Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Old May 6th 2013, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Originally Posted by shiva
Ah, Syriana...Watch it and wait for it to become reality....
Old May 6th 2013, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikewot
Because I want to know precisely what your question is.
In your opinion but do you have any empirical evidence of that? How could you go about proving your statement? You can make up your own opinions but not your own facts.
Whoa boy whoa!!! My logic says where is the evidence that Europe would collapse without alcohol? With the exception of alcoholics who are apparently able to function quite well having consumed alcohol there are very few jobs where the consumption of alcohol would lead to better ability to perform the task, in fact alcohol has proven to decrease ability (as an example drinking & driving). So the removal of alcohol might, potentially, improve working and productivity. However the converse is also true, many people enjoy a drink, it helps them unwind and they relax from the everyday stresses and strains, which increases their ability to deal with work.

If you seriously believe that turning off the alcohol tap on Europe during Christmas time, for example, will still make Christmas business as usual then certainly we have serious differences in our perception of life in Europe.
Old May 6th 2013, 4:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
If you seriously believe that turning off the alcohol tap on Europe during Christmas time, for example, will still make Christmas business as usual then certainly we have serious differences in our perception of life in Europe.
To be honest, there seems to be a great difference between your imbecilic opinion of Europeans, and the reality of a free thinking liberal actuality.

Never mind though, you enjoy your false beliefs, and the rest of the world will proceed into the 21st Century, whilst you remain stranded, seemingly forever, six centuries behind reality....
Old May 6th 2013, 5:25 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
I don't have a perception of life in Europe, I lived in various parts of the UK for over 40 years and in North Germany for 6 years. So I have experienced at first hand what life is like in Europe. Would you care to elucidate on your experience or are you basing your 'facts' on perceptions?
Old May 6th 2013, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Ha ha, this thread is hilarious.

Are these two serious? OR just pro wind up merchants?

I don't have a problem with any faiths but these two come across as some of the most closed minded, simple thinking individuals I've ever conversed with.

One thing I would like to ask, however, is why is marijuana as bad as alcohol? Marijuana has many many health benefits, hence why it is being decriminalised in several cities in the US. Alcohol I agree has its negative aspects when consumed in excess but even its beneficial aspects when consumed in moderation are minuscule when compared with marijuana.
Old May 6th 2013, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

B_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really nice

Continue to drinking alcohol , eating pork and other things .

But not in muslim countries .
Old May 6th 2013, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by B_Girl_Turco

Why? You are allowed Halal in Europe, even though it is in breach of nearly every animal rights legislation going.

Want it both ways? Sorry, it doesn't quite work like that...
Old May 6th 2013, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

I will, thanks for your approval!

However, why can I not do it in a Muslim country? It's not illegal. And as far as I know you are not a lawmaker!

I've just had pork ribs (which were lovely by the way) and am now chilling out with a beer...... then tomorrow I will head to my job and work all day fulfilling a role that I can pretty much guarantee not 1 local will have the experience or know how to be able to do.
Old May 6th 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

B_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really nice

Originally Posted by OleJanx
Why? You are allowed Halal in Europe, even though it is in breach of nearly every animal rights legislation going.

Want it both ways? Sorry, it doesn't quite work like that...
what is the problem with halal food ? why its doesnt conform to the rights of animals ?

I know what british people do after drinking alcohol .

Look at this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPFuPbm8Akk

if you do that in a muslim country , probably some one kill you in a few days .
Old May 6th 2013, 7:55 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

what is the problem with halal food ? why its doesnt conform to the rights of animals ?

Some people do this having prayed 5 times a day............
Old May 6th 2013, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Boomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomhauer has a reputation beyond repute

Halal & Kosher is barbaric! The animal slowly bleeds to death, all the while conscious and feeling pain.
Old May 6th 2013, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not what all British people do after drinking alcohol. I have seen similar from Muslims after drinking alcohol, so whats your point?

And seeing as you are such a fan of youtube and take it as your second holy teaching aid, have a look at these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwlx0auBhLc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC0qNjFpNT8
Old May 6th 2013, 7:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you don't recognise the cruelty of Halal, then you are thicker than I first thought.
So you "Know" what British people do after drinking? What, All 56 million of them? Amazing...
And cherry picking from You Tube is utterly irrelevant - plenty of good muslims behaving badly and stupidly can be found there, so your point is like a broken pencil - useless - like just about every comment you've posted.
After all, you don't even know what nationality you are, so a coherent argument seems most unlikely. Go torment a Russian site - see how well you are received there...
Old May 6th 2013, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Boomhauer
Halal & Kosher is barbaric! The animal slowly bleeds to death, all the while conscious and feeling pain.
mm I dont think its barbaric , its a quick death , bam bamm ! a sharp knife and skillful hands . but if you have an opportunity to make it less painful , ofcourse its better , such as stun by electrical shock .
Old May 7th 2013, 4:39 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

mm I dont think its barbaric , its a quick death , bam bamm ! a sharp knife and skillful hands . but if you have an opportunity to make it less painful , ofcourse its better , such as stun by electrical shock .
Which of course must be harem as Electricity wasn't invented when the koran came out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.