Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair/Easyjet

Ryanair/Easyjet

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair/Easyjet

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
He used his airtime to remind Boeing that if he doesnt sort a deal with them soon for his next hundred aircraft, he will be looking elsewhere.
Well Airbus didn't succumb to his bullying last time, they reckoned no way could they sell him aircraft at the price he was offering. Perhaps he could try Aeroflot, they have a good safety record!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:33 am
Banned

Tele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the roughTele Addict is a jewel in the rough

Most noticeable thing with every Ryanair flight I've been on is how hard they get on the brakes on landing, and that they always turn off at the first exit. I wonder if this is company policy to save a bit of time.

Also last time my mum came she didn't fly with Ryanair. The aircraft was loaded with passengers and then they had to wait over two hours on the tarmac at Luton while a mechanic came by taxi from Gatwick so he could board that plane to fly to Spain to repair a stranded aircraft. Obviously the company thought it was more important to save the price of a flight from Gatwick than worry about the delay to 150 passengers.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Yep ezy are leaving east midlands.

I prefer ryanair's queue management. You present your boarding card and are let out onto the tarmac one by one.

Ezy (at Luton) take your boarding card. Corral you all into a departure lounge and then release the whole load of you onto the tarmac. Much more chaotic than Ryanair.

Punctuality wise ryanair are the best airline in europe. But then they pad out the flight times - but so do all the others.

BA couldn't run a p*ss up in a brewery and will be out of business unless their crews take a 50% pay cut. Even then they're beginning to copy uncle mick.

Basically its only the budget airlines that'll survive. No one now is prepared to pay premium prices for short haul. The bufget boys have turned it into a bus service and there's no going back.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

If you travel ryanair Liverpool to Seville during the winter and see someone stand up and rush for the door immediately the plane stops at Seville. That will be me.
I usually have 20-30mins max to get off the plane, out of the airport, jump in a cab and get to the bus station for the last bus home.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by big wheels
If you travel ryanair Liverpool to Seville during the winter and see someone stand up and rush for the door immediately the plane stops at Seville. That will be me.
I usually have 20-30mins max to get off the plane, out of the airport, jump in a cab and get to the bus station for the last bus home.
you can take all the time you want now ryanair stopped flying liverpool to seville friday wont come back till next april
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

sanrod will become famous soon enoughsanrod will become famous soon enough

Someone said ''Ezy (at Luton) take your boarding card. Corral you all into a departure lounge and then release the whole load of you onto the tarmac. Much more chaotic than Ryanair''.

As i said before we have flown with easy jet for 6 years.
They DO NOT release the whole load onto the tarmac! Health and safety rules wouldn't allow it!

You sit in the lounge (luton) once they have taken your card, then when your flight comes up on the screen, you queue at the boarding reception, then they call you through ONE AT A TIME to check your passport etc, then you queue up by the main door ready for them to open the main doors , then they let you out a section at a time starting with speedy boarding. You then procede to the plane in an orderly fashion. I have NEVER saw them let EVERYONE out at once to charge on the runway. Why do people have to exaggerate on these forums so much! Its enough to turn anyone off flying with easy jet, which in fact are quite organised. Also as i said before, i have flown ONCE with Ryanair and never again, now that WAS a stampede!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sanrod
Also as i said before, i have flown ONCE with Ryanair and never again, now that WAS a stampede!
A stampede? I think you are exaggerating!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sanrod
Someone said ''Ezy (at Luton) take your boarding card. Corral you all into a departure lounge and then release the whole load of you onto the tarmac. Much more chaotic than Ryanair''.

As i said before we have flown with easy jet for 6 years.
They DO NOT release the whole load onto the tarmac! Health and safety rules wouldn't allow it!

