Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Wikiposts

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:33 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
You shall go to the ball
Ooh that would be fab, I hope my crystal slippers are Jimmy Choos....................
Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:52 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Ta muchly! Nope she didn't turn up but I've had quite a bit of interest so fingers crossed it sells soon - the last hurdle!!!! No not DT but he's a hottie too
Sorry love..but DT is all mine !! Okay, so I have to share him with his wife and daughter, but hey...there's always weekends..

Glad to hear everything is slotting into place...definitely won't be long and things will go so much easier now...
Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:57 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Sorry love..but DT is all mine !! Okay, so I have to share him with his wife and daughter, but hey...there's always weekends..

Glad to hear everything is slotting into place...definitely won't be long and things will go so much easier now...
Lol! He's lovely, I love that sketch he did with Catherine Tate's 'Lauren Cooper' might have been for Comic Relief? Funny as!!!

Cheers love, today has been better, sometimes when it gets so crap I like to think it's the universe's way of letting me know I'm doing the right thing. You know I'm not under any illusions but I certainly have no doubts at all now, I'm looking forward to getting home and getting on with my life
Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:00 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Lol! He's lovely, I love that sketch he did with Catherine Tate's 'Lauren Cooper' might have been for Comic Relief? Funny as!!!

Cheers love, today has been better, sometimes when it gets so crap I like to think it's the universe's way of letting me know I'm doing the right thing. You know I'm not under any illusions but I certainly have no doubts at all now, I'm looking forward to getting home and getting on with my life
Sir, Sir....is it double English, or double Scottish...are you the Dr sir??

That was SO hysterical !

A big to getting home ! I'm sure that once you leave the crap behind you...the new life back home will just blossom !
Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:01 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Was watching a programme on TV yesterday about the Australian emergency services, Ambulances, Air Ambulances etc, thought you might have been on, but it was NSW.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 3:06 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh that would be fab, I hope my crystal slippers are Jimmy Choos....................
I'm fairly sure they'll be on your shoe rack in the wardrobe when you get to your flat. Unless your mum's worn them all out before you get there
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:39 am
Practical Paramedic

So just heard from Mum and everything delivered as arranged BUT my beautiful, antique mirrored top coffee table I bought in Paris years ago has been completely smashed - I'm so upset! It's irreplaceable even though I did take out insurance. I've moved 5 times and never had anything broken before so I'm not bloody happy. Damn Wridgeways, won't be recommending them to anyone, specifically asked them to take really good care of that one item.

Now Mum said they didn't leave her any paperwork but said they'd 'tell the office' it was broken and I have to contact the company in Brisbane that I used. Surely she should have been left some signed paperwork to confirm this??? I've a feeling this isn't going to go well - anyone had any experience with this please? Advice needed ta!
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:49 am
Yorkshire Lass

So just heard from Mum and everything delivered as arranged BUT my beautiful, antique mirrored top coffee table I bought in Paris years ago has been completely smashed - I'm so upset! It's irreplaceable even though I did take out insurance. I've moved 5 times and never had anything broken before so I'm not bloody happy. Damn Wridgeways, won't be recommending them to anyone, specifically asked them to take really good care of that one item.

Now Mum said they didn't leave her any paperwork but said they'd 'tell the office' it was broken and I have to contact the company in Brisbane that I used. Surely she should have been left some signed paperwork to confirm this??? I've a feeling this isn't going to go well - anyone had any experience with this please? Advice needed ta!
I would recommend calling them ASAP! They really should have left some paperwork with your Mum, with the manifest to show WHAT was delivered. They're supposed to get her to sign something saying that everything was delivered and in GOOD condition on arrival. So call them straight away or else they can turn around and say that nothing was said on arrival and that it could have been broken AFTER delivery.

I'm so sorry to hear about this love...it must be SO annoying! I know it's irreplaceable but you'd think with all the years of experience these people have, they would know how to ship delicate items like that. But get onto them ASAP and make a claim and then tear a strip or two off them.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:53 am
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Miss Betty,

Sorry to hear about your table. Can the glass be replaced in the frame of the coffee table?

