Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by Mallory
Just go to www.zillow.com Then type the address in where it says: Find Homes, and hit go. It should bring the house up.
You can also move around on the map and the value of each surrounding house will be shown.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:14 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, both, easy when you know how!
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:18 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
If the house is out in the country, it may not yet be on the map. Also, if the house hasn't changed hands for years, there may be no information on it. I guess they get the info from the court house records.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:18 pm
Home Sweet Home

Beedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond reputeBeedubya has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hi Jerseygirl, trottytrue, mummy in the foothills, aesi, and Barb, and everyone else,
Thanx sooooo much to ya all for all your support and advice on my U.S. citizenship interview tomorrow Wednesday,
I love this thread, everyone is wonderful, I have been here since it began for the over 50,s and thanx trottytrue for starting this thread, it WAS you was it not who started it?
Rodney.
Yes it was Trottytrue who started this fantastic thread for which we should all be indebted

How did you go Rodney with your citizenship thingie??

Barb
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

How are your plans proceeding?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:53 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
How are your plans proceeding?
I'll know more in about a month or so ...

... sorry for being elusive (but I appreciate you asking), I'm superstitious of jinxing myself, and don't want to get all publicly wrapped up in possibilities that may not pan out - plus, I just need to focus on surviving my current situation (job doing my head in is #1 problem), and I find daydreaming of escape doesn't help me any.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll know more in about a month or so ...

... sorry for being elusive (but I appreciate you asking), I'm superstitious of jinxing myself, and don't want to get all publicly wrapped up in possibilities that may not pan out - plus, I just need to focus on surviving my current situation (job doing my head in is #1 problem), and I find daydreaming of escape doesn't help me any.
I totally understand, good to know that you have some possibile irons in the fire though.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

wingandapray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jmh
I would double check that. I have two passports and have not had any problem entering on either. However you may find the visa you need to re-enter UK on a US passport will cost as much as the extra expense of renewing your UK passport from there, and of course you can't use the EU passport holders queue which moves a lot quicker than the one for those pesky foreigners!!.
Our situation-Husband has British passport, I have Australian passport but I am a British citizen, Son has Australian passport, daughter has British passport-Should we ALL have a British passports? Or what we have will be OK?? Going from Melbourne back to UK. Thanks for any advice.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

wingandapray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Grayling
Don't bother flea.

This poster is wanting to go to Australia so has obviously lost all capacity for rational thought.
I can agree with that-He'll love the "footy" and the pommie bashing.....
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:10 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wingandapray
I can agree with that-He'll love the "footy" and the pommie bashing.....

