Gibraltar

Old Feb 20th 2014, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

two tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond reputetwo tubes of toothpaste has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Originally Posted by EMR
What a great idea ,maybe all those who think in a certain way should migrate to Gib and live in a version of the UK that would make them feel happier and secure.
Actually, I quite fancy the idea of going over and living there myself, but the Bennys will keep winding up the Spanish, and one day some Spanish fishermen are going to get machine-gunned in Gibraltar waters and a gaggle of the 1st Alicante Light Horse's tanks are going to come screaming down the isthmus and I will be living in another country.

And I'm not sure my Ipad will work in Spain.

Old Feb 20th 2014, 8:11 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by two tubes of toothpaste
Actually, I quite fancy the idea of going over and living there myself, but the Bennys will keep winding up the Spanish, and one day some Spanish fishermen are going to get machine-gunned in Gibraltar waters and a gaggle of the 1st Alicante Light Horse's tanks are going to come screaming down the isthmus and I will be living in another country.

And I'm not sure my Ipad will work in Spain.

Afraid it's the G.C you need to worry about.

They don't just limit their target practice to helpless N.Africans swimming for their lives.

The occasional recreational jet skier in Gib harbour comes in for handy target practice as well.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...Gibraltar.html
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:07 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by two tubes of toothpaste
Red telephone boxes, no VAT, and fags at 1/9d a packet - like in Gibraltar now.
its all an urban myth
http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/n...ppier-now.html

and VAT replaced Purchase Tax - similar item different name
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:10 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

DD would you call them helpless N africans if they were caught in trucks at Dover.
While we all agree that the Spanish police over reacted any " sympathy " for the immigrants would end the moment they entered the UK.
Unless of course you are suggesting that the UK should provide assylum for them protecting them from Spanish abuse.
Maybe Gibraltar could give them a home !!!
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:15 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

N Africans sat in a truck in Dover can hardly be compared to being trapped in the sea.....you are aware 15 drowned in Dover they would be taken to the nearest hostel and given a meal, no going against human rights. Why not post this on the appropriate topic
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:16 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
DD would you call them helpless N africans if they were caught in trucks at Dover.
While we all agree that the Spanish police over reacted any " sympathy " for the immigrants would end the moment they entered the UK.
Unless of course you are suggesting that the UK should provide assylum for them protecting them from Spanish abuse.
Maybe Gibraltar could give them a home !!!

oh brilliant

Off (isn't there a button for this ??)

really shows in depth knowledge of the subject, perhaps you need to go into our library
although understand some of the apes have been deported for "behaviour unbecoming" so there may actually be a dozen or so vacancies

Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by jackytoo
N Africans sat in a truck in Dover can hardly be compared to being trapped in the sea.....you are aware 15 drowned in Dover they would be taken to the nearest hostel and given a meal, no going against human rights. Why not post this on the appropriate topic
no Jacky, it was all carried out by UKIP loving Muslim hating British Expats on a beer jaunt to the other side of the Pillars of Hercules.

Jeez you are right (OK I know its the second time in 2 years Ihave said that) but just recently we have seen a falling in standards in posts and staying on subject

Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:22 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
That ridiculous comparison has got to be in the running for the dumbest post of the year so far.

Talk about grasping at straws,

Absolutely pathetic.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 9:27 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by Domino
although understand some of the apes have been deported for "behaviour unbecoming" so there may actually be a dozen or so vacancies
Hell no,
I can just imagine the apes all jumping in the sea and swimming for their lives, rather than have something like that for company.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 10:16 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

You are all missing the point that we all condemn Spain for its actions but not one of you would give any time or room for these economic migrants should they have tried to get into the UK.
Just be honest for once.
Old Feb 21st 2014, 6:34 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
You are all missing the point that we all condemn Spain for its actions but not one of you would give any time or room for these economic migrants should they have tried to get into the UK.
Just be honest for once.
I will be the first to be honest, even thought I should not bother answering, because you are only trying to goad posters into making what you call 'racist' remarks.

I would not like the idea of the UK having to 'keep' every economic migrant that land on UK soil in a raft.!

But that does not mean that those entering should not be sent back to where they came from ASAP after being fed, watered and treated, where needed.

I put food out for the birds, it is meant for them alone, but some neighbouring cats often come to pinch the food.

When I see that, I shoo the cats away, but although I don't want the cats living in my garden, eating my food, I don't shoot them.

In normal logic, there is a big, big, big difference between not wanting to accept every economic migrant that lands on the shore, and trying to kill them.

exactly the same as the cat analogy, but of course we all know in advance that you will twist things around, as to appear ever so noble.

I don't want the cats, not black, brown, ginger or white.

why should I be saddled with them, they should be back with their owners, let their owners feed them and pay their vets fees.

Once again you 'cheapen' real suffering by comparing it to other 'crimes'.

As if any sensible person would liken being shot at while half drowning, to being denied residency, free heath care and benefits for life in the UK.

Last edited by me me; Feb 21st 2014 at 6:41 am.
Old Feb 21st 2014, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Three RN Ships lined up for weekend 'Sovereignty Patrols'

Three Royal Navy ships will be visiting the Naval Base this weekend for what the MoD has described as ‘sovereignty patrols’ in British Gibraltar Territorial Waters.

Earlier this week a Spanish Navy Warship interrupted a parachute exercise in the Strait, which instigated the latest set of Foreign Office complaints to Madrid.

HMS Westminster will be the first of three warships to arrive, after having spent a six month operational deployment in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf Region. Minehunter HMS Brocklesby will arrive on Saturday before heading out on a four-month deployment, and HMS Daring, a Type 45 Frigate, will arrive on Sunday.

http://www.gbc.gi/news/3277/three-rn...nty-patrols%27
Old Feb 21st 2014, 8:35 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

So the Fleets In the pubs will be busy.
Old Feb 21st 2014, 8:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
No its the UK of a few B******** eccentrics who would like the UK to be as it was in 1950. The rest of us 99.99% of the population actually feel sorry for them.
I don't know about the eccentric part but "B********" might be OK. At least there was capital punishment and a life sentence was almost that...
M
Old Feb 21st 2014, 10:17 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Just be honest for once.
... so we would shoot them in the water. Is that the way your logic goes?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.