Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Wikiposts

OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Old Jun 26th 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Originally Posted by teatime
Hi everyone, I have only posted a few times, but have followed everyone of your journeys, and am in complete awe at the courage everyone of you possess in following your dreams. I have lived in Canada 30 years and love the country but it is not a good fit for me. At the beginning it was a marvelous adventure, the summer was fantastic, everything was so big and new, and it felt like a new beginning. We had no money and a new baby, life was very hard no friends etc. but we stuck at it, we thought it was the best we could do for our children (had another one), and our children have done well. My husband and I have never been close to our families, but the loss of family for our children has been hard, a lot harder than I like to think about now. Well the busy years passed raising the children and then they left home, and I had time to think about what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life. I was struck with the emptiness, and loneliness I had felt but kept suppressed all those years. I had always been an adventuress girl and loved to travel, and meet new people, so I didn't think I would have trouble fitting in. Boy was I ever wrong! At the beginning I thought everyone in Canada was more friendly, nicer than people back in the UK, and thought how lucky I was to be here until I realized it was all superficial. My philosophy in life had always been to be a good friend to get a good friend. Sadly it hasn't worked out that way, and I am tired and have suffered through depression. I was out of work for over a year and have just found a new job, which I absolutely hate, it is a good job but I just can't handle the people anymore. I am for the most part ignored, or ridiculed for being English behind my back. I read Beedubyas? quote about the dance and music and it was like a light bulb went off in my head - I thought my god what have I done with my life I never used to follow the crowd I have been living a lie trying to fit in -NOT ANYMORE I just can't take this crap anymore it has destroyed me. So today sat down with my husband and we have decided to return home in two years, as soon as we get our citizenship. I want to thank you all for helping me find me again, and stop being frightened of the future. Life is for the living and I am not living but I am alive and I am determined that my husband and I are going to enjoy the last part of life's journey. It will be with a heavy heart leaving my beloved children but they have started their journey and we gave them wings to fly so I have to let go. One of the biggest regrets is that I have grown up away from my mum, and the last part of my life will be without my children. I have no doubts life in the UK will be hard, but to be able to walk down a street and just have someone say hello.......was back last year for a vacation, and had more conversations in two weeks than in ten years here. Sorry for rambling on for so long, I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for sharing it has meant so much to me over the last couple of weeks, you have been my life line, and my therapy lol. I really don't think I have ever come across better people - you are the best and I wish you all good luck and happiness in your new lives.
Good Luck to you Teatime, and well put, many of us are walking in your shoes, Im glad you found this site and you are right its full of wonderful people all with a common goal, sanity, purpose in life and Happiness, Im so happy you sat down with your husband and made the decision, I hope your dreams come true, I wish you well.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:02 pm
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Teatime
Yes, you have found the 'lifeline' here. It is such a lonely decision that we have to make and it really helps to have such a caring, genuine, group of friends behind us and going through the same issues. It is so much easier to talk with others who really understand all the complications, the heartbreaks and the happiness. Welcome!
About the food on the QM2. Yes, its all inclusive, except if you want Todd English or exra burgers and such from the deck grill. Alcohol is separate as well. Believe me, you wont go hungry. You have so much choice and so much food and its all so lovely!! We never ate so posh and so much.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

ex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really niceex brummy is just really nice
Lightbulb Re: OVER 50's & 60's MOVING BACK TO THE UK.