Our movers lost a box (since been located), but I didn't know it was missing until I had finished opening all of the boxes, which I did after the movers had left. I just sent an e-mail to my contact in Canada and he got the ball rolling. I didn't have to make an insurance claim, but when I read the insurance documents, I noticed that I had to file a claim within 45 days of receiving my shipment.

Best of luck with dealing the movers/insurers. Hope things will be plain sailing from here on in.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Take pictures, take pictures and fast. Take pictures preferably with something that time and date stamps or in the alternative use the old fashioned method of a copy of today's newspaper. Not that good but better than nothing. Your Mum really should have had a piece of paperwork from them otherwise as you say its possibly not going to go well. it does go well.

As an fyi to anyone moving as a veteran of many prior military moves +10 I always take pictures before items are packed and during the packing process. It seems to concentrate the mind of the packers A bit 'anal' maybe but its worked so far!

Last edited by vikingsail; Apr 11th 2013 at 5:58 am.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 6:33 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Take pictures, take pictures and fast. Take pictures preferably with something that time and date stamps or in the alternative use the old fashioned method of a copy of today's newspaper. Not that good but better than nothing. Your Mum really should have had a piece of paperwork from them otherwise as you say its possibly not going to go well. it does go well.

As an fyi to anyone moving as a veteran of many prior military moves +10 I always take pictures before items are packed and during the packing process. It seems to concentrate the mind of the packers A bit 'anal' maybe but its worked so far!
Old Apr 12th 2013, 10:52 am
Practical Paramedic

Thanks for all the good advice peeps! I actually got a delivery note sent through from the UK side of things which clearly showed it was broken on arrival - phew!!!! I phoned Wridgways and someone will get back to me from head office next week.

I've found a place in Peacehaven that replaces mirrors and glass, they can cut things to size so, it won't look as nice, but it can be replaced so not a total loss. Lots of other things dirty, chipped and broken so am really fed up! Still I shall make sure I go onto lots of review sites to warn other people about this bunch of cowboys - just wish I'd read them first myself! You live and learn hey?!

Anyways on a brighter note, delighted that WhoFan got her passport, looking forward to lots of updates from her and I saw my friend's wife in town yesterday who told me that she's just received the all clear after treatment for breast cancer - kinda puts things into perspective I think
Old Apr 12th 2013, 11:18 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the good advice peeps! I actually got a delivery note sent through from the UK side of things which clearly showed it was broken on arrival - phew!!!! I phoned Wridgways and someone will get back to me from head office next week.

I've found a place in Peacehaven that replaces mirrors and glass, they can cut things to size so, it won't look as nice, but it can be replaced so not a total loss. Lots of other things dirty, chipped and broken so am really fed up! Still I shall make sure I go onto lots of review sites to warn other people about this bunch of cowboys - just wish I'd read them first myself! You live and learn hey?!

Anyways on a brighter note, delighted that WhoFan got her passport, looking forward to lots of updates from her and I saw my friend's wife in town yesterday who told me that she's just received the all clear after treatment for breast cancer - kinda puts things into perspective I think
That is really too bad about your broken things. I'm very sorry to hear that.

Perspective is a good thing and I'm happy to hear that your friend's wife got the all clear. What a relief! And, of course, we're all thrilled that Mrs Who can now get on that plane
Old Apr 13th 2013, 2:36 am
Yorkshire Lass

I'd love to see the review you write about Wridgways..lol, you're so eloquent!

Great news about your friends all clear, that's excellent. Something like that definitely does make us all realise our own mortality and another reason not to put off anything in life. We never know what is going to happen and it's sad to think of missed opportunities. Bucket list time!!!
Old Apr 13th 2013, 2:38 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
That is really too bad about your broken things. I'm very sorry to hear that.

Perspective is a good thing and I'm happy to hear that your friend's wife got the all clear. What a relief! And, of course, we're all thrilled that Mrs Who can now get on that plane

3 days! But who's counting???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.