Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Old Oct 1st 2011, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's+ MOVING BACK TO THE UK - Part II

Originally Posted by Beedubya
He's a Scouser.
Ahhhh yes indeed that does explain a lot about our friend cheers how come its taken me a couple of years on this thread to find that out

Hmmmm ahhh windsong, yes I wonder also what happened to her,

---- and I wish that young lady that left the U.S. to live in Malta would let us know how shes getting on, I wonder if she ever made it to England yet, her posts were always lovely to read, everyday was an adventure, its been so long since her last post, way over a year I think, its been so long I think Ive forgotten her name, was it Tracy? omg my memory is normally quite good (help please anyone) ----------- Ah Huh I think now its come back to me, its Anne in Malta isent it ?

Last edited by jasper123; Oct 1st 2011 at 10:48 pm. Reason: add words
Old Oct 1st 2011, 11:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dontheturner
Yes! I am that way too, as is my Thai Wife - don't you just hate the plastic?
We know which we would rather eat. Free range any time!
Not to mention all the contaminants food come into contact with as it goes through the machinery and along the conveyor belts before getting wrapped. Or the chemicals in this food to keep it "fresh". I know, I used to work for General Foods.

Yes, give me the farmer's market and free range food any day.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheers
No one has noticed that I may have had a foreign accent until recently and I think it is because I have been watching the BBC TV.
OK one word that I pronounce the English way, "work". I think I say "wirk". The US would sound like "wurk"
Americans used to make fun of the way I say my own name , Lin-da as opposed to their Lin-der. The nerve!
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

Rodney,

I think your right it is harder for a single man to make friends in a new place. Do you feel lonely? You always sound so nice on here and have a very positive attitude I hate to think of you feeling a bit isolated. Do you have any hobbies you could seek out clubs for? Its easier for women we have stuff like the WI to join, maybe check out library notice board to see if there's anything going on that you might enjoy and meet people at.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 6:15 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
That explains a lot
Don't get too carried away with the Scouse jokes as I am one too.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 6:17 am
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Ahhhh yes indeed that does explain a lot about our friend cheers how come its taken me a couple of years on this thread to find that out

Hmmmm ahhh windsong, yes I wonder also what happened to her,

---- and I wish that young lady that left the U.S. to live in Malta would let us know how shes getting on, I wonder if she ever made it to England yet, her posts were always lovely to read, everyday was an adventure, its been so long since her last post, way over a year I think, its been so long I think Ive forgotten her name, was it Tracy? omg my memory is normally quite good (help please anyone) ----------- Ah Huh I think now its come back to me, its Anne in Malta isent it ?
Yes Anna the whirlwind of positive thinking who was living in Malta the last time we heard from her. She was so lovely and send me some private messages when I was dithering about moving back to the UK.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Boodles, I've copied your posts and added them to another thread I have started on the subject of UK Spouse Visas.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732223

The info in them is great and could be really helpful to others who wouldn't come across them in the middle of this thread. If anyone has any other info or links that have helped in the Spouse Visa process for the UK please feel free to add to it.
Thanks for starting this new thread re UK spouse visas, Pollyanna. I'm sure it will be very helpful...

Tina
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DDL
Trotty, I popped over to the UK-Yankee site and found my post of the list of documentation I sent for my ILE when we first moved back to the UK last year.

I used a 3-ring binder, every numbered document was in a separate, clear plastic sleeve with a tab on it and corresponding number. I included a Table of Contents so they could look up each document quickly if they needed to, and of course I sent along a cover letter describing what I was applying for.

This is just a guide as your situation is different (i.e., you won't need to include any job-related information since you are both retired, but you therefore may need to include additional information with regard to your money situation) and some things (forms?) may have changed since then, but perhaps this will help you/your husband the next time around.

I was the Applicant; my husband was the Sponsor.
==================================================

Here's what I sent:

1. Original/VAF4 w/required photograph
2. Copy/ Biometrics Appointment sheet
3. Copy (certified)/Applicant’s birth certificate
4. Original/Applicant’s Current passport
5. Original/Applicant’s Expired passport
6. Copy (certified)/Sponsor’s passport details page
7. Copy (certified)/Sponsor’s [long-form] birth certificate
8. Copy (certified)/Marriage Certificate
9. Copies (certified)/Applicant and Sponsor’s divorce decrees
10. Evidence/Sponsor’s employment record
11. Copies/Sponsor’s pay slips
12. Copy/Sponsor’s CV
13. Evidence/Sponsor’s job search efforts to date
14. Evidence/Applicant’s employment record
15. Copies/Applicant’s pay slips
16. Copy/Applicant’s CV
17. Evidence/Applicant’s job search efforts to date
18. Support letter from Sponsor
10. Accommodation letter from family member in UK
20. Copies/Joint bank statements
21. Copies/Individual bank statements
22. Evidence/Additional income sources (Applicant and Sponsor)

Please note: Copies of past tax returns highly recommended.
DDL this is so helpful of you to post this for Trotty, I haven't checked Pollyanna's new UK Spouse Visa thread yet but I hope the info somehow gets moved or copied there as well.