Hi everyone, I have only posted a few times, but have followed everyone of your journeys, and am in complete awe at the courage everyone of you possess in following your dreams. I have lived in Canada 30 years and love the country but it is not a good fit for me. At the beginning it was a marvelous adventure, the summer was fantastic, everything was so big and new, and it felt like a new beginning. We had no money and a new baby, life was very hard no friends etc. but we stuck at it, we thought it was the best we could do for our children (had another one), and our children have done well. My husband and I have never been close to our families, but the loss of family for our children has been hard, a lot harder than I like to think about now. Well the busy years passed raising the children and then they left home, and I had time to think about what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life. I was struck with the emptiness, and loneliness I had felt but kept suppressed all those years. I had always been an adventuress girl and loved to travel, and meet new people, so I didn't think I would have trouble fitting in. Boy was I ever wrong! At the beginning I thought everyone in Canada was more friendly, nicer than people back in the UK, and thought how lucky I was to be here until I realized it was all superficial. My philosophy in life had always been to be a good friend to get a good friend. Sadly it hasn't worked out that way, and I am tired and have suffered through depression. I was out of work for over a year and have just found a new job, which I absolutely hate, it is a good job but I just can't handle the people anymore. I am for the most part ignored, or ridiculed for being English behind my back. I read Beedubyas? quote about the dance and music and it was like a light bulb went off in my head - I thought my god what have I done with my life I never used to follow the crowd I have been living a lie trying to fit in -NOT ANYMORE I just can't take this crap anymore it has destroyed me. So today sat down with my husband and we have decided to return home in two years, as soon as we get our citizenship. I want to thank you all for helping me find me again, and stop being frightened of the future. Life is for the living and I am not living but I am alive and I am determined that my husband and I are going to enjoy the last part of life's journey. It will be with a heavy heart leaving my beloved children but they have started their journey and we gave them wings to fly so I have to let go. One of the biggest regrets is that I have grown up away from my mum, and the last part of my life will be without my children. I have no doubts life in the UK will be hard, but to be able to walk down a street and just have someone say hello.......was back last year for a vacation, and had more conversations in two weeks than in ten years here. Sorry for rambling on for so long, I just wanted to thank each and everyone of you for sharing it has meant so much to me over the last couple of weeks, you have been my life line, and my therapy lol. I really don't think I have ever come across better people - you are the best and I wish you all good luck and happiness in your new lives.
Teatime

This brought tears to my eyes. I could have written that myself - you've said it all.

Good luck and you're so right about this site, an inspiration to all of us long suffering souls trying to fit in year in and year out.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Easterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond reputeEasterndawn has a reputation beyond repute

Good Morning TeaTime, you brought tears to my eyes as all the old feelings that I had in Canada came rushing back. I always felt like a child on the outside of candy store looking in and never being able to taste, people with whom I thought were good friends were never really friends at all. I have two new friends that I have met here since arriving and I know that if I needed either of them they would help in anyway they can, that to me is true freindship.
I am happy for you that you have finally made the decision to come home and yes, it will be hard with the kids but as you say we have given our children wings to fly. If there is anything I can do, please let me know either by pm or on this thread.

Last edited by Easterndawn; Jun 26th 2010 at 9:25 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2010, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Relocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud ofRelocateme has much to be proud of

Hello All...Relocateme here!
Have read thru most of the posts but only had a cursory perusal..good to see everyone still on track with the dream ...hi to all the newcomers and hello to many old friends. I have researched the sheltered housing as well which was great info posted by DDL..thanx

Here's my update:
Left Brum after a 6 week stay with an old schoolchum on May 17th and flew out Emirates to Perth
Visited with family (aunt and uncle) in Rockingham and to help them pack up and move out (going back to UK).movers came two days ago.
Now we are up in Dawesville. I will be here til July 26th, then fly back to UK and hopefully travelling the historical EU. My aunt and uncle will fly back to UK to settle in Tamworth from where they left 20yrs ago
I can't speak highly enough of the Emirates airline...everything top notch. Not once did the crew try to sell us anything, a huge departure from Air Transat "headphones for purchase!"..like being in the marketplace. The food and quantities were excellent. Large in-seat TV screens where you can watch your own choice of movie ...latest were available. Crew so obliging, well-dressed and professional.
Well, I have now seen my Western Australia area but the lifestyle does not top Canada. The nights close in to dusk at 4.30 and pitch black by 6pm. Street lighting very sparse out here. They say it does not stay much lighter in the summertime either around 8pm or so..the days activity ends very quickly. The beaches are nice and much of the lifestyle is centred around the ocean. Going inland its mostly houses for miles and new developments of more red-tiled homes and then scrub and gorse, strange trees and birds sounding like cats (no melodic songbirds) a little like South America and Cuba...done it..seen all the didgerydoos and billabongs I want to see,..so I seek another adventure in the next few weeks..

