Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Oct 1st 2011, 2:02 am
mrs sully

Mrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really nice
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by trottytrue
TO YOU ALL.

The past two days have been really bad I thought selling and moving was bad but this was just the icing on top of the cake. But I have to say you people on here are the kindest most helpful I could ever wish to meet unfortunately I probably will never meet any of you but your are truly the best. I have been close to tears so many times this past couple of days and just getting on here and reading your replies really kept me grounded and not wanting to shoot someone.

I have never known such really good people who really care. Thankyou all.

Boodles and DDL the advice you sent me was really helpful.

Even when we are at our lowest we find something brings us back to were we need to be.

Most of you know that my husband apart from having the accident has been ill so it upset me to think that this would never have happened when he was feeling at his best. He was a most careful person.

So today I lost my temper with him and told him that apart from anything else the passport picture he sent in looked liked some indigent, his beard, the black eye he sported at the time of the picture being taken, the gap in his moustache on his upper lip were he had stitches and the missing tooth.
Well about an hour later he came out of the bathroom with no beard and no moustache. I felt like a heel.
Dearest TT, don't be hard on yourself. What you are going through is like being in the eye of a cyclone, it is scary and unsettling. You are so courageous, that is why so many of us on BE admire you. This is a horrible stumbling block but keep your eye on the goal, you WILL get there. You and your husband have been through a lifetime together and sound like a good little team. So he made a mistake with the paperwork, that is understandable given his poor health. I'm just sad that the bureaucratic maze is so awful. I hope you can feel the hug I'm sending your way. You are the very reason the BE forum is so dynamic and we are all here for you.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Hang in there Trotty, it really is such a stressful thing making a huge move like this but it is all going to be worth it in the end. I have been following your journey in the old posts and you should be so proud of yourselves for the way you've gotten over each and every hurdle.

Big hugs to you and to Mr Trotty!
Old Oct 1st 2011, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

Boodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud ofBoodles has much to be proud of

TO YOU ALL.

So today I lost my temper with him and told him that apart from anything else the passport picture he sent in looked liked some indigent, his beard, the black eye he sported at the time of the picture being taken, the gap in his moustache on his upper lip were he had stitches and the missing tooth.
Well about an hour later he came out of the bathroom with no beard and no moustache. I felt like a heel.
Well, I understand, completely, how you feel, that's men for you, one minute they make you soooo angry you can hardly see straight and the next minute they do something that rips your heart out and all you want to do in hug them and tell them everything is OK. Elizabeth
Old Oct 1st 2011, 2:41 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Look I wasnt pleased with Sallysimmons remark about Americans but then thats Sally. She does have a thing about Yanks..........
I can't count how many times I have criticized Brits for moaning and complaining and reading the Daily Mail but no one gets upset about that because we're not super-sensitive to criticism.

I was making an observation based on personal experience and trying to be supportive. I thought it might be helpful. Clearly it wasn't and I will stay away from trying to be kind in future since I am clearly not great at it.

Originally Posted by cheers
I'm an American and I didn't think it was rude at all. My wife is American and I'm sure she wouldn't be offended or find it rude.
Thanks. I just annoy some people But that's why God made the 'ignore' feature

Last edited by sallysimmons; Oct 1st 2011 at 2:44 am.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

black swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant futureblack swan has a brilliant future

Many years ago, just after we left England to come & live in Australia I decided we might prefer living in New Zealand. So I rang the appropriate number to make an enquiry. When I was asked for some details like 'are you an Australian citizen?' I said "No, I'm British!!" & was most surprised that we could'nt automatically live in New Zealand.

