Gibraltar 2

Old Feb 11th 2022, 9:40 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
But the problem that faces Gibraltar is the return of pallets that originated inside the EU

That the EU are blocking the return of.

I.E. their crap
Again, you can't see the wood for the trees here Fred!

Importers, exporters and politicians on Gibraltar failed to anticipate this problem and deal with it when they had a chance.

The pallets that are in Gibraltar are now of unknown origin as Gibraltar is now designated as a 3rd country.

Gibraltar can now use these for exports to other 3rd county nations.

Otherwise, I suggest Gibraltar has a huge bonfire made of crates as they appear to do in NI.

Old Feb 12th 2022, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Again, you can't see the wood for the trees here Fred!

Importers, exporters and politicians on Gibraltar failed to anticipate this problem and deal with it when they had a chance.

The pallets that are in Gibraltar are now of unknown origin as Gibraltar is now designated as a 3rd country.

Gibraltar can now use these for exports to other 3rd county nations.

Otherwise, I suggest Gibraltar has a huge bonfire made of crates as they appear to do in NI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2i6xpWmh-Q
The bonfire scenario had occurred to me

However Gibraltar only exports cigarettes and that trade is mostly controlled by Spaniards

I have also heard talk of not only Gib but also the UK reciprocating by implementing similar laws to those of the EU ( Not just pallests ) making them applicable to EU trade and citizens

Before anyone suggests that this could starve Gib of goods please remember Gib has withstood many sieges by Spain

The last being from 1969 to 1982 ( 13 years ) when there was a partial opening of the frontier followed in 1985 by a full opening.

I personally experienced 9 years of this latest siege.
Old Feb 12th 2022, 7:24 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

...The pallets that are in Gibraltar are now of unknown origin as Gibraltar is now designated as a 3rd country...
Quite.

And who knows what EU-origin pallets might have been rubbing slats with when stacked there.
Old Feb 12th 2022, 7:31 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

The bonfire scenario had occurred to me also.

I have also heard talk of not only Gib but also the UK reciprocating by implementing similar laws to those of the EU ( Not just pallests ) making them applicable to EU trade and citizens
Not sure if I understand the latter statement fully. So UK/Gib are considering introducing new requirement for pallets and other wooden goods? Do you have any links to press releases or articles relating to this?

Pragmatic solution is clearly a large bonfire!

But hey ho, if you want a trader war, I'm up for it.

More cutting off your nose, to spite you face medicine, by the sound of it from the UK.
Old Feb 12th 2022, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

growinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond reputegrowinspain has a reputation beyond repute

The bonfire scenario had occurred to me

However Gibraltar only exports cigarettes and that trade is mostly controlled by Spaniards

Before anyone suggests that this could starve Gib of goods please remember Gib has withstood many sieges by Spain

The last being from 1969 to 1982 ( 13 years ) when there was a partial opening of the frontier followed in 1985 by a full opening.

I personally experienced 9 years of this latest siege.
That so called "siege" happened when the UK was part of the EU. Different kettle of fish now which could be an end game for the "rock".

Maybe Putin would be interested in it and its unusable pallets.
Old Feb 13th 2022, 6:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by growinspain
That so called "siege" happened when the UK was part of the EU. Different kettle of fish now which could be an end game for the "rock".
Good advert for your beloved the EU
Old Feb 13th 2022, 10:45 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Good advert for your beloved the EU
Was Gib ever in the EU?
Old Feb 14th 2022, 5:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Was Gib ever in the EU?
My Gibraltar passport has EUROPEAN UNION written on the front

My Gibraltar driving licence has the twelve stars on the front

My Gibraltar ID card has the twelve stars on the front

Old Feb 14th 2022, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by growinspain
Blockade of a city or fortified place to compel it to surrender

The frontier was blockaded by armed Spainiards except for a few hours more recently when they stood aside to let their fishermen continue the blockade.

Gibraltar withstood that and with the help of Morroco and the UK we remained fed and watered.

Note Morroco not the EU.
Old Feb 14th 2022, 6:39 am
Polished expat

My Gibraltar passport has EUROPEAN UNION written on the front

My Gibraltar driving licence has the twelve stars on the front

My Gibraltar ID card has the twelve stars on the front
I expect you'll be able to keep some of those stars etc when Gibraltar's true status as a semi-autonomous region of Spain is formally established.
Old Feb 14th 2022, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric
I expect you'll be able to keep some of those stars etc when Gibraltar's true status as a semi-autonomous region of Spain is formally established.
If that happens then hopefully Spain will leave their enclaves in Morocco.
Old Feb 15th 2022, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by brits1
If that happens then hopefully Spain will leave their enclaves in Morocco.
What and loose their 12 mile fishing grounds around football pitch size pieces of land?
Old Feb 15th 2022, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not sure if I understand the latter statement fully. So UK/Gib are considering introducing new requirement for pallets and other wooden goods? Do you have any links to press releases or articles relating to this?.
In a NNO ( Non-Negotiated Outcome ) situation, this arrangement would not be secured. Therefore, in a NNO, the parties
would revert to the default position (i) under EU law with respect to controls on persons
entering Spain from Gibraltar and persons exiting Spain into Gibraltar; and (ii) under Gibraltar
law with respect to controls on persons entering Gibraltar from Spain and exiting Gibraltar
into Spain

Issued early Feb 2022
https://www.gbc.gi/uploads/uFBan_Guidance_to_Citizens_-_No_UK-EU_treaty_on_the_futu.pdf

Old Feb 16th 2022, 6:44 am
Polished expat

In a NNO ( Non-Negotiated Outcome ) situation, this arrangement would not be secured. Therefore, in a NNO, the parties
would revert to the default position (i) under EU law with respect to controls on persons
entering Spain from Gibraltar and persons exiting Spain into Gibraltar; and (ii) under Gibraltar
law with respect to controls on persons entering Gibraltar from Spain and exiting Gibraltar
into Spain

Issued early Feb 2022
https://www.gbc.gi/uploads/uFBan_Guidance_to_Citizens_-_No_UK-EU_treaty_on_the_futu.pdf

That - and the paragraphs which follow it - sound an absolutely ideal outcome for Gibraltar and Gibraltarians.

I bet they're delighted and eagerly awaiting this Brexit Dividend.
Old Feb 16th 2022, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We are readying our defences

The barrel of a 'counter-bombardment' 9.2inch gun used to defend the Rock until the 1950’s started its journey to a new home on Tuesday,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.