Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Old May 7th 2013, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all
Default Re: Egyptian resort hotel bans alcohol and creates women only floor.

Originally Posted by mikewot
I don't have a perception of life in Europe, I lived in various parts of the UK for over 40 years and in North Germany for 6 years. So I have experienced at first hand what life is like in Europe. Would you care to elucidate on your experience or are you basing your 'facts' on perceptions?

I have more or less a similar experience as yours, I've lived in different places too, but may be the difference between us is that I have always hailed an advice from the prophet of Islam which is:
‘Wisdom is the quest of the believer, where ever he finds it he should follow it’.

Quite Interesting what this thread is turning into though, it is now not a discussion about ideologies, it has rather become a debate on which people are better, which is not my area of interest.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

B_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really nice

If your quran was perfect you wouldn't need hadiths or thousands of scholars trying to interpret it for you. It would be perfectly clear and not open to interpretation instead of open to dozens of interpretations for whatever suits your purpose.
One single example you ask? Islam is the religion of peace yes? Why do so many of it's followers wish to kill people who do not follow it, or issue fatwas on people?

And you're already an aethist because I bet you don't believe in Thor, Ra, Apollo, Aphrodite, Brahma, Cernunos, Demeter etc. etc. or any of the other thousands of gods which have been worshipped over the years. You just need to not believe in one more.
nope , we dont need to hadiths , already many hadiths changed in time .
islamic scholars explains the quran , because many muslims dont know arabic and dont know the some historical informations .

yes islam is the religion of peace , dont you see , were insulted me in this forum many times because I'm a muslim , but I'm still quiet and respectful .
yes its true maybe there are ignorant people around the islamic world , but its not mean islam is bad , extremism about everything , not only islam . try to see the good things of muslims did . if I want to see bad things of christian or other people did , I can find many things . be objective .
Old May 7th 2013, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

redShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to allredShark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Scamp
But we all know that anyway. Nobody here is justifying or trying to justify the amount of money wasted on pissed up morons. It's wrong, end of, fact.
Sure every body knows what the problem is (despite of all these undefendable claims on here). The compelling question is, what is the solution? I am afraid to say that, in a Godless culture there is no solution
Old May 7th 2013, 10:05 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B_Girl_Turco
islamic scholars explains the quran , because many muslims dont know arabic and dont know the some historical informations .

yes islam is the religion of peace , dont you see , were insulted me in this forum many times because I'm a muslim , but I'm still quiet and respectful .
yes its true maybe there are ignorant people around the islamic world , but its not mean islam is bad , extremism about everything , not only islam . try to see the good things of muslims did . if I want to see bad things of christian or other people did , I can find many things . be objective .
Why can you not have a debate without feeling "Insulted". If you don't like the sound of something it is not an insult.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by redShark
Sure every body knows what the problem is (despite of all these undefendable claims on here). The compelling question is, what is the solution? I am afraid to say that, in a Godless culture there is no solution
No, you're missing the point. Alcohol cannot possibly be considered the only reason for anything bad happening.

I really, really cannot see how anyone with a brain can argue that point. I have said that it can definitely contribute but again, cannot be considered the sole culprit for some of the things listed.

I think, if I remember correctly, that Qu'ran says that if you follow Islam you shouldn't judge other people....
Old May 7th 2013, 10:21 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by redShark
I have more or less a similar experience as yours, I've lived in different places too, but may be the difference between us is that I have always hailed an advice from the prophet of Islam which is:
‘Wisdom is the quest of the believer, where ever he finds it he should follow it’.
Once again you don't answer the question. Its not possible to 'debate' with you.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:22 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Once again you don't answer the question. Its not possible to 'debate' with anyone religious.
Just clarified that old bean.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:22 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Uhuh? You're being very disingenous in your response.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Just clarified that old bean.
Mercy buckets dear chap.
Old May 7th 2013, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

B_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really niceB_Girl_Turco is just really nice

Originally Posted by Scamp
crusades ? waow , all europe together fought against only turks . but still you didnt been able to deal with them , a large part of crusades army destroyed in anatolia by turks . I love turkish people so much , they'r really so brave and funny people .
Old May 7th 2013, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Uhuh? You're being very disingenous in your response.
why ? you know why because you dont like to see truths , you cant be objective , never .
Old May 7th 2013, 10:33 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

crusades ? waow , all europe together fought against only turks . but still you didnt been able to deal with them , a large part of crusades army destroyed in anatolia by turks . I love turkish people so much , they'r really so brave and funny people .
Didn't know saladhin was a Turk
Old May 7th 2013, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shiva
the first thing I dont care so much as a chechen he was a turk or arab or another . I read many thing about him and there is no evidence that he wasnt a turk but there are many evidence that he was a turk , already it doesnt matter what race he was , he was a real muslim .

Salahaddin was on middle east , but Turks were anatolia , and crusades were destroyed before they didnt move down to middle east from constantinople . Only a small part of them was able to down to the south .
Old May 7th 2013, 10:55 am
Shark Fisherman

Originally Posted by shiva
Is it a bit like saying Kevin Pietersen is English or Andy Townsend is Irish?
Old May 7th 2013, 10:56 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief. Just caught up with this thread.

So if I've got it right, the Muslim world is perfect doesn't need anyone or anything from the West and Westerners are all wholy dependent on alcohol, are all raving alcoholics and in the wrong as we largely don't believe a work of fiction written over 1,400 year ago which was also some 20 years after the death of this alleged prophet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.