Over the years I have often laughed at my attitude to being british & how I thought having a British pasport would allow me to live anywhere I liked.
Paula
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Sully...Thankyou I had a little cry after reading your post. If anyone on here learns anything from my problems it will make me very happy. Those forms can be very intimidating. My husband looked at the notes that went along with the form and guidance part 8. but not the full guidance notes. The strange thing was that when he initially sent in his form he didnt send the pictures because he thought the biometrics cover that, they never mentioned anything about other documents being missing from the package when they sent him an email asking for the pictures.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Sallysimmons...It just depends where one is at the time the comment is made and I was not being unkind when I said that about you. You do have opinions on alot of subjects and you are not one to back down. We are all very different. What I should have said is that you do have opinions on Yanks and Republicans
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Black Swan...I think that was something to do with the British Empire or the shrinking of it
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:50 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Trotty, I'm sure Mr Trotty felt awful knowing he sent in so much money that can't be recovered and has delayed the move. You shouting at him will soon be forgotten and after being married so long I'm sure he can sense your stress level. I know my Dh can and he makes himself scarce
I think him shaving off the beard and mustache was a very sweet gesture
This gives you both a little more time to sit and watch the Ocean, and see the boats before you move. I always think these things happen for a reason, for some reason you need to stay put and wait to move just a little longer, hard as it is, you'll get to UK at the right time for you.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 3:59 am
mrs sully

Mrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really niceMrs Sully is just really nice

Mrs Sully...Thankyou I had a little cry after reading your post. If anyone on here learns anything from my problems it will make me very happy. Those forms can be very intimidating. My husband looked at the notes that went along with the form and guidance part 8. but not the full guidance notes. The strange thing was that when he initially sent in his form he didnt send the pictures because he thought the biometrics cover that, they never mentioned anything about other documents being missing from the package when they sent him an email asking for the pictures.
I have been ready all the info about what we have to do when we get to the UK, we will be ready the forms very carefully. My husband sends you both his best wishes, he couldn't believe it when I told him what had happen to you. Tomorrow is another day X
Old Oct 1st 2011, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

GoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of lightGoldCoastMag is a glorious beacon of light

Dear TT, Sad to hear of the delay in your plans but a such mistake can be rectified. When my oh got a denial it was for health reasons, and we really saw all our plans crashing with little chance of "paying and reapplying".

Luckily we managed to be persuasive enough to have a waiver approved, or we wouldnt be sitting here in the sunshine on the gold coast. The emotional stress is immeasurable. We had to gather and document all our arguments knowing how few are actually approved. Re applying in your application will mean crossing all the T's and dotting the I's but you will get there!

The whole process is fraught and you have had so much stress, also your poor hubby has been unwell too, I will be relieved for you when you can relax and live where you want to be.

Last edited by GoldCoastMag; Oct 1st 2011 at 4:30 am. Reason: misquote
Old Oct 1st 2011, 4:43 am
BE Forum Addict

GoldCoastMag....My brother and his wife got denied entry to Australia because of health reasons. Poor things they had even learnt Chinese so they could convert them.

Mrs Sully...Just make sure you read them more than once and when the forms are filled in make sure you both go over them together. Tomorrow is another day.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 6:48 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
No they haven't, Cheers. But then, you can find this anywhere in the world.

It's another pet peeve of mine. I wouldn't touch food like that! That's why I don't buy the bread and buns at Tesco that are out in the open, and I don't shop at open air markets, either. I don't want to eat food that other people have handled, sneezed upon, coughed over, etc. Might not bother some people, but it's not for me.
I can't believe you don't shop at markets!!

I love them and Denise maybe it's an American thing because most of your food is hermetically sealed or covered up with plastic and that's what you are used to??

And wow those Mr Kipling mince pies with custard look right up my street.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 6:49 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
Well I have something to top that.
I was in a bakers shop, in England, and I saw all these yellow jackets (wasps) swarming on the cakes in the glass case. I said something like "That is a health hazard" and they didn't respond but looked at me like I had two heads.
Have things changed any?
Yellow jackets.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 6:51 am
Home Sweet Home

Originally Posted by charleygirl
Well trotty just a quick reply here but I said to my friend ( of long standing) "Could you POP THE TRUNK FOR ME PLEASE" she just stood there and looked at me, as much to say Er English please...
Yes English please Denise , I have no idea what you are saying either.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.