Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair/Easyjet

Ryanair/Easyjet

Old Nov 1st 2009, 2:32 pm
Just Joined

hellsrogers will become famous soon enoughhellsrogers will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ryanair/Easyjet

I have used all three.

Monarch expect us to pay extra to do the jobs their staff should be doing in allocating passenger seats ????

Ryanair just charge for everything .....will be charged for seat belts soon!!!!

To be fair to Easyjet service is basic but they have always been on time.

Ryanair comes a definite third choice for me with the other two being much on a par
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:42 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
I don`t understand peoples need to rush when travelling.

They crowd around the gate, starting there own little queue, too which I usually start another slightly over, I love it when they look and once someone stated there is a queue here.

Too which I replied yes there is, but is it an official one.

Then they rush too the plane. Stand in the aisle.

Then they rush off the plane too baggage reclaim.

Body language showing obvious anger towards the stationary belt.

Its very funny, I bet there is hours of CCTV footage that could be aired on TV showing airport travellers and there qwirky ways.
Quite agree,yours is the view of a seasoned traveller looking at occasional travellers,who never seem to learn.
No one gets anywhere any faster for all the huslle and bussle when boarding and the rugby scrums to get off.
Best relax in a comfy seat and join the queue when last two or three are at the exit point.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 5:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Quite agree,yours is the view of a seasoned traveller looking at occasional travellers,who never seem to learn.
No one gets anywhere any faster for all the huslle and bussle when boarding and the rugby scrums to get off.
Best relax in a comfy seat and join the queue when last two or three are at the exit point.
I usually join the airport at that stage especially coming back from Alicante
Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:41 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I missed out the end of the flight, as the plane just stops.

And charge, everybody is up on there feet, into the aisle to grab the bags and then, its the anti-climax, the sudden realization that although you now have your bags, coats and excited kids, there is the 5 minutes wait for Manuel to bring the stairs to the plane, so your left clinging onto your possesions, in a semi upright stance with a look somewhere between anxiety and panic.

If your ever on a flight and see a gentleman, well dressed , sat down and still reading, its probably me.

Last edited by chulo; Nov 1st 2009 at 6:45 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2009, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

sanrod will become famous soon enoughsanrod will become famous soon enough

We have used Easy Jet for about 6 years now, taking up to 6 flights a year. We always buy speedy boarding, as we prefer to get the front seats which give us more leg room. We have had no hassles with them as yet. I can't actually remember any of our flights being delayed. BUT!! Our flight for 4 weeks time has just had the return flight cancelled from Malaga, they are now only returning on fridays saturdays and sundays, ours was booked for a midweek return. So that was a bit of a rush and cost us more to rebook to go from another airport.
Regarding what someone said about speeding boarding quote:
'' Have you noticed how many people opt for priority boarding now? When they call for speedy boarders half the people waiting in the lounge surge forwards to the counter'' unquote.
In fact, Easy Jet only allow for TWENTY people to opt for speeding Boarding, so i can't see how 'half the people waiting' can have speedy boarding, unless theres only 40 people on the plane which i very much doubt.

We travelled ONCE with Ryanair and would never go with them again, it was like being in a cattle market, no organisation whatsoever.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 2:55 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

I don`t understand peoples need to rush when travelling.

They crowd around the gate, starting there own little queue, too which I usually start another slightly over, I love it when they look and once someone stated there is a queue here.

Too which I replied yes there is, but is it an official one.

Then they rush too the plane. Stand in the aisle.

Then they rush off the plane too baggage reclaim.

Body language showing obvious anger towards the stationary belt.

Its very funny, I bet there is hours of CCTV footage that could be aired on TV showing airport travellers and there qwirky ways.
I missed out the end of the flight, as the plane just stops.

And charge, everybody is up on there feet, into the aisle to grab the bags and then, its the anti-climax, the sudden realization that although you now have your bags, coats and excited kids, there is the 5 minutes wait for Manuel to bring the stairs to the plane, so your left clinging onto your possesions, in a semi upright stance with a look somewhere between anxiety and panic.

