how old is the UK?

Old Mar 5th 2009, 3:57 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how old is the UK?

Originally Posted by MacScot
Naked..how about a black background (from St David's flag)

How about this one...not quite finished - as a white strip would need to be put beneath the St Patrick's diagonal cross !
that's almost as psychadelic as the London 2012 logo! Nah, nah... [brrr]... they can't change it... they JUST CAN'T! lol
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:22 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: how old is the UK?

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
that's almost as psychadelic as the London 2012 logo! Nah, nah... [brrr]... they can't change it... they JUST CAN'T! lol
I though just after they released it the company they paid X million to backtracked due to the negative reaction and said they expected the logo to "evolve"? My younger sister pointed out when she first saw it that it looks very much like two people involved in a sick sex act, bloody right actually .

Should have went with:
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:13 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beard Man
Islam will continue to expand .. but it will reach the maximum only when jesus comes back.

but can i ask you something?

have you been to a Church before? if yes at what age did you stop? and how long it took you to take this decision?
If you believe Jesus is coming back that's fine - but don't expect me to without proof.

To answer your question I have done a lot more than go to a church - I used to be an active member of a traditional Christian group. I taught the children in what we call Sunday School and was very sincere in my belief - even as far as not making friends who were not Christians or respectful of my belief.

I left this belief because over the years I saw many contradictions in the bible and in the theology itself. It was not an easy step because to leave something you are taught from birth is true is like leaving your family...but thankfully there are many good people and websites which helped me find my path in life. My father rarely talks to me now and none of the "brothers" and "sisters" in my church keep in contact with me despite the fact I am basically the same person as before just without belief. I did study Islam and Judaism for a while but found the same inconsistencies there too so I now a secular humanist and believe in no God - or at least not in the God of Abraham...I continue to be interested in religion and learn about the different ones around the world though.

I have a Pakistani friend in England who went through the same thing when he left Islam...it's just a good example of how religion can make people very intolerant without good reason.

N.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 5:46 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

if you don't believe in Quraan you shouldn't worry about what is written there about what will happen to non-believers, right???
but you can't just insult the God that we are praying for him and that we believe in him.
but then if you thought about it little bit... what if what is in Quraan is true !!

it is worth thinking about.
Good point and I don't worry about it but I do worry that I am not even allowed to express my disagreement of a belief without being threatened, beaten, imprisoned or killed in many places (even when such action is against the law). I am expected to be nice or be punished!

Why are these "Holy" books allowed to say insulting things about me and other non-believers but I am not allowed to say anything back without being threatened?

If god is so powerful why does he need his human followers to defend his name? Why would a being so powerful as god even care what people say about him or his religion?

I think that is worth thinking about more don't you?

N.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Beardman,

The thing about us Brits is that we come from a society that defends and respects the right of anyone to hold whatever beliefs they want.

However... we do not need to respect what you say, and your religion along with any other gets no special treatment. If you want respect it has to be earned, not demanded. We judge people by what they do not what they say

Until 2001 muslims were just another religion of little significance to most of us. OK, build europe's biggest mosque in one of our wondferful central old London parks, build another 1000 around the country - welcome. Preach what you like in your mosques (no government guidelines issued in the UK, not like some countries!)

But when you hide your faces, take the streets screaming and shouting demand the death of my countrymen and preach and distribute hate against me then I will judge you, I will form an opinion. When your religious conviction stemming from the mosques and madrassas in my country leads to bombs on my trains I laugh when you tell me you are a religion of peace and I that don't understand and I should open my mind. I never feel worried about buddhists, sikhs, hindus, jews, methodists, catholics, shintoists or any other flavour of religion - I judge them as I find them.

I am really sorry, but when I keep getting bitten by dogs I become worried and suspicious of them.......

I judge by what I see, not what you tell me i should see
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by B Bear
Beardman,

The thing about us Brits is that we come from a society that defends and respects the right of anyone to hold whatever beliefs they want.

However... we do not need to respect what you say, and your religion along with any other gets no special treatment. If you want respect it has to be earned, not demanded. We judge people by what they do not what they say

Until 2001 muslims were just another religion of little significance to most of us. OK, build europe's biggest mosque in one of our wondferful central old London parks, build another 1000 around the country - welcome. Preach what you like in your mosques (no government guidelines issued in the UK, not like some countries!)

But when you hide your faces, take the streets screaming and shouting demand the death of my countrymen and preach and distribute hate against me then I will judge you, I will form an opinion. When your religious conviction stemming from the mosques and madrassas in my country leads to bombs on my trains I laugh when you tell me you are a religion of peace and I that don't understand and I should open my mind. I never feel worried about buddhists, sikhs, hindus, jews, methodists, catholics, shintoists or any other flavour of religion - I judge them as I find them.

I am really sorry, but when I keep getting bitten by dogs I become worried and suspicious of them.......

Huzzar!

N.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:40 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Beardman,

Excellent post. Well said.

-
Old Mar 5th 2009, 7:41 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Beardman,

A well-earned karma coming atcha!!!!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Beardman,

Excellent
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:27 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
If you believe Jesus is coming back that's fine - but don't expect me to without proof.

To answer your question I have done a lot more than go to a church - I used to be an active member of a traditional Christian group. I taught the children in what we call Sunday School and was very sincere in my belief - even as far as not making friends who were not Christians or respectful of my belief.

