Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Smoking ban AGAIN!!!

Smoking ban AGAIN!!!

Old Oct 20th 2010, 6:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoking ban AGAIN!!!

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yes, so is Christmas.

Problem is that many of those preparing the legislation in Spain are smokers themselves,so aren't very enthusiastic about either passing or enforcing it, as in Valencia when the first legislation was supposed to come into force.

I will only believe it when it actually happens and is properly enforced.
That will be the problem
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:36 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I cant see it happening in the bars around me - we're in the campo and they take very little notice of European rulings - or any other rules come to that??!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:48 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Yay! About bloody time too... lets hope this filthy habit is finally put to bed, any twat who thinks sucking carcinogenic fumes into their lungs is cool kind of needs to be taken out of the gene pool anyway...
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:50 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yay! About bloody time too... lets hope this filthy habit is finally put to bed, any twat who thinks sucking carcinogenic fumes into their lungs is cool kind of needs to be taken out of the gene pool anyway...
Calm down dear remember your blood pressure
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:53 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JnK
Calm down dear remember your blood pressure
How can I forget it? All these years of passive smoking in pubs has given me high blood pressure.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:54 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

There are far more dangerous filthy habits that Brussels should be concentrating on dont you think??? What surprises me is the number of elderly smokers who like to go to a bar and have a ciggie and a drink - in Spain, some of these old chaps have been toddling along to the bar for years. In the streets, cafes, you see lots of elderly folk puffing away! surely that in itself is a sign as to how bad smoking is??? NOT! surely they'd all be dead if smoking kills.

I know so many people who have or who have died from cancer - they werent all smokers. I also know lots of people who havent got cancer and they're not all non smokers.

I agree its not a pleasant habit, but freedom of choice is being taken away, not only from the people, but the bar owners, which isnt right in a democracy

Theres a hidden agenda somewhere in all this!

Jo xxx
Old Oct 20th 2010, 7:56 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
There are far more dangerous filthy habits that Brussels should be concentrating on dont you think??? What surprises me is the number of elderly smokers who like to go to a bar and have a ciggie and a drink - in Spain, some of these old chaps have been toddling along to the bar for years. In the streets, cafes, you see lots of elderly folk puffing away! surely that in itself is a sign as to how bad smoking is??? NOT! surely they'd all be dead if smoking kills.

I know so many people who have or who have died from cancer - they werent all smokers. I also know lots of people who havent got cancer and they're not all non smokers.

I agree its not a pleasant habit, but freedom of choice is being taken away, not only from the people, but the bar owners, which isnt right in a democracy

Theres a hidden agenda somewhere in all this!

Jo xxx
I love the way that despite the obvious SCIENTIFIC evidence showing how bad smoking is you defiantly defend the industry... its quite sweet Jo.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

How can I forget it? All these years of passive smoking in pubs has given me high blood pressure.
Time for a change of avatar Matt

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...=1600&bih=1006
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:04 am
squeaky clean

I love the way that despite the obvious SCIENTIFIC evidence showing how bad smoking is you defiantly defend the industry... its quite sweet Jo.

Yes well I worked in the scientific industry, I know how it works!! Correlation! Smoking "MAY" cause cancer and heart disease, so every person who dies from those illnesses who happens a smoker becomes a statistic and dies thru smoking! No real proof, they just tick the box and hey presto - PROOF!

As the so called scientists I worked with used, "we could prove scientifically that putting umbrellas up causes it to rain!"

Jo xxx
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:05 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Even more reason to hate the twat!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:07 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
Yes well I worked in the scientific industry, I know how it works!! Correlation! Smoking "MAY" cause cancer and heart disease, so every person who dies from those illnesses who happens a smoker becomes a statistic and dies thru smoking! No real proof, they just tick the box and hey presto - PROOF!

As the so called scientists I worked with used, "we could prove scientifically that putting umbrellas up causes it to rain!"

Jo xxx
So the doctor was wrong when he said my mums terminal emphysema was because of her smoking? I'll let her know, it will be comforting to her... oh and she is not the only person I know with emphysema caused by smoking... or so they say.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:16 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

JnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of lightJnK is a glorious beacon of light

... and probably liver disease too then!!!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:17 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by JnK
... and probably liver disease too then!!!
I don't partake... tee total you know.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:21 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=jojojojojo;8930282]There are far more dangerous filthy habits that Brussels should be concentrating on dont you think??? What surprises me is the number of elderly smokers who like to go to a bar and have a ciggie and a drink - in Spain, some of these old chaps have been toddling along to the bar for years. In the streets, cafes, you see lots of elderly folk puffing away! surely that in itself is a sign as to how bad smoking is??? NOT! surely they'd all be dead if smoking kills.

My mum was an alcoholic smoker and neither of those things killed her ... and she lived to 77, developed skin cancer (sun-related not smoke or alcohol), fell and broke her hip, and basically killed herself by refusing treatment (and who could blame her). So I agree Jo, there are far worse things happening all over the world to get uptight about.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 8:22 am
JnK
BE Enthusiast

I think she's defending the right to freedom of choice and speech, just like you are exercising yours now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.