I;d get everyone their british passports, no need to get stuck in immigration that way and you know you'll be let in right?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi trottytrue, My interview is this Wednesday in just two days, I feel comfortable with all the questions, just hope it all goes nice and smooth,
keep your fingers crossed for me, and I will do the same for you on 10th Feb,
Rodney.
PS I will give you and everyone a quick run through of my interview experience and tell you how it all went for me after Its all over,
Hi trottytrue and all the wonderful people out there that wished me good luck, and gave me support for my interview,
Well I am very happy to report that I passed the interview and civics questions with flying colors, and my Naturalization Oath ceremony is on Febuary 5th at 7.45am so not long to wait just another 15 days thats all,
My appointment was for 1pm and my name was called just 5 minutes after I arrived, my interview and civics test lasted only 20minutes, he was a nice guy but very efficient fast and right to the point, he first went through my application one page at a time, asked me a few questions about my past, I had a few minor arrests 25 to 30 years ago that just resulted in small fines, which included being caught smoking a joint in Reno in 1979 $100 fine, and a DUI in California in 1984 $600 fine, but because these were so long ago and since then my record has been completely clean he said these past issues are no longer relevant, Phew !!! I can tell you all that those words were a big wait off my mind, because I was really worried about those few mistakes I made when I was a young wippersnapper,
Then he got to the fact that I stated on my application that I still owe the IRS money from back years, 5 years in all, I was asked to produce a sighned letter from IRS showing my currently uncollectible status that they put me in ---- which I brought with me, and because I have filed on time and not owed any money for the passed 5 years he said that is fine,
So reviewing my application was done, and then he said just relax and now we will begin the civics test, he asked me to read one 6 word sentence that was written on a peice of paper, then he verbally said a sentence which I had to write down, and then he started in on the government questions, he asked me 6 questions and as I awnsered all 6 correct he said that we will stop here because you only have to get 6 out of 10 right and you have done that,
Honestly everyone I have been studying all 100 questions every day for two weeks and I knew that I would have no problem with the test, but having said that those 6 questions were so easy, things that you know automatically if you have lived in U.S. for sometime just by looking at the news on TV for years,
So trottytrue dont you worry at all about your interview on 10th Feb you will pass with flying colors, its very easy and only takes 15 or 20 minutes, they expect you to be nervous, everyone is, I was so very nervous too, but no worries, you will be fine, and anyone else that is going to there interview or are applying for there citizenship soon, just go ahead, get it over with, if I can pass at 64 and with past issues on my record so can anyone,
The secret is when you fill in your application you absolutely must be honest with every question that is asked, thats it, and to also be equally honest in all your awnsers at your interview, do not try to hide anything that is in your past,
because they know everything about you from the moment you stepped foot in the country, everyone makes mistakes in life, thats normal, its called life !!!
So thats my 5 eggs mates
I am over the moon about passing, I cant really put this feeling I have into words, when I was driving away from the building I was screaming knowing that it was all over and I had passed, I was so happy, luckily the windows in my car were up and my stereo was blasting out otherwise people would have looked at me a little odd LOL (:
Rodney.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi trottytrue and all the wonderful people out there that wished me good luck, and gave me support for my interview,
Well I am very happy to report that I passed the interview and civics questions with flying colors, and my Naturalization Oath ceremony is on Febuary 5th at 7.45am so not long to wait just another 15 days thats all,
My appointment was for 1pm and my name was called just 5 minutes after I arrived, my interview and civics test lasted only 20minutes, he was a nice guy but very efficient fast and right to the point, he first went through my application one page at a time, asked me a few questions about my past, I had a few minor arrests 25 to 30 years ago that just resulted in small fines, which included being caught smoking a joint in Reno in 1979 $100 fine, and a DUI in California in 1984 $600 fine, but because these were so long ago and since then my record has been completely clean he said these past issues are no longer relevant, Phew !!! I can tell you all that those words were a big wait off my mind, because I was really worried about those few mistakes I made when I was a young wippersnapper,
Then he got to the fact that I stated on my application that I still owe the IRS money from back years, 5 years in all, I was asked to produce a sighned letter from IRS showing my currently uncollectible status that they put me in ---- which I brought with me, and because I have filed on time and not owed any money for the passed 5 years he said that is fine,
So reviewing my application was done, and then he said just relax and now we will begin the civics test, he asked me to read one 6 word sentence that was written on a peice of paper, then he verbally said a sentence which I had to write down, and then he started in on the government questions, he asked me 6 questions and as I awnsered all 6 correct he said that we will stop here because you only have to get 6 out of 10 right and you have done that,
Honestly everyone I have been studying all 100 questions every day for two weeks and I knew that I would have no problem with the test, but having said that those 6 questions were so easy, things that you know automatically if you have lived in U.S. for sometime just by looking at the news on TV for years,
So trottytrue dont you worry at all about your interview on 10th Feb you will pass with flying colors, its very easy and only takes 15 or 20 minutes, they expect you to be nervous, everyone is, I was so very nervous too, but no worries, you will be fine, and anyone else that is going to there interview or are applying for there citizenship soon, just go ahead, get it over with, if I can pass at 64 and with past issues on my record so can anyone,
The secret is when you fill in your application you absolutely must be honest with every question that is asked, thats it, and to also be equally honest in all your awnsers at your interview, do not try to hide anything that is in your past,
because they know everything about you from the moment you stepped foot in the country, everyone makes mistakes in life, thats normal, its called life !!!
So thats my 5 eggs mates
I am over the moon about passing, I cant really put this feeling I have into words, when I was driving away from the building I was screaming knowing that it was all over and I had passed, I was so happy, luckily the windows in my car were up and my stereo was blasting out otherwise people would have looked at me a little odd LOL (:
Rodney.
Oh I forgot to say that I mailed my application with the $675 application fee on November 29th and my oath cermony is on Feb 5th so thats just 9 weeks from start to finish for me, and that IS very fast, but then other parts of the country can be a little longer, all acording where you live, I live in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Rodney.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 11:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Jasper123.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

Many congrats, Jasper 123 I know how you feel, I still remember mine in November!!! BTW I didn't have to read or write anything, wonder why some do and some don't?
Old Jan 21st 2010, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I guess you are (at the time of writing) at the USCIS office right now having your interview, test and possibly taking the oath?

I'm sure you will pass with flying colours!

All the Best...and congratulations in advance!

(How do you plan to celebrate? Have you got some champagne on ice?)

Englishmum
Hi Englishmum,
Well its over, I passed with flying colors, it was really easy, only lasted 20 minutes for the whole interview and test, my Oath ceremony is Feb 5th at 7.45am,
You asked if I plan to celebrate, after the interview yesterday my friend and I went to a casino here in Vegas where I live and he treated me to a filet mignon & lobster dinner, you should have seen this giant lobster tail, and nice desert after, wine too, the whole nine yards,
then I came home and just celebrated on my own for the rest of the nite, just a few shots of Bacardi, and a couple of beers, watched a couple of good movies on Showtime & HBO,
Thanx again for your support,
Take care,
Rodney.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.