Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Wikiposts

COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Old Apr 17th 2008, 4:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

Originally Posted by billybassett
I've not a clue JDR? Thought you may be able to help? Was worried that the pics wouldn't attach at all, then I get them twice.
Do you just click on the paperclip, this opens a window, click on browse, this will open "my pics", double click on the pic, this will put the address in the browse box then click upload, you can do this for up to five pics.
Old Apr 17th 2008, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: COSTA ESURI - AYAMONTE

A few more pictures...

the first is of the crowded (not) beach at IC. We had a lovely walk from Punta del Moral to Playa Canela.

The second is one of the lovely sunsets, taken from the Parador hotel.

The third is of the bridge - I never get tired of looking at the International Bridge and have pictures from every possible angle.

The fourth is the river, and the last is a view from the townhouses over to golf course 1.

Karen x

Attachment 65727

Attachment 65728

Attachment 65729

Attachment 65730

Attachment 65731
It is framed from my bedroom window so from sun up when the light wii be good for taking photos to sun down when the sun will set between the columns I shall view it without having to get out of bed. It is why we bought that particular plot. I guess you could say I like it too!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:56 am
Just Joined

roselee is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I have a ground floor apartment on cost esuri, I have heard a whisper that those of us with unkempt gardens may at some point recieve a fine if they are not made tidy, I have been meaning to sort it out but have not managed to get over as often as I would like, so it's still in need of doing!
does anyone know any good reasonably priced gardeners? I would also like to extend my patio, so perhaps you good people know of a good builder in the area, some of the finished patio's look really awful, so reccomendations are very welcome!
Lee..
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:17 am
Just Joined

honestjohn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roselee
Hi, I have a ground floor apartment on cost esuri, I have heard a whisper that those of us with unkempt gardens may at some point recieve a fine if they are not made tidy, I have been meaning to sort it out but have not managed to get over as often as I would like, so it's still in need of doing!
does anyone know any good reasonably priced gardeners? I would also like to extend my patio, so perhaps you good people know of a good builder in the area, some of the finished patio's look really awful, so reccomendations are very welcome!
Lee..
Hello Lee,
It just so happens, you are in luck! Two S/African guys,( Father & Son ) have recently moved to Rago2. They where farmers so there gardening is second to none, and they specialize in sprinkler systems! They are also tradesman builders, I have seen there work, and they are really very good, all there work is guaranteed. so you can´t say fairer than that!
If you PM me, I´ll let you have there 'phone number!
John...
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Cptnemo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yvonne King
Here's the snagging office number - 0034 959 328 041
Thanks very much !!
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Carol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Yvonne King
Here's the snagging office number - 0034 959 328 041
Regarding Block 10 yes we do try to influence ADA, but the gardeners are for the whole of Vista Esuri. If you do not ask then you will not get ADA or anyone else to work for you. remember ADA work for us , it is only that sometimes they need reminding who pays their wages.

Mike and Carol
Old Apr 17th 2008, 7:29 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Why are you getting double pictures ?
Hey, who cares when they are that good !! MichaelH and BobD have been praised for their excellent pics on the thread and I would add Graham to the list (despite his April Fool !) but Karen and Simon are up there with the "bestest". Thanks, it was good to read your post and fantastic to see the wonderful photos. The one from the townhouses over Golf 1 is "our view"........well until the private plot holders build in front of us.....still I will see it from the upper terraces/balcony. Thanks again

Mel
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

billybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura aboutbillybassett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
Hey, who cares when they are that good !! MichaelH and BobD have been praised for their excellent pics on the thread and I would add Graham to the list (despite his April Fool !) but Karen and Simon are up there with the "bestest". Thanks, it was good to read your post and fantastic to see the wonderful photos. The one from the townhouses over Golf 1 is "our view"........well until the private plot holders build in front of us.....still I will see it from the upper terraces/balcony. Thanks again

Mel
Hi Mel, you have a great view. I suspect the villas on the plots won't obstruct your views that much. Do you know if there are height restrictions for the buildings on certain plots? We are in Marina Esuri and when they started building the villas all around the apartmens, I was sure our view of the golf course and river would be obstructed, but thankfully, it has hardly been affected. Hope you find the same..

