Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Apr 8th 2013, 2:53 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
Party

Everyone is invited
Old Apr 8th 2013, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
On no, you are just having the worst time since you have been back, that's scary stuff re your pacemaker. Are they going to put you on Warfarin or give you Heparin injections at all? Hope you get into to see the cardiologist asap, I'm assuming that you have AF?
Yes, but as yet I'm still only on aspirin which was initially prescribed in Oz. I'm not impressed with the slowness of the NHS to treat me, and indeed the pacemaker technician was surprised that I'm not already on Warfarin. He said he would let the cardiologist know of his findings.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:37 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
Yes, but as yet I'm still only on aspirin which was initially prescribed in Oz. I'm not impressed with the slowness of the NHS to treat me, and indeed the pacemaker technician was surprised that I'm not already on Warfarin. He said he would let the cardiologist know of his findings.
I'm surprised you are not on Warfarin too as during bouts of AF clots can form and be released into the body and therefore increase the possibility of a stroke. I know you do have the pacemaker fitted but, as you said, you are still at risk. Well I really do hope you get to see that cardiologist soon, our health is so so precious, for you. Once you are on Warfarin it is quite closely controlled, you have to get your INR checked regularly and have your doctor adjust your doses when needed but I am sure you know all this already. Hope the NHS gets its act together for you sooner rather than later

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 9th 2013 at 12:42 am.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:22 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aries
Aries very sorry to hear about your issue. Hope it gets taken care of. I think the UK lead in that area. I have a relative who recently got a pacemaker installed in the UK and cannot say enough about the care they received as being great, perhaps it is subject to the postcode lottery I hope not! By comparison in their own research they were horrified to participate in blogs like this one which exist just for pacemaker owners in the US and the sad and frustrating stories that exist here.

By way of cheering you up. I had a friend who was on Warfarin and has been for the last 14 years in the UK. I will always remember them visiting here in the early 2000's. I knew he was a drinker but at the time he was monitoring his warfarin levels, I think, rather like diabetics do several times a day. In his own words his concern was that he had told his UK consultant that he drank xx number of alcohol units a day and that the doctor had prescribed his warfarin based upon that admission. So he had to keep drinking to maintain his constant warfarin level Delusional maybe but a great person.

Hope you get treated ASAP.

Last edited by vikingsail; Apr 9th 2013 at 3:24 am.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 3:38 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

I'm generally an anxious person, and the information given by the pacemaker technician has made me more anxious.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 7:52 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Just got an e-mail from Mum, my stuff is all being delivered to the flat on Thurs - at last!!!! Officially cheered up and keeping my eyes on the prize!!!!

Also gulping down the 'Rescue Remedy' which seems to be working lol! Couldn't resist a little online comparison though, 20ml spray here? $24.99 while in Boots UK it's £9.65 which is $14.00 at the current exchange rate!!!! Ridiculous!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 9th 2013 at 8:00 am.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:12 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Just got an e-mail from Mum, my stuff is all being delivered to the flat on Thurs - at last!!!! Officially cheered up and keeping my eyes on the prize!!!!

Also gulping down the 'Rescue Remedy' which seems to be working lol! Couldn't resist a little online comparison though, 20ml spray here? $24.99 while in Boots UK it's £9.65 which is $14.00 at the current exchange rate!!!! Ridiculous!!!
That's great news ! How exciting is that?? Too bad you can't get some Rescue Remedy sent over from the UK to last you. LOL
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:17 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
That's great news ! How exciting is that?? Too bad you can't get some Rescue Remedy sent over from the UK to last you. LOL
Cheers me dear! Yes I am excited, I'm looking forward to getting back into my little flat and making it a home again. I'm glad I tried the Rescue Remedy, I used to have some years ago and I think it has helped. Last night I managed to get 5 whole hours sleep - go me!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:17 am
Yorkshire Lass

Cheers me dear! Yes I am excited, I'm looking forward to getting back into my little flat and making it a home again. I'm glad I tried the Rescue Remedy, I used to have some years ago and I think it has helped. Last night I managed to get 5 whole hours sleep - go me!
Wow a whole 5 hours?? Lucky you !
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:21 am
Practical Paramedic

Wow a whole 5 hours?? Lucky you !
I know right?!!! Looking forward to getting back to being an 8 hour a night girl once the next few weeks are over lol! Mind you, I reckon I'll sleep for a whole month once I'm back - 'Do Not Disturb' sign will be going on the bedroom door for sure!!!!
Old Apr 9th 2013, 8:28 am
Yorkshire Lass

I know right?!!! Looking forward to getting back to being an 8 hour a night girl once the next few weeks are over lol! Mind you, I reckon I'll sleep for a whole month once I'm back - 'Do Not Disturb' sign will be going on the bedroom door for sure!!!!
Just have a few nibbles and drinks next to the bed so you don't have to get up...have a quick bite, drink and then back to sleep Get a catheter so you don't even have to get up to go to the loo.

Apart from jet lag, you'll probably be too excited to be home to sleep !
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:30 am
Practical Paramedic

So after my happy post I just felt I should let you all know that today is the day that I have to spend the whole day in town waiting for my car to be fixed. I've just got up to find the electricity has gone off - again. Therefore have to have a freezing cold shower, can't dry my hair or have a cup of tea or any toast. I'm really hungry and my phone is nearly dead. FML.
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:44 am
Yorkshire Lass

So after my happy post I just felt I should let you all know that today is the day that I have to spend the whole day in town waiting for my car to be fixed. I've just got up to find the electricity has gone off - again. Therefore have to have a freezing cold shower, can't dry my hair or have a cup of tea or any toast. I'm really hungry and my phone is nearly dead. FML.
Good grief, not a great start to the day. Treat yourself to brekkie out and about, give your hair a quick brush and just give anyone who looks at you funny THE LOOK! Hope your day gets better
Old Apr 9th 2013, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Another step closer
Old Apr 9th 2013, 12:06 pm
Practical Paramedic

Good grief, not a great start to the day. Treat yourself to brekkie out and about, give your hair a quick brush and just give anyone who looks at you funny THE LOOK! Hope your day gets better
Thanks love! The car man gave me a lift into town which was fab, just had eggs on toast and a very strong coffee

I needed it as I'd put the address and directions in my phone which had died only to find my car phone charger had gone kaput - I kid you not! That went straight in the bin along with my sat nav that died last week, good job I'm 'old school', had written the address in my diary and had a map book! Deep breaths, deeeeeppppp breaths!!!

Currently propped up against a wall in the shopping centre charging phone watching FNQ's finest going about their day which - atm - mainly seems to consist of them arguing, yelling at their kids, scratching their arses and pulling up their grubby sweatpants. Free entertainment and I don't look out of place with my greasy hair either ha ha ha!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 9th 2013 at 12:13 pm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.