Tina
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by trottytrue
TO YOU ALL.

The past two days have been really bad I thought selling and moving was bad but this was just the icing on top of the cake. But I have to say you people on here are the kindest most helpful I could ever wish to meet unfortunately I probably will never meet any of you but your are truly the best. I have been close to tears so many times this past couple of days and just getting on here and reading your replies really kept me grounded and not wanting to shoot someone.

I have never known such really good people who really care. Thankyou all.

Boodles and DDL the advice you sent me was really helpful.

Even when we are at our lowest we find something brings us back to were we need to be.

Most of you know that my husband apart from having the accident has been ill so it upset me to think that this would never have happened when he was feeling at his best. He was a most careful person.

So today I lost my temper with him and told him that apart from anything else the passport picture he sent in looked liked some indigent, his beard, the black eye he sported at the time of the picture being taken, the gap in his moustache on his upper lip were he had stitches and the missing tooth.
Well about an hour later he came out of the bathroom with no beard and no moustache. I felt like a heel.
Trotty, this touching post exemplifies all that's good about the forum, especially our lovely 50s & 60s corner.

Thank you for posting it.

It's so good to know you've felt such help from the support here, even at such a difficult time.

Your honest account of your emotional ups and downs--both with the process and with DH!-- is very meaningful and also, I believe, helpful to anyone contemplating this kind of life change.

Hope the visa thing sorts itself out and you're able to relax and enjoy the rental.

Tina
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mrs Sully
Dearest TT, don't be hard on yourself. What you are going through is like being in the eye of a cyclone, it is scary and unsettling. You are so courageous, that is why so many of us on BE admire you. This is a horrible stumbling block but keep your eye on the goal, you WILL get there. You and your husband have been through a lifetime together and sound like a good little team. So he made a mistake with the paperwork, that is understandable given his poor health. I'm just sad that the bureaucratic maze is so awful. I hope you can feel the hug I'm sending your way. You are the very reason the BE forum is so dynamic and we are all here for you.
beautifully said, Mrs Sully.

Tina
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 11:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bandrui
Believe me, the toxins in plastic wrapped food are significantly worse:

http://www.ecologycenter.org/factshe...theffects.html
bandrui,
Well done on finding this link about the bad health affects from plastics and plastic wrapped food, it certainly opens your eyes, makes you think dont it how people ever got on before plastic was invented,

I would love to own my own farm, and grow my own veggies (all of them) and raise my own chickens and pigs and cattle, everything fresh including eggs, bake my own bread, make my own apple pies with the apples picked from my own trees, Ohhh wouldn't it be so nice to just get back to basics,
I have always admired the Amish people, the true basic living, and where the family life is something indeed to be envied, where all the kids and parents and elders (ACTUALLY) sit around the table for every meal including breakfast, where the kids dont even have that word (whatever) in there vocabulary, not to mention all the swear words,
Ahhh yes indeed back to basics, ----- I would enjoy that simple good life, but I would have to add just a few mod cons like a T.V. and definitely a computer, and maybe a wireless (radio) ----- so I would have to have electricity, and a boiler so I have hot water, and fresh water, and sewage, but thinking about it I could do without everything else really, I would love to have a nice horse and cart for my only transportation, Im in no hurry to get from a to b, Im retired
And have you heard the news over here lately that the government is going to raise the speed limit on motorways from 70 to 80 mph, they think that it would improve the economy if people got to there destination 10 minutes earlier what? well I cant make any sense of that can you?

No forget all this modern stuff, I think the whole world should get back to basics, and for starters take away all the cell phones and texting capability from the teenagers, wow wouldn't it be great to see all there faces, they wouldn't have a clue what to do when they are eating there dinner and while were at it take away there Ipads, ------- and I think there credit cards too OMG how would they survive, Oh and there calculators too, let them try and add subtract multiply and divide using a pen and a piece of paper ------ WOW what a compleat novelty that would be for them

I hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday, here in the British Isles the Sun is shining brightly without a single cloud in the sky and without a breath of wind and 80 degrees again, Hmmmm I could get used to this weather
Rodney.
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=jasper123;9652728]bandrui,
Well done on finding this link about the bad health affects from plastics and ry a

PS Rodney - And wouldn't it be good, if they banned the Hooded Coats, black Glasses, and The wearing of Caps, back to front, and of course hats, at the table when eating! - Too much to expect, I fear. Don
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 11:39 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

and while were at it take away there Ipads
Hey! Keep your hands off my iPad!

I hope you're letting middle-aged people keep theirs
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to beholdGabgoeshome is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=dontheturner;9652738]
bandrui,
Well done on finding this link about the bad health affects from plastics and ry a

PS Rodney - And wouldn't it be good, if they banned the Hooded Coats, black Glasses, and The wearing of Caps, back to front, and of course hats, at the table when eating! - Too much to expect, I fear. Don
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Gabgoeshome;9652826]
Originally Posted by dontheturner

Wowee! A lovely girl - after my own heart. Don

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.