how old is the UK?

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how old is the UK?

Originally Posted by Worldismine
Scandanavian countries are racist as hell, even when you say your Sicilian.
Not sure of the point here? The Scandanavian countries are a long way from Sicily, so not sure of the connection? Maybe some sort of Mafia connection!?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:14 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
thanks alot for this post ... and i would love to ask you one question only

did islam stop those muslims from being innovative and discover new concepts in science?
Islam encouraged people to seek knowledge through science and philosophy...unlike some European Christian churches who held the advance of science back (e.g., Galileo and Copernicus, and even killed some astronomers)
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:20 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

So you ignore everythying in my post and just coment on one thing religion?

don't you feel like saying anything as an answer/coments on the other issues/ideas??

it is like someone have reported me to you or to other moderators and asked you to keep an eye on me !!! if this is the case may i know who they are lol

people talk about sex here and talk about religion and i can give you exampls and i have seen you or any other moderator asking them not to do it !!!

or is it a first step in a process that will end up by banning me again !!!!

bottom line ! .. what you just did and said is not fair cause i have not seen you doing the same to people who have been breaking the rules of this site

just because i post things that some don't like (and maybe you are one of them) i get to find moderators againest me.
My post was made as a member of this site and not as a moderator.

There are many many things that I would like to say to you but I will limit myself to reminding you that discussion of moderators and their actions are not tolerated on the open forum.

Please read rule number 14.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:22 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
Islam encouraged people to seek knowledge through science and philosophy...unlike some European Christian churches who held the advance of science back (e.g., Galileo and Copernicus, and even killed some astronomers)

it is nice to hear it from you but ... why are people trying to show islam (As a religion) a cause for stopping the scientific knowlege/research?

if in the past christianity was like this why do they think that islam is the same?

or is it a general blind and unlogical hate to all religions
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:23 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
My post was made as a member of this site and not as a moderator.

There are many many things that I would like to say to you but I will limit myself to reminding you that discussion of moderators and their actions are not tolerated on the open forum.

Please read rule number 14.
ok i will read it

thanks in a dvance for guiding me to there
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:27 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

... why are people trying to show islam (As a religion) a cause for stopping the scientific knowlege/research?s
Not sure who you think is trying to show that Islam is stopping the advancement of science...that is not the case. Islam always encouraged the advancement of science, medicine, and philosophy.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 6:54 am
Banned

Not sure who you think is trying to show that Islam is stopping the advancement of science...that is not the case. Islam always encouraged the advancement of science, medicine, and philosophy.

is this your personal opinion or many others?

you know how many times i read this post?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:05 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

yes the UK government should feel ashame of not only creating a place for Israel and taking it away from the original owners but also for other things like Iraq.
As has been explained to you many times before, there were Jews living in what is now called Israel long before Islam even existed.

-
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:28 am
A bubbly-jock...

is this your personal opinion or many others?

you know how many times i read this post?
It is a widely held view that many other scientists would agree on.

How many times you read the post ? Not sure what you mean...did you not understand my English..perhaps it was not clear?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

BM,

I don't think anyone here doubts Islamic culture and its contribution to early science and philosophy. The sadness is that it has evaporated, extinguished in favour of rote learning and an utter lack of inquisitiveness. It's great that a child can recite the koran - but so what?

This same problem I see every day - memorise facts, and quote vast tracts of someone elses work - totally useless. It's like all the memebers of a football team learning the rules by heart but never playing a game.

As every day goes by we get further and further into the understanding of how things evolve and how life has developed. sadly the culture now holds back those who should be at the forefront of development. I have even seen it said in this region by leaders - 'what have we given to the benefit of mankind in the last 100 years?'

Your child does not need to die of malaria, TB, or a simple cut on the leg any more due to penicillin and immunisation -is god against that? Instead of staring at the moon to announce holidays why have no muslims been there?

Open the mind. Faith is good, but it is just that - faith. Sometimes it is better to believe in fact.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Meow
As has been explained to you many times before, there were Jews living in what is now called Israel long before Islam even existed.

-

If you guys are saying that Abraham or Jesus was not there and never exist and you don't trust the available sources of that information .. what source of information you will provide to prove that jews were there before arabs and why should we consider your source a trusted one??

why can't be arabs there before jews ??

regardless we are speaking about things that are 2000 years old ... arabs were in palastine for long time (and from our side before jews) and remained in palastine until the forming of the UK (speaking about the new world) how can UK allow Israel to take a land that belongs to other people during this civilized time?
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:05 am
Banned

It is a widely held view that many other scientists would agree on.

How many times you read the post ? Not sure what you mean...did you not understand my English..perhaps it was not clear?

what i meant i read it many times specially this line

. Islam always encouraged the advancement of science, medicine, and philosophy.
i am happy to know that there are some fair people who are not hiding the truth that Islam as a religion or principles never was an obstacle for science. because some people tried to show that living as a religious human can sometimes mean being uneducated or worse.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:08 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

The correct question should have been How Old is the Earth????
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:14 am
Banned

Originally Posted by B Bear
BM,

I don't think anyone here doubts Islamic culture and its contribution to early science and philosophy. The sadness is that it has evaporated, extinguished in favour of rote learning and an utter lack of inquisitiveness. It's great that a child can recite the koran - but so what?

This same problem I see every day - memorise facts, and quote vast tracts of someone elses work - totally useless. It's like all the memebers of a football team learning the rules by heart but never playing a game.

As every day goes by we get further and further into the understanding of how things evolve and how life has developed. sadly the culture now holds back those who should be at the forefront of development. I have even seen it said in this region by leaders - 'what have we given to the benefit of mankind in the last 100 years?'

Your child does not need to die of malaria, TB, or a simple cut on the leg any more due to penicillin and immunisation -is god against that? Instead of staring at the moon to announce holidays why have no muslims been there?

Open the mind. Faith is good, but it is just that - faith. Sometimes it is better to believe in fact.

Quran and faith are more important to us than our lifes. Islam didn't change it is the same religion that made early muslims advanced among everyone else in the past ... but what changed is people.. muslims them selfs.

it is a sin to lie ..... some muslims do lie
it is a sin to be unfair to others some muslims are unfair
it is a sin to do many things and yet many muslims are not following their religion properly.

if they did
they will be good people to everyone as the early muslims were good to everyone.

just check how jews lived in (Al andalos) what is known today Spain and protogal during the islamic ruling for 800 years .. look at jews in yemen and in palastine it self 100 years ago. people used to be fair to them you can find two tribes fighting each other but never harm a jew.

but your words touched my heart ... it really reminded me of a pain deep inside .. what have we muslims accomplished in the last 100 years !!! what have we invinted ? what have we produced??

if there is anything that we did .. it is little .. and the only way to go back is to be good muslims and good students .. to learn from you guys and contribute in science and present good things to all humans.

it will take time.... i still can't see the sun rising soon .. but it will insha allah

thanks alot mate
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:21 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
The correct question should have been How Old is the Earth????
I don't know .. but i know there were creatures on the earth before the arrival of Adam from heaven

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.