it when it actually happens and is properly enforced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.