When we were driving through CE after our walk (we wanted to see the TASA site), we were at the top of the hill not far from your townhouse and an otter ran out from the grassy area, stopped in front of the car, looked right at us for about 10 seconds, then turned around and ran back into the grass. It then stood still for about a minute, watching us and flicking its whiskers. We were amazed to see it; they're apparantly very shy, but this one didn't seem to be too worried about us, was really beautiful, and a biggie too (I think it was anyway, but then I can only compare to the one in " Ring of Brightwater", which was a very, very sad film about an otter that I watched when I was little). I just hope it doesn't try to cross the road too often as I want it to keep safe. It really was something special to see, and we felt very privileged.

Does anyone know about otters in Spain? Are they protected? Are they endangered? Are they seen regularly at CE?

Karen
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mel, you have a great view. I suspect the villas on the plots won't obstruct your views that much. Do you know if there are height restrictions for the buildings on certain plots? We are in Marina Esuri and when they started building the villas all around the apartmens, I was sure our view of the golf course and river would be obstructed, but thankfully, it has hardly been affected. Hope you find the same..
Karen
Yes there are very positive planning guidelines for the whole site. No building may be more than 2 stories high (ground and first floor in English terms) and you are allowed a Torreon (uninhabited tower room) above that. Basements do not count and can even be the georgian semi - basement type. Most plots on CE cannot have more than 182 sq m of enclosed liveable space. A very few can have 220 sq m and there is a limit to the % of the plot that can be covered. If I remember correctly for the whole of CE no more than 15% can be built on and you get your share of that 15% so for a 1000 sq m plot your share of the 15% of 960 ha is tiny about 0.01%
Old Apr 17th 2008, 10:38 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

What a lovely encounter with "Tarka" the otter, we have seen deer up by the Tasa site and one day near the CE bridge horses ran across the road in front of us. Last Oct a flock of flamingos flew over the house, it was beautiful.

No, you are right we shall still have the view but it will obviously not be from the kitchen window when the new house are built, will have it from the two front bedrooms, balcony and terrace. Happy with that, however Fadesa did lie and tell us the houses would not obstruct the view (that I feel we paid for)because they would be much lower that us. When we saw the site in Oct 03 the ground in front was much lower so we paid our deposit BUT, in April 06 when we arrived the ground had been built up to road level. Good 'Ol Fadsea hey !!

It can only be better when individual plot holders like John and Kath and others build and start to live there as that will encourage shops, bars etc and that is what we all want. Also hope they are all different nationalities.

Reading posts of recent visits and seeing the pictures is so encouraging and I am looking forward to being there again in 6 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour...but who's counting !!

Take care

Mel
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

CAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really niceCAROL TAFF is just really nice

Originally Posted by laslopeady
Hi everyone
I would be really interested to know if other rago2 owners like myself would like to find a way of removing the current president and ADA management. They are blatantly in cahoots and the whole complex appears to be run akin to a secret society for the connected few. I have heard there is a Brit living on site who would be prepared to take on the role of president if he can get enough support .If anyone has info regarding this and would like to see a more transparent set up please get in touch. Perhaps a separate thread to pool ideas and strategies should be set up?
ta
Laslo
I have been a RAGO 2 owner for over two years and my family and I have spent many happy days there on several visits since. I am extremely pleased with my purchase - CE is superb, Ayamonte the best town I've come across in Spain, and the Spanish people delightful.

I do not feel that the criticisms directed at either Fadesa or ADA are fully justified, and that any shortcomings on their part are the result of incompetence rather than any machiavellian conspiracy.

That said, however, I feel there is room for improvement in particular in the way in which the Community is administered; unfortunately I fail to see how that is to be achieved.