If your ever on a flight and see a gentleman, well dressed , sat down and still reading, its probably me.
And the lady sitting opposite is me

What you are saying Chulo is so true. In fact I just finished writing an article for a hub page tonight in which I wrote some of the exact same points that you made - especially about boarding & disembarking! Plus the outrageous ÂŁ40 that Ryanair charge if you forget (as I did ) to bring your boarding card!!

If you follow the link in my signature it'll take you to the other article I wrote about the weather in Costa del Sol, & you can access it from there.
(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Nov 3rd 2009 at 11:26 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 8:15 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I just visited the site, photos look great even in bad weather.

Were lookin for a place that can offer that amount of variety in the seasons, the sun is great but I feel we`d be struggling in heat all year around.

We had been lookin towards central Spain, Madrid region, but what we`ve learn`t about the weather has put us off.

Didn`t really give Southern Spain much of a thought, until now.

I think we may start to look into that region.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:09 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Its a case of finding the best weather balance you can, as nowhere is perfect. I am about 25km inland from Valencia on a slightly elevated site which suits me fine,also very green and pretty.Get snow very close by, but only once here.Go too far inland and its only 2 seasons,furnace or icebox.
Now next post I shall return to topic.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:23 am
On the road again.

Just seen O Leary on the news doing his usual PR stunts.
Ryanair just had a huge profit increase, but dont expect the next return to be so good.
He used his airtime to remind Boeing that if he doesnt sort a deal with them soon for his next hundred aircraft, he will be looking elsewhere.
Also casually mentioned that they will soon be the Worlds Biggest airline and will then start putting more emphasis on quality rather than quantity.

In other words,I think he probably meant that once Ryanair start to monopolise the airline business, punters will have to start digging much deeper in their pockets.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:47 am
Banned

I`d never trust a company run by a pikey.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:49 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I`d never trust a company run by a pikey.
Why is he a pikey?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Must be something odd going on. Ryanair announcing big profits, and BA going to announce big losses this week and having UNITE (what a strange name for a Union that wants to cripple BA) discussing with mass meetings of Cabin staff ideas for making passengers shun BA over Christmas holidays. And BA trying to merge with IBERIA.

I wonder if Mr O'Leary knows something about running a business?
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:11 am
Just Joined

Sparky1199 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ryanair/Easyjet

Generally all the low cost bunch are the same...cheap, not so cheerful but handy for us expats!

I have to say though that i think everyone is missing a trick (well those that use northern & Midlands airports (I us east midlands). Jet2 have the best bagage allowance and the friendliest flight times not to mention their loyalty scheme...i book for all my friends and family and they give ME the points!!!!! I get about 3 free flights a year.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:43 am
Account Closed

I just visited the site, photos look great even in bad weather.

Were lookin for a place that can offer that amount of variety in the seasons, the sun is great but I feel we`d be struggling in heat all year around.

We had been lookin towards central Spain, Madrid region, but what we`ve learn`t about the weather has put us off.

Didn`t really give Southern Spain much of a thought, until now.

I think we may start to look into that region.
Well, as I said in the article, we're not right on the coast but about 40 mins inland and at quite a high altitude which, I think, accounts for the weather variations - It's certainly not dull. (That's our peach orchard in the first photo BTW, they were OK but we lost our mangoes )

I spoke to my husband a little while ago and he said it's actually feeling a bit wintry today for the first time. If you check out the link to the Cantueso webcam on the page you can see a good live photo looking down to the coast at Torre del Mar with Lake Vinuela in between - couldn't see the lake this morning due to cloud but it may have cleared now

PM me if you want any more info on the area - don't want to go off topic

Old Nov 2nd 2009, 10:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sparky1199
Generally all the low cost bunch are the same...cheap, not so cheerful but handy for us expats!

I have to say though that i think everyone is missing a trick (well those that use northern & Midlands airports (I us east midlands). Jet2 have the best bagage allowance and the friendliest flight times not to mention their loyalty scheme...i book for all my friends and family and they give ME the points!!!!! I get about 3 free flights a year.
I'm going to have a look at them - I'm East Mids too - but I bet they don't fly into Malaga or Granada!

I also heard that easyjet are pulling out of East Mids - does anyone know if that's true?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.