Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:16 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I think today I've gone 'troppo' - help!

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Oh no, that's just awful! Hang in there, love, it will happen! (((HUGS)))
Thanks... I needed that hug
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 8:52 am
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
I lived in Piltdown just outside Uckfield for several years before I moved over here. Love that area. I have a niece who lives near Hailsham. Can't wait to go and stay with her for weekends!
Yes that is a nice area, they have some fab antique shops round that way, another thing I'm looking forward to!

Well its 0630 in the morning, just had me tea and crumpets so I'm crawling back into me pit. My relief will be in at 0800 and soon I will be done for another rotation. Got dragged outta bed at 0330 for a heart attack but I'm pleased to report the patient only had wind and felt better after a nice big burp lol!!!

24 shifts to go!!!
Old Apr 6th 2013, 10:46 pm
Practical Paramedic

MissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond reputeMissBetty has a reputation beyond repute

Well after paying out $357 for the rego and $162 for the road worthy certificate I have finally put my lovely Beetle up for sale! Its on Gumtree and I put a sign in the back window.

All I have to do is get the roof lining fixed (another $70 odd bucks) so I'll get that done on Tuesday. I left Loony Town this arvo and stopped at Maccas only to be flagged down by a lovely British nurse who said she loved my car and could she have a look. Well she is now coming for a test drive on Tuesday - hurrah! Was SO happy and then, as I drove into my driveway, the bloody check engine light (that is faulty and I just had fixed again last Thurs) came back on again.

I am SO CROSS right now, why oh why can I not just catch a break for once damn it!!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2013, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissBetty
Well after paying out $357 for the rego and $162 for the road worthy certificate I have finally put my lovely Beetle up for sale! Its on Gumtree and I put a sign in the back window.

All I have to do is get the roof lining fixed (another $70 odd bucks) so I'll get that done on Tuesday. I left Loony Town this arvo and stopped at Maccas only to be flagged down by a lovely British nurse who said she loved my car and could she have a look. Well she is now coming for a test drive on Tuesday - hurrah! Was SO happy and then, as I drove into my driveway, the bloody check engine light (that is faulty and I just had fixed again last Thurs) came back on again.

I am SO CROSS right now, why oh why can I not just catch a break for once damn it!!!!!
Oh no! Hope it doesn't dip too much into your going home fund
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:01 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Oh no! Hope it doesn't dip too much into your going home fund
Me too! The mechanic said if it comes on again it will only need a new O2 sensor but I left the paperwork at my friends house this arvo! Fortunately she just took a picture of the invoice and sent it to me so I can show the woman its fine and fixable by him!

I'm getting really stressed now, have spent the last 4 days running around getting the car fixed, buffed, cleaned and ready to sell. I have this huge red itchy rash broken out across my back (all stress related) but I've left my anti-histamines at the station house and everything here is closed on a Sunday - grrrr!!!!

7 weeks!!!!!

Last edited by MissBetty; Apr 7th 2013 at 12:04 am.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Me too! The mechanic said if it comes on again it will only need a new O2 sensor but I left the paperwork at my friends house this arvo! Fortunately she just took a picture of the invoice and sent it to me so I can show the woman its fine and fixable by him!

I'm getting really stressed now, have spent the last 4 days running around getting the car fixed, buffed, cleaned and ready to sell. I have this huge red itchy rash broken out across my back (all stress related) but I've left my anti-histamines at the station house and everything here is closed on a Sunday - grrrr!!!!

7 weeks!!!!!
Those O2 sensors are a royal PITA, I think everyone has bother with them.

I'm sorry MissB but this rash thing you mentioned gave me a fit of the giggles - I've got a picture in my mind of this stressed out bear dashing about scratching its back up against a tree trunk. All kidding aside, hope you get it sorted soon, it's not fun!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 1:01 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by curleytops
Those O2 sensors are a royal PITA, I think everyone has bother with them.

I'm sorry MissB but this rash thing you mentioned gave me a fit of the giggles - I've got a picture in my mind of this stressed out bear dashing about scratching its back up against a tree trunk. All kidding aside, hope you get it sorted soon, it's not fun!
Lol! Yes I am like a grumpy little bear atm trying not to scratch ha ha! I've had it all week just couldn't take my phenergan cos it makes me too sleepy at work. Stayed up in Loony Town on my first few days off to get car sorted but managed to escape today. Just went to take my meds looking forward to an itchy free kip but no, left them on the side at work - cue much snarling and scratching so the bear scenario is very apt ha ha ha!!!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

How about just reducing the price to take account of the lights coming on, roof lining etc. I know my own car several new lights have appeared and I'm not bothering to fix - I don't think it matters that much?
Old Apr 7th 2013, 2:02 am
Practical Paramedic

Originally Posted by vikingsail
How about just reducing the price to take account of the lights coming on, roof lining etc. I know my own car several new lights have appeared and I'm not bothering to fix - I don't think it matters that much?
Ah if only I could! You are not allowed to sell your car in Australia by law unless it has a road worthy certificate so these things have to be fixed. I had no idea it would fail due to a roof lining but apparently so - strange as we don't have MOT's here and you see some right death traps on the road!
Old Apr 7th 2013, 2:27 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

7 weeks!!!!!

I'm surprised nobody else has said this yet, but BREATHE!!!!!! LOL

Just keeping saying to yourself 'Only 7 more weeks'...like a Mantra
Old Apr 7th 2013, 3:38 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikingsail
Not like the girl I used to work with who once asked 'what does the orange light shaped like an oil can mean' we told her it meant the oil level was low and needed topping up.. she said 'Oh, well it's been on for a week now'

She was very lucky to get away with it..
Old Apr 7th 2013, 3:39 am
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Not like the girl I used to work with who once asked 'what does the orange light shaped like an oil can mean' we told her it meant the oil level was low and needed topping up.. she said 'Oh, well it's been on for a week now'

To think there are people like that driving on our roads
Old Apr 7th 2013, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs

no not like that, thanks for making me laugh though. I reread my post and it could have sounded like that. These are innocuous lights as I call them. Nothing major I consider them the arthritis of my car - minor indication lights. Several I have been driving on for 10 years and no issues - sometimes they come on sometimes they don't - and the weather does seem to play a role. Had them checked out mechanically and was advised to save my money and ignore.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

yep I get service engine soon light all time. comes and goes. it seems if I turn gas cap 3x it will turn off. read this from someone who has forum for car repairs. it works for me. my car is 2001 and has 148k miles on it.
Old Apr 7th 2013, 6:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fulwood
yep I get service engine soon light all time. comes and goes. it seems if I turn gas cap 3x it will turn off. read this from someone who has forum for car repairs. it works for me. my car is 2001 and has 148k miles on it.
17 years and 196K here Drive until it drops is my motto - trouble is they are hard to come by anymore. Had this one from new but I don't put much faith in a new car being able to go that long to many high tech parts..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.