The constitution for the RAGO 2 community was established in September 2005 prior to any purchaser completions. This established separate Communities for each Portal (entrance), each having its president, responsible for the internal elements. An Intercommunity was then established to look after the external elements (gardens, pool, car parks etc). Each Community would have meetings of its incumbents, and the corporate view presented at Intercommunity meetings by the Community presidents (33 in all), with only presidents in attendance.

All decisions of any relevance involve Intercommunity matters. However, I feel deprived of any real control over these. Initially, as there were no volunteers, owners of ground floor, Apartment Bs, were "elected" as presidents. I have not met my president. An annual meeting was called last year (with insufficient notice for me to attend) at which only two of the 11 owners were represented. Last year's Intercommunity meeting followed, attended by only 20 of the 33 Community pesidents (my president did not attend).

I feel that the Community organization at RAGO 2 deprives me of any control over what ADA gets up to. Furthermore, most (if not all) of the owners in my Portal are Spanish. My Spanish is non-existent, and their English is not good enough for me to feel that I would be a suitable person to represent them, so I do not intend to try and take any action.

And that's the rub. I suspect that most other Brits in RAGO 2 feel the same way. Until we are prepared to grab the nettle, nothing will be changed to meet our wants. It so happens that I'm not that dissatisfied with ADA's performance. The place looks very good and the fees have been reduced. Nevertheless, I would be more than happy to join in any movement that is aimed at improving the current situation.

Taff
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
When we saw the site in Oct 03 the ground in front was much lower so we paid our deposit BUT, in April 06 when we arrived the ground had been built up to road level. Good 'Ol Fadsea hey !!

It can only be better when individual plot holders like John and Kath and others build and start to live there as that will encourage shops, bars etc and that is what we all want. Also hope they are all different nationalities.

Reading posts of recent visits and seeing the pictures is so encouraging and I am looking forward to being there again in 6 weeks, 2 days, 1 hour...but who's counting !!

Take care

Mel
Yes Fadesa did much the same to us tipped a lot of material on our plot when we were not looking and that made it steeper and we had to dig through it to get to good ground again. Overall with one cock up and another I think Fadesa added about €50,000 to our development costs! Don't you just love Fadesa! We are there in 15 days 4hrs 30mins and we are driving down but we don't count either.

PS we will be that broke by the time we come over in October we will be looking in skips for beds so we won't have spend for bars and shops!!!

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Apr 18th 2008 at 1:36 am. Reason: added PS
Old Apr 18th 2008, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

laslopeady is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAROL TAFF
I have been a RAGO 2 owner for over two years and my family and I have spent many happy days there on several visits since. I am extremely pleased with my purchase - CE is superb, Ayamonte the best town I've come across in Spain, and the Spanish people delightful.

I do not feel that the criticisms directed at either Fadesa or ADA are fully justified, and that any shortcomings on their part are the result of incompetence rather than any machiavellian conspiracy.

That said, however, I feel there is room for improvement in particular in the way in which the Community is administered; unfortunately I fail to see how that is to be achieved.

The constitution for the RAGO 2 community was established in September 2005 prior to any purchaser completions. This established separate Communities for each Portal (entrance), each having its president, responsible for the internal elements. An Intercommunity was then established to look after the external elements (gardens, pool, car parks etc). Each Community would have meetings of its incumbents, and the corporate view presented at Intercommunity meetings by the Community presidents (33 in all), with only presidents in attendance.

All decisions of any relevance involve Intercommunity matters. However, I feel deprived of any real control over these. Initially, as there were no volunteers, owners of ground floor, Apartment Bs, were "elected" as presidents. I have not met my president. An annual meeting was called last year (with insufficient notice for me to attend) at which only two of the 11 owners were represented. Last year's Intercommunity meeting followed, attended by only 20 of the 33 Community pesidents (my president did not attend).

I feel that the Community organization at RAGO 2 deprives me of any control over what ADA gets up to. Furthermore, most (if not all) of the owners in my Portal are Spanish. My Spanish is non-existent, and their English is not good enough for me to feel that I would be a suitable person to represent them, so I do not intend to try and take any action.