I left this belief because over the years I saw many contradictions in the bible and in the theology itself. It was not an easy step because to leave something you are taught from birth is true is like leaving your family...but thankfully there are many good people and websites which helped me find my path in life. My father rarely talks to me now and none of the "brothers" and "sisters" in my church keep in contact with me despite the fact I am basically the same person as before just without belief. I did study Islam and Judaism for a while but found the same inconsistencies there too so I now a secular humanist and believe in no God - or at least not in the God of Abraham...I continue to be interested in religion and learn about the different ones around the world though.

I have a Pakistani friend in England who went through the same thing when he left Islam...it's just a good example of how religion can make people very intolerant without good reason.

N.

the contradictions of christianity is something i would really love to hear from an ex-chrisitian one day if you have the time and the will ..

it is so normal when a person leaves the belief of his father that the relationship between them will become something different. in your case you are lucky. you still talk to him from time to time and i can say that this means he loves you.

In islam we have huge respect for parents .. even if they were not muslims and they tried to change our minds about our islamic belief we are ordered to respect them during their lifes.... having a different believe shouldn't stop a man from having a good relation with his family. you wouldn't want to lose contact of your son after 20 years from now if he had a different believe.. when you imagine it ... you feel you wana go back to your dad and hug him.

about studying islam, i would say that you didn't study it very well or you didn't reach the best resources to explain Islam to you... with confience i would say Islam is the only right religion that God wants every one to follow. but you have to differnciate between Islam and Muslims.

about jesus return.... this is what you call a belief ... no prove for that.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:32 am
Banned

Beard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond reputeBeard Man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Good point and I don't worry about it but I do worry that I am not even allowed to express my disagreement of a belief without being threatened, beaten, imprisoned or killed in many places (even when such action is against the law). I am expected to be nice or be punished!

Why are these "Holy" books allowed to say insulting things about me and other non-believers but I am not allowed to say anything back without being threatened?

If god is so powerful why does he need his human followers to defend his name? Why would a being so powerful as god even care what people say about him or his religion?

I think that is worth thinking about more don't you?

N.
As far as i know ... a none bliever is an infidel and this is not an insult .. it is just saying that he is not a believer !!

in islam ... there are either muslims or infidels which just an indicator that he is not a muslim.

are there people who are insulting others ? yes and believe me at both sides religious people and Athesits ... just go to the last year threads to see the insults i recieved from many people around for just being a muslim.

As far as for laws ..i am not sure of what you mean ... i don't think there is a problem when it comes to law for none believers !!!

Who created us and this world is so powerfull for sure, and he is testing us nothing more. life is short ...and after this life each one of us will face the things that he did or didn't believe in.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:36 am
Banned

Beardman,

I can't see why some people have said that this is an excellent post !!

are all muslims the way you said?

are all mosques the way you described?

that is unfair ..and too generalizing... knowing that you are a brit if you couldn't see any good muslims in UK who are not like what you said then you are either a blind or a lair.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:04 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

As far as i know ... a none bliever is an infidel and this is not an insult .. it is just saying that he is not a believer !!

in islam ... there are either muslims or infidels which just an indicator that he is not a muslim.

are there people who are insulting others ? yes and believe me at both sides religious people and Athesits ... just go to the last year threads to see the insults i recieved from many people around for just being a muslim.

As far as for laws ..i am not sure of what you mean ... i don't think there is a problem when it comes to law for none believers !!!

Who created us and this world is so powerfull for sure, and he is testing us nothing more. life is short ...and after this life each one of us will face the things that he did or didn't believe in.
Now be fair, BM, you were not castigated for being muslim, you were berated for your constant questioning and, when the answers didnt fir your perceived notions, you rejected them. Most people on here are more than happy to answer questions etc, but to then have our responses rejected with no basis for this does get on peoples nerves.

So, may I suggest you stop playing the religious card everytime someone heatedly disagrees with you??
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

I can't see why some people have said that this is an excellent post !!

are all muslims the way you said?

are all mosques the way you described?

that is unfair ..and too generalizing... knowing that you are a brit if you couldn't see any good muslims in UK who are not like what you said then you are either a blind or a lair.
Some Mosques are used to raise funds for terror at home and overseas.

Impressionable youths are encouraged there to commit violence and murder.

Many mosques sell and distribute CDs, DVDs and books encouraging this (if they tried that here they would be in prison!!)

We all assumed they were places of worship for a 'peace loving religion'

Christian churches tend to raise money for repairs to the steeple or trips for the disabled, the poor and the starving, and therein lies a fundamental difference.
Old Mar 9th 2009, 6:28 am
Banned

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Now be fair, BM, you were not castigated for being muslim, you were berated for your constant questioning and, when the answers didnt fir your perceived notions, you rejected them. Most people on here are more than happy to answer questions etc, but to then have our responses rejected with no basis for this does get on peoples nerves.

So, may I suggest you stop playing the religious card everytime someone heatedly disagrees with you??

when i reject something based on Islamic faith.. then this is not based on nothing.

if my opinions are different because of my faith then why should people berate me? am i not entitled for my own belief ??

some people are good here and it is nice to talk to them i admit.. but is it the case of everyone?

having been following all threads that i started or i participated in it to see how some were insulting me and my religion? now tell me are insults another meaning of berating?

have you seen that even some people who disagree with me here have stated that some guys in this forum attacked me so badly ... so it is not only my words mate.

in many cases i didn't bring religion into the picture others did and forced me to talk about it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.