Good to read everyones tales of their journey and expectations...Boy the earth and all it has to offer never fails to surprise!
My personal note is that I was in UK when the first woman PM Margaret Thatcher came in. .I was in Canada when Kim Campbell became the first woman PM and now I am in Oz when Julia Gillard the first woman PM arrives..Wow!
Old Jun 27th 2010, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

charleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond reputecharleygirl has a reputation beyond repute

This forum has been a lifeline for me too, although I only joined recently I have read this thread for months.....
teatime, i also had tears for you because although I have only been here 13 years it could have been me writing that, my children are now 18 and 19 and already very independant.....
I have gained so much strength from the people on this forum.
good luck and dont let anything stand in your way.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

poppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nicepoppycat is just really nice

Originally Posted by dunroving
I think this summer is already fully booked up for pets (I'm pretty sure a couple of threads have said this). Not trying to burst anyone's bubble and hope I'm wrong, but as Englishmum says, I'd hurry and do it now (or find out now), just in case.
Dunroving is correct. I checked with Cunard last week via email (taking my Golden Retriever back to Scotland early next year), and not only was I told the remainder of this year is fully booked, apparently 2011 is "almost" fully booked too (to quote Cunard). Of course there may be cancellations, however that's not a given.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 2:23 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Teatime..Glad to made the decision to go home thats the hardest part realizing that you do not want to spend the rest of your life sitting on the sideline looking on. Now comes the difficult time deciding what you want to take with you clearing out and selling up. Two years might sound like a long time but its not you need to make a list of 'things to do' and a time line.

I have made quite a few mistakes instead of making do with things that might be not quite in the best working order buying new. Try not to do that you are only benefiting someone else. Wait till you get home. If your selling your home start getting it in selling condition, make sure to keep receipts for things you do to the house and put them in a file.

Cleaning chimneys,
Boiler cleaning.
Cess pool draining
Radon testing

We are just going through the procedure of signing up for selling the house and those of just a few of the things they ask you to sign off on. They want to see proof you have kept things current. There seem to be alot more rules and regulations.

People in the US can be very strange I suppose it depends on where you live I let my neighbours dogs out a few times a week as she works not for money. She ask me would I mind. Yesterday I was trimming the hedge at the top of the driveway and I know she saw me but she purposely chose to leave the house without even saying hello. Twice she did it, so I am good enough to let the dogs out but not good enough to bother to say hello to. I just give up. I can walk up and down the street and people just keep their heads down and never bother with a friendly greeting.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

Wawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really niceWawa is just really nice

Hi Teatime,
Welcome to the forum, you will find it interesting, informative and most of all will give you the strength, friendship and inspiration when you need it.
Your post brought everything home, as I too suffered in the workplace, even though I love my job, it took years to be accepted and trusted by co-workers. Even now they still take the mickey out of my accent!! I also struggle to find true friends, and after 5 years nothing has changed.
Where in Canada are you living?
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Teatime,
Yes I also had tears reading your post, very well put too, I live in Las vegas but soon in November I will start the last chapter of my life in England, and when I booked my flight home I was absolutely certain that it was my time to return home,

In the 36 years that I have been in this country I have gone from young to old man, just like everyone does no matter where you live,

But when I was thinking last year whether I really wanted to go home after all this time away, and weighing up all the pros & cons, at my age of now 65, I came up withthe conclusion that it was a no brainer, this was exactly the right time for me, so then I knew that I wanted to go back to my roots, Im lucky cause I do have quite a few people in my family still alive over there,
I have no family here in US,

I have been living in Vegas for 14 years and in that time I have made three friends, two of which moved permenently to Seattle,Wa, a few months ago, leaving one friend still here, well a couple of days ago I lost him as a friend through something very silly, I wont go into details but I have known him for 9 years and he has been a really great friend all that time,
But it made me think --- now I have not one friend here in USA, I have always had at least one friend here, so for me this is unknown territory and it does not feel good,

Thank goodness that last August I found this thread, in that time it has grown from just a few of us that were posting each other to a very large Family of wonderful people with so much experience and wisdom, and we all help each other with advice and any kind of knowledge about certain things that we can share with others,
When people are down on here there are so many that try to bring that person up again, and feeling good about themselves and there life again,