And that's the rub. I suspect that most other Brits in RAGO 2 feel the same way. Until we are prepared to grab the nettle, nothing will be changed to meet our wants. It so happens that I'm not that dissatisfied with ADA's performance. The place looks very good and the fees have been reduced. Nevertheless, I would be more than happy to join in any movement that is aimed at improving the current situation.

Taff
Taff
Please check your private messages for more info.
regards
Laslopeady
Old Apr 18th 2008, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

rsvrmille is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I rarely post but as I'm one esuri kitting out the house at the moment, I thought I'd add a few comments.

The commercial centre, I've heard this will be early 2009 now not 08! Its still some way of being finished. One commercial centre is finished (by the first townhouses) but empty because anyone who takes a rental there has to pay fadessa a % of their income.... great incentive!

Buying stuff - generally, carrefour at cartaya is good BUT not always the cheapest. E.g our tv was 699 euros, the electrical shop in ayamonte centre had it for 640. Our cutlery was cheaper in Carvella, a shop in Villareal (sto St Antonio for the full name), walk from the river/marina towards the main square, keep on the right hand side of the square and there are two carvella shops, one of the left, one about 20m more on your right. Good for all kinds of domestic stuff! (There's also another in Monte Gordo).

Had dinner at O Infante, (Jnc 17 - Mte Gordo). At the T junction its dead ahead. Great food there, cheap, about 13-17 euros for main (don't have a starter - the portions are massive - you have been warned (i had one and couldn't finish the main!). I had crab, 22 euros, for a massive crab. And delicious. White wine, Dos Quintas, from Duoro. 13 euros and fantastic. A well recommended place!

Snagging. Oh my. I would not complete without snagging first! I know they say you can't but I bet if (legal) push comes to shove they will. The snagging office is a nightmare, keep copies of everything! And make them sign to say that they have received your snagging list. They have a habit of losing/misplacing etc..... Getting stuff done is a nightmare. I had to beg them to come and do the lighting (very dodgy!) switches not working, lights flickering, lights "pulsing". All kinds. They sent two electricians the next day (well, after my second visit in there) and they did half of the job - still have dodgy lights. Take care! My advice, get someone who knows what they are looking for. Steve from Purple Parrot did ours and did a very thorough job, our list is very long.......

Anyhow, the sun has been out most of the week and 20c+ every day. nice weather, nice food and esuri will be great in 2-3 years.

Hablo usted inglesa? (I needed this alot this week....)
Old Apr 18th 2008, 11:41 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roselee
Hi, I have a ground floor apartment on cost esuri, I have heard a whisper that those of us with unkempt gardens may at some point recieve a fine if they are not made tidy
Lee..
Lee - you will not get a fine for an untidy garden so treat that whisper with a pinch of salt, mate. Even if there is a clause in your deeds (which I would doubt, but you never know..) you would be able to challenge it - who defines what is tidy? Who issues the fine??? etc.... In block of apartments I've been in over the years where the community rules are qute strict, they've usually been quite toothless when somebody decides to go outside of the rules and do something like put up blinds in a colour "not approved" (yes, it does get that petty) as the 'offender' says "well it's done now, sue me!"

Originally Posted by CAROL TAFF

Taff
Interesting post and I think it raises the question that maybe some people who have bought on Esuri may not fully understand the 'comunidad' system. It is not really, in my experience, taken as seriously as many of you seem to think and that they only ever have one meeting a year (unless an extraordinary meeting is called) should give an inkling as to how seriously they take it. I've met two types of President - the one type who is very officious, blowing his role out of all proportion, being almost military-like, nit-picking at everything.....who because of this gets vilified and ignored, so nothing gets done.
Then there's the other type, the one who didn't really want the position in the first place but has to do it as it was his turn, who is easy going, couldn't care less.....and nothing gets done!!!!!

You can't win either way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.