Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

the end of the euro in Spain

the end of the euro in Spain

Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:32 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the end of the euro in Spain

Here's a nice contrast between what others think, and then some of our own at the end.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...n-cameron-veto

I agree that it looks like 38 years down the drain.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched Danny Alexander on the Andrew Marr show, he was asked 4 times what Labour would have done in the same situation... he replied 4 times that they would have... "Done things differently..."

Well thats OK then.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Just watched Danny Alexander on the Andrew Marr show, he was asked 4 times what Labour would have done in the same situation... he replied 4 times that they would have... "Done things differently..."

Well thats OK then.
Only 4? Marr's obviously a lightweight compared to Paxo
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:46 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Well thats OK then.
I guess you mean "...what the LimpDems would have done"? mind you it's an answer I would expect from both of the OPPOSITION parties!
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:50 am
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Here's a nice contrast between what others think, and then some of our own at the end.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...n-cameron-veto

I agree that it looks like 38 years down the drain.
The media love to stir and sensationalize dont they lol! I think for the first time, for a long time the UK has done something strong and for itself! Its not worried about what the others think. We're not behaving like little frightened sheep at last, but standing up for ourselves. It makes me feel safe that our government is holding its head up and standing up for itself

Jo xxx
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:51 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well thats OK then.
Anything differently to what Cameron did would have been an improvement.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 8:51 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
I guess you mean "...what the LimpDems would have done"? mind you it's an answer I would expect from both of the OPPOSITION parties!
Yeah I meant to say Douglas Alexander... Should have been able to tell the difference considering the hair!
Old Dec 11th 2011, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Yeah I meant to say Douglas Alexander... Should have been able to tell the difference considering the hair!
Considering Clegg's and Cable's criticisms of the outcome their answer would have been the same anyway!
Old Dec 11th 2011, 9:40 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Anything differently to what Cameron did would have been an improvement.
Really? How mate? One of the things that Labour are trying to push as an agenda in Europe is tighter austerity measures and a crack down on overspending. So a Labour party in Britain is endorsing austerity measures in Europe far away from its own electorate, further proving that if Labour got back in they would be doing exactly the same thing that the Con-Dems are doing now.

My point about DOUGLAS Alexander is that after being asked 4 times the only answer he could give was that he would have done it different, well thats like the guy sat in the pub who shouts at the TV when Rooney misses the goal and says, "I wouldn't have kicked it like that!"

Labour had 13 years to "do it different" and all they did was do the same as everyone else.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

What with the hopeless Euro compared with that masterfully managed Pound Sterling, I bet the exchange rate must be about five for one. Let me just look it up.
Huuuh?
Old Dec 11th 2011, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

newpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond reputenewpower has a reputation beyond repute

Really? How mate? One of the things that Labour are trying to push as an agenda in Europe is tighter austerity measures and a crack down on overspending. So a Labour party in Britain is endorsing austerity measures in Europe far away from its own electorate, further proving that if Labour got back in they would be doing exactly the same thing that the Con-Dems are doing now.

My point about DOUGLAS Alexander is that after being asked 4 times the only answer he could give was that he would have done it different, well thats like the guy sat in the pub who shouts at the TV when Rooney misses the goal and says, "I wouldn't have kicked it like that!"

Labour had 13 years to "do it different" and all they did was do the same as everyone else.
Funny, but you sound just like that bloke sat in the pub who shouts.
Old Dec 11th 2011, 10:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
The media love to stir and sensationalize dont they lol! I think for the first time, for a long time the UK has done something strong and for itself! Its not worried about what the others think. We're not behaving like little frightened sheep at last, but standing up for ourselves. It makes me feel safe that our government is holding its head up and standing up for itself

Jo xxx
Given that you live and bring your kids up in Spain then actually what the Spanish government do has far more consequencies to you than what the UK government do

And if the UK do completely isolate themselves from Europe then you very well may find your life in Spain cut short
Old Dec 11th 2011, 10:33 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Given that you live and bring your kids up in Spain then actually what the Spanish government do has far more consequencies to you than what the UK government do

And if the UK do completely isolate themselves from Europe then you very well may find your life in Spain cut short
I am not sure but I think that you will find that Jo has moved to the UK for a while.

Rosemary
Old Dec 11th 2011, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I am not sure but I think that you will find that Jo has moved to the UK for a while.

Rosemary
Oops, sorry Jo!
Old Dec 11th 2011, 10:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Oops, sorry Jo!
She is a kind soul so I am sure that she will forgive you, and I may be wrong because she may have returned to Spain again.

Rosemary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.