I for one do not no what I would have done at times without all of you nice people to talk to, and I thank you all for that,

I wish everyone on this thread good luck, those that have already left and are on there first few weeks in UK and people like Ed/pegie who has been there for a while and has gone through hell at times, but she just keeps on going, she's relentless,

And to Anna in Malta at the moment, sending us her tells and adventures,

There are so many that have left to go home just recently,

And to Barb who went back home and lived a year there but she missed her family so much who she left behind in Australia so her heart brought her back to Oz,

And I wish good luck and happiness to all those that are looking forward to going back home to UK shortly like me, and to those who are just getting ready to leave in a few days or weeks,

And to all those who have made the decision to return home but because of circumstances cant leave just yet, I wish you all good luck and dont let anything get in the way, just do it when you can,

None of us on here are getting any younger, and we all have our own reasons for wanting to go back home, but we all share one same thing and that is we are all pioneers at heart, if we were not we would have never even left UK to come to the adopted country that we chose,

Take care all,
Rodney.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:30 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
Teatime..Glad to made the decision to go home thats the hardest part realizing that you do not want to spend the rest of your life sitting on the sideline looking on. Now comes the difficult time deciding what you want to take with you clearing out and selling up. Two years might sound like a long time but its not you need to make a list of 'things to do' and a time line.

I have made quite a few mistakes instead of making do with things that might be not quite in the best working order buying new. Try not to do that you are only benefiting someone else. Wait till you get home. If your selling your home start getting it in selling condition, make sure to keep receipts for things you do to the house and put them in a file.

Cleaning chimneys,
Boiler cleaning.
Cess pool draining
Radon testing

We are just going through the procedure of signing up for selling the house and those of just a few of the things they ask you to sign off on. They want to see proof you have kept things current. There seem to be alot more rules and regulations.

People in the US can be very strange I suppose it depends on where you live I let my neighbours dogs out a few times a week as she works not for money. She ask me would I mind. Yesterday I was trimming the hedge at the top of the driveway and I know she saw me but she purposely chose to leave the house without even saying hello. Twice she did it, so I am good enough to let the dogs out but not good enough to bother to say hello to. I just give up. I can walk up and down the street and people just keep their heads down and never bother with a friendly greeting.
Yes sounds like our neighborhood. I always think it's weird some days they shout to you and say hi when you are busy doing something and not looking who's about and other they obviously see you and turn and ignore you. Very odd. The only time I scoot and hide is when they catch me out in my PJ's letting out the chickens, but even then I'll wave if they wave first
Dh is getting the house ready, he amazes me, it all freshly painted outside, bar a couple bits of trim on the dormer windows, he went up to do those and came down quick, he said the roof was too hot and he burned his bum
This fall he's getting the boats ready to sell, in plenty of time for a 2012 departure (we hope) They will go so cheap in this economy, who wouldn't want the boat mechanics own boats, they've been babied and kept in pristine condition.
Now he's talking of re painting the interior bar the kids rooms (they were both done recently) The new bathroom basin and mirror cabinets are taking up space in my room and it's next on the list.
Still not sure wht we'll do with the carpets, they need to be replaced, do we give a carpet credit and let the new people do it, or do it neutral beige like it is.
All the prep is exciting and nerve racking.
Old Jun 27th 2010, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Back home now in my home town in England U.K. after 36 years in U.S. now retired and loving it,
jasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond reputejasper123 has a reputation beyond repute

And a very Big thank you to our founder who did all the work to start this thread ------ Trottytrue,
Old Jun 27th 2010, 4:37 am
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jasper123
Hello Teatime,
Yes I also had tears reading your post, very well put too, I live in Las vegas but soon in November I will start the last chapter of my life in England, and when I booked my flight home I was absolutely certain that it was my time to return home,

In the 36 years that I have been in this country I have gone from young to old man, just like everyone does no matter where you live,

But when I was thinking last year whether I really wanted to go home after all this time away, and weighing up all the pros & cons, at my age of now 65, I came up withthe conclusion that it was a no brainer, this was exactly the right time for me, so then I knew that I wanted to go back to my roots, Im lucky cause I do have quite a few people in my family still alive over there,
I have no family here in US,