You sit in the lounge (luton) once they have taken your card, then when your flight comes up on the screen, you queue at the boarding reception, then they call you through ONE AT A TIME to check your passport etc, then you queue up by the main door ready for them to open the main doors , then they let you out a section at a time starting with speedy boarding. You then procede to the plane in an orderly fashion. I have NEVER saw them let EVERYONE out at once to charge on the runway. Why do people have to exaggerate on these forums so much! Its enough to turn anyone off flying with easy jet, which in fact are quite organised. Also as i said before, i have flown ONCE with Ryanair and never again, now that WAS a stampede!
OK i'll make it simple. After they've inspected passport and boarding card, They get you all in the lounge and then release people on to the tarmac. By section. You do not show your boarding card again until you are on the plane. They let the whole load of people out at the same time

ryanair open their gate 30 minutes before boarding, check your boarding card and you go to the plane. Over a period of twenty minutes not five like ezy. that's all.

I like 'em both, just prefer the ryanair boarding system. If you've flown both you'll have seen the difference.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by agoreira
A stampede? I think you are exaggerating!
No, it WAS a stampede, you had pushing and shoving, i couldn't believe it.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
OK i'll make it simple. After they've inspected passport and boarding card, They get you all in the lounge and then release people on to the tarmac. By section. You do not show your boarding card again until you are on the plane. They let the whole load of people out at the same time

ryanair open their gate 30 minutes before boarding, check your boarding card and you go to the plane. Over a period of twenty minutes not five like ezy. that's all.

I like 'em both, just prefer the ryanair boarding system. If you've flown both you'll have seen the difference.
Yes i have, and thats why i prefer easy jet.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yep ezy are fine. Just not as punctual - and curiously refuse to reveal their punctuality stats.

Oh, and for us Luton (ezy) long stay parking costs about £100 for 25 days and Birmingham (ryanair) costs about £50 for 25 days.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
Yep ezy are fine. Just not as punctual - and curiously refuse to reveal their punctuality stats.

Oh, and for us Luton (ezy) long stay parking costs about £100 for 25 days and Birmingham (ryanair) costs about £50 for 25 days.

Strange!! Because its freely available to me on the internet!
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=frigilianafreddy;8064663]Yep ezy are fine. Just not as punctual - and curiously refuse to reveal their punctuality stats.

Here they are...............freely available.

http://www.flightontime.info/loco/airlines/ezy09.html

http://www.flightontime.info/loco/airlines/ryr09.html
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 5:54 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Why is he a pikey?
If you look up the meaning of Pikey and Mr O'Leary there explinations show very similar traits.

And I was being sarcastic.

But a Pikey may well do this;

"In 2004 he purchased a hackney plate for his Mercedes-Benz to enable it to be classified as a taxi so that he could legally make use of Dublin's bus lanes to speed his car journeys around the city.[29] A press report suggested that he was stopped driving his own taxi. In 2005 the transport minister of the Republic of Ireland expressed concern at this abuse by O'Leary and others"

So I guess he`s a clever pikey.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

EasyJet E Mids - I thought it was just they 'might' be quitting but wasn't yet finalised?
EZY vs Ryanair - hate Ryanair´s website, hate that their prices aren't as obvious as Ezyś when you click on your flight choice. Boarding policy - well I travelled Ryanair for the first time in yonks yesterday & didn't realise the system so was quite late on plane however yes I think it reduced the crush.... O'Leary is (nearly) a good enough reason for me to avoid Ryanair, flight times (I mean timetable) slightly better sometimes.
As for punctuality - anyone ever considered it might be that Ryanair factors extra time into their timetables so their figures look good? Ezy & Ryanair have flights departing within minutes of each other from E Mids & all bar one in the past goodness knows how many Ryanair has arrived at Malaga first. Given that speed uses more fuel, will they actually have gone faster to be a better journey time? I think not!
Ref waiting when leaving the plane....there'll be me & very blonde 7yo son too, watch out for us sitting back looking smug!

Oh, and yes E Mids does go Malaga, both Ryanair and EasyJet, as I´ve just said!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.