Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

electric in pago

electric in pago

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: electric in pago

Originally Posted by culchie
I heard that there is a meeting for all the folk who have been cut off in Upper Pago. Anyone know anything about it?
Yes, there is a meeting this Saturday. I don´t think it´s restricted to Upper Pago though.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

Originally Posted by glynis
Yes, there is a meeting this Saturday. I don´t think it´s restricted to Upper Pago though.
Where and when is the meeting?
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Meeting is on Saturday. Not sure where but will try and find out. The notice has been torn down.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 10:15 pm
lifetimers

lex&paris is an unknown quantity at this point

The meeting is at the canada end of camino el solitario and i think itsat 11am, well thats what i read at the end of my road anyway!
Old Nov 4th 2006, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lex&paris
The meeting is at the canada end of camino el solitario and i think itsat 11am, well thats what i read at the end of my road anyway!
Guys if anyone goes, could you pass on the info on here or by PM, as am UK based at the moment
Cheers steve
Old Nov 4th 2006, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Don´t know if there were two meetings. The one I know about was just for the residents of the one road which is being served by two industrial generators served by the builder. The residents were meeting to discuss how much each of them was going to put into a kitty for the diesel and a rota on who would collect it. Apparently the builder´s representative said that he thought Sevillana would re-connect them on Wednesday!!!!!! And they believed him! But he didn´t say which Wednesday.
Old Nov 4th 2006, 7:16 pm
Banned

Clacton Mark is an unknown quantity at this point

anybody know the outcome from the one or two meetings in PAGO about the electric ??
Old Nov 5th 2006, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

jimmy23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Having just moved to Pago del Humo and having just bought a newly built property I was somewhat dismayed to have my electricity arbitrarily disconnected.Representations made by me to Sevillana that I had been told that counter meters or piggyback meters were legal were ignored and I was disconnected with immediate effect. I now find myself in the dark on two fronts the first being perfectly obvious. The second I could use some help on. I now have assurances from my builder that the reconnection is in hand however I need to know what documents are required to allow reconnection and which office these documents are submitted to and how long will it take from the submission of the documents to the installation of the meter. Any help or advice on any of this would be greatly appreciated. :scared:
Old Nov 5th 2006, 10:18 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

While appreciating that it is important to maintain the confidentiality of this site and to also avoid the possibility of maligning any person,I think that disclosure could be useful. Any person who bought in good faith but has been disconnected and is not being supported by his builder, estate agent etc should at least mention who they are, without defamatory comments. It is perfectly obvious that in spite of the now wide spread knowledge of the elex problem, many builders are continuing to build, and agents to sell. Upto a few months ago they could still have pleaded ignorance about the seriousness of the problem, but surely this exscuse has grown thin.
I know other members of this forum have had problems with property sold to them by the agent who sold us ours, but a year ago she would not let us proceed with our first choice as there was no legal meter on the property. Now she is rumoured to be expensive, but I believe this is because she will not sell problem properties, and those that aren't fetch a premium.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 9:22 am
Just Joined

My concern is that I do not know if I have a problem with my builder we are completely in the dark as regards progress and even the existence of documents and where they are lodged and possible timescale.If the problem with electric is as widespread as it seems I guess that my builder will have a lot more concerns than me and I want if possible to press for action myself. Once again any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: electric in pago

Hi Jimmy23,

There are several threads on this forum that cover the electric problem, it has been discussed for a number of months now. It would be worth your while to go back over them and distill out the information.

I regret to say that from everything that has been said before you would not appear to be in a strong position and the sooner you are informed the better able you will be to take some action.

Are you literally in the dark or are you not living in you villa at the moment?

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by jimmy23
My concern is that I do not know if I have a problem with my builder we are completely in the dark as regards progress and even the existence of documents and where they are lodged and possible timescale.If the problem with electric is as widespread as it seems I guess that my builder will have a lot more concerns than me and I want if possible to press for action myself. Once again any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 6th 2006, 10:21 am
Just Joined

Hi John
I am living in my villa at the moment but am using 20euros of petrol per day to run a generator. Over a definate period of time I could put up with this but we are in a situation whereby we have no time scale to work to and no end in sight hence my anxiety to gather information. As you suggest I will try and glean information from the past correspondence. Thanks for you help
Old Nov 6th 2006, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: electric in pago

Hi John
I am living in my villa at the moment but am using 20euros of petrol per day to run a generator. Over a definate period of time I could put up with this but we are in a situation whereby we have no time scale to work to and no end in sight hence my anxiety to gather information. As you suggest I will try and glean information from the past correspondence. Thanks for you help
Hi Jimmy23

You have my sympathy for what good that will do. Lots of interim solutions have been put forward but all involve cost and your generator compares well for now.

Regards,

John
Old Nov 6th 2006, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Does it state in your contract that the builder will supply electricity? If so then contact your estate agent saying that you are holding them to the contract. I believe CDL Caretaking has a lot of knowledge regarding this and it may be worth your while contacting him. Did you go to the meeting on Saturday?
Old Nov 6th 2006, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

culchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really niceculchie is just really nice

Originally Posted by glynis
Does it state in your contract that the builder will supply electricity? If so then contact your estate agent saying that you are holding them to the contract. I believe CDL Caretaking has a lot of knowledge regarding this and it may be worth your while contacting him. Did you go to the meeting on Saturday?

Just for your information - it is ILLEGAL - for a builder to sell a new build property which does not have a water supply or an electricity supply. If he does this he is liable to a large fine and a possible prison term. The law says that a new house must be habitable (and therefore must have both power and water).

I strongly advise you to go to a lawyer and I strongly advise you to seek a lawyer who (a) speaks English and (b) does NOT have an office in Chiclana (for obvious reasons).

I thoroughly agree that the bad apples i.e. builders, estate agents AND lawyers should be named and shamed. Too many innocent peoples´lives are being ruined by their illegal, mercenary and frankly, sharp practices.

Any ideas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.