Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair/Easyjet

Ryanair/Easyjet

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:04 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Ryanair/Easyjet

That's a common sense thing. Look at the size of the overhead lockers. A bag the right size fits sensibly in whereas a bigger bag won't. Too many bags, or too big and they won't be able to fit them all in. I've seen stewardesses have quite a job to fit in all the bags as it is.

Plus if the bag is too heavy, it can be a problem lifting them in and out.

To be honest, there really aren't grey areas. You didn't have to go, you could have stayed behind. Personally, in your shoes I would have been damn grateful to get a flight at such short notice.

Ryan does what it says on the tin. I have been damn grateful over the past year when money has been really tight to get cheap, reliable flights.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 6:45 pm
lic
Forum Regular

lic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nicelic is just really nice
Default Re: Ryanair/Easyjet

Just booked a return trip, me and the mrs. £12 all in, with ryanair. £3 a seat, not bad, and I will have the correct sized bag.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:21 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I fly with them a lot and I always see people with oversized bags and it annoys me because we try to keep within the size limits.

But the last time we came back from Birmingham there was a guy on the gate making people put their bags into the "box", and there were quite a few people being caught out, and one woman was almost sitting on her case trying to get it in

Oops, I didn't really make it clear in my post - the bag to which I was referring to as suddenly being deemed 'oversize' was my bag to go in the hold for which I'd already paid £15 online - not my cabin bag

Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:41 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Que?

I have taken cardboard boxes 6 feet long, and no-one has batted an eye.

How big was it?
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bil
Que?

I have taken cardboard boxes 6 feet long, and no-one has batted an eye.

How big was it?
Exactly the same size as it was when I left with it from Granada airport on Ryanair 7 days previously

To make matters worse - when I got to the 'out of size' desk, the clerk hadn't completed his quota of bags to examine that day, so I had to stand by as he unloaded my supply of sausages, bacon, pork pies, slabs of cheddar, Christmas puds etc. etc

Last edited by lunacrout; Nov 3rd 2009 at 8:36 pm.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

And whilst clarification's the order of the day, I did say but perhaps not clearly enough, I didn't mean bigger by volume, I meant the same size by volume but different shape....... and I wasn't complaining, yes I got back which is the main thing, and I had the right sized bag(s ... nipper has one too, but much smaller hence my cogitations) doesn't stop the brain ticking over, though