I have been living in Vegas for 14 years and in that time I have made three friends, two of which moved permenently to Seattle,Wa, a few months ago, leaving one friend still here, well a couple of days ago I lost him as a friend through something very silly, I wont go into details but I have known him for 9 years and he has been a really great friend all that time,
But it made me think --- now I have not one friend here in USA, I have always had at least one friend here, so for me this is unknown territory and it does not feel good,

Thank goodness that last August I found this thread, in that time it has grown from just a few of us that were posting each other to a very large Family of wonderful people with so much experience and wisdom, and we all help each other with advice and any kind of knowledge about certain things that we can share with others,
When people are down on here there are so many that try to bring that person up again, and feeling good about themselves and there life again,

I for one do not no what I would have done at times without all of you nice people to talk to, and I thank you all for that,

I wish everyone on this thread good luck, those that have already left and are on there first few weeks in UK and people like Ed/pegie who has been there for a while and has gone through hell at times, but she just keeps on going, she's relentless,

And to Anna in Malta at the moment, sending us her tells and adventures,

There are so many that have left to go home just recently,

And to Barb who went back home and lived a year there but she missed her family so much who she left behind in Australia so her heart brought her back to Oz,

And I wish good luck and happiness to all those that are looking forward to going back home to UK shortly like me, and to those who are just getting ready to leave in a few days or weeks,

And to all those who have made the decision to return home but because of circumstances cant leave just yet, I wish you all good luck and dont let anything get in the way, just do it when you can,

None of us on here are getting any younger, and we all have our own reasons for wanting to go back home, but we all share one same thing and that is we are all pioneers at heart, if we were not we would have never even left UK to come to the adopted country that we chose,

Take care all,
Rodney.
Well said Rodney, we are all pioneers at heart. I think that can be a problem sometimes. I have always thought that the human race is made up of shepherds and sheep. We expats are, of course, all shepherds by default. It is unfortunately the sheep who sometimes go astray and follow the flock and not the shepherd - as in friends going along with the others and not with us any more. So sorry to hear you have 'lost' your one and only friend left near you, I know how good he has been to you in the past, and hopefully, this silly thing between you will fade away and things will get back to normal. But if not, it is understandable, as I say, sheep and shepherds, and you would probably find once you are back home in the UK that he would fade away back to his US flock and lose touch with you. I have found that since moving to Malta. Those so called few true friends in the US are becoming puffy clouds going further and further away from me, as if I have moved to another planet! I mean, come on now, doesn't an email travel the same distance to Malta as it would in the US? It seems not, my US friends are somehow unable to relate to me on my new adventure. Those that don't travel seem to lose interest with those who do, the expats plight.

BTW torn between two countries by birth (Germany and England), I did cheer on Germany today in the world cup. Sorry folks, I felt I had to!!! I sat amongst Maltese, Germans and English at the outdoor cafe near me here. We were all very friendly and no fights erupted!! Good game it was! Now, who will I cheer for in Wimbledon???
Old Jun 27th 2010, 4:39 am
BE Enthusiast

aes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud ofaes1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jasper123
And a very Big thank you to our founder who did all the work to start this thread ------ Trottytrue,
I second that, where would we all be without this thread and Trottytrue
Old Jun 27th 2010, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou Rodney still think it was a matter of who got to do it first someone else would have done it eventually. But I am glad of all the help and talk the sight has generated. So many helpful hints.

Mummy in the foothills...We did paint and do all that freshen up stuff but I think on looking back I am not sure I would have bothered with carpet and done as you say and give a credit the problem was the carpet that was down was so worn and dirty we thought it would put people off but give how much we have to drop the price it does make me wonder. After much persuading I did get my OH to agree to change the carpet in the bedroom from a terrible dark turquoise green to beige. That does look much better but the carpet we replaced 3 years ago is starting to look a bit jaded but once I get the hoover to it that does the trick. The front room carpet never got replaced I am just going to shampoo it. That is a light beige, get dirty quick....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.