Wikiposts

A few piccies of UK...

Old Oct 1st 2005, 2:23 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few piccies of UK...

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Forum for the deluded E2'er I think its called.
Excepting me I hope....

Have you had a look at it lately? JulieC broke her elbow at a theme park and is in a shed load of pain and insurance problems for it. Bit of a wake up call for everyone.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 2:46 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Excepting me I hope....

Have you had a look at it lately? JulieC broke her elbow at a theme park and is in a shed load of pain and insurance problems for it. Bit of a wake up call for everyone.
Hehe present company excepted

I thought you were marriage based anyway?

Nope, I havent. I am persona non grata I believe. Well, I dont wish ill on anybody but there were one or two that lived in fantasy land...streets paved with golden mickey mouses etc.

Anyway, give her my best. A broken elbow can be excrutiating I believe.
Old Oct 1st 2005, 3:02 am
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Hehe present company excepted

I thought you were marriage based anyway?

Nope, I havent. I am persona non grata I believe. Well, I dont wish ill on anybody but there were one or two that lived in fantasy land...streets paved with golden mickey mouses etc.

Anyway, give her my best. A broken elbow can be excrutiating I believe.
Nooooo, one of the few employment based ones and certainly not deluded!
Old Oct 1st 2005, 3:19 am
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
Nooooo, one of the few employment based ones and certainly not deluded!
Oh duh. Of course you're a nurse like my good lady wife arent you?

No I seem to recall you certainly werent in the deluded category.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 6:22 am

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Blimey, just skim read this one as it really went off track So Pants, back onto the more beautiful parts of Blighty

Spent a few days in Yorkshire last week, for the end of Sept the weather was stunning, sat with T-shirts on in Scarborough and it ain't all bad.

Trust me I have lived in both Britain & Australia (plus a few other places) and when it comes to social problems, crime, etc they are all the same. Just Britain has the most stunning countryside and vistas.

Life really is what you make it, just taken me some time to figure that one.

A few pics to be getting on with.

MM

This was Whitby, N Yorks on Thursday
Attached Thumbnails A few piccies of UK...-sept-2005-11-.jpg  

Last edited by merlotsmum; Oct 2nd 2005 at 6:25 am.
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 6:25 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
Blimey, just skim read this one as it really went off track So Pants, back onto the more beautiful parts of Blighty

Spent a few days in Yorkshire last week, for the end of Sept the weather was stunning, sat with T-shirts on in Scarborough and it ain't all bad.

Trust me I have lived in both Britain & Australia (plus a few other places) and when it comes to social problems, crime, etc they are all the same. Just Britain has the most stunning countryside and vistas.

MM

yes MM you missed out on all the fun with this thread....amazing what a few pics of Blighty can do..!!!

Lovely piccie....how sunny eh!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Pants
yes MM you missed out on all the fun with this thread....amazing what a few pics of Blighty can do..!!!
Yep, all credit to you girl, you seem to have clocked up a mega amount of replies in the shortest space of time

Many of them a little off key

MM
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 6:27 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, all credit to you girl, you seem to have clocked up a mega amount of replies in the shortest space of time

Many of them a little off key

MM
Lol....... :scared:
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Pants
Lol....... :scared:
Yes you must be up for an award

Trying to upload more pics.

MM x
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 6:37 am

2 pics from Scarborough Castle where I would highly recommend the cafe there, had beautiful home cooked soup
Attached Thumbnails A few piccies of UK...-sept-2005-28-.jpg   A few piccies of UK...-sept-2005-28-.jpg  
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 6:40 am

And Hartlepool Marina
Attached Thumbnails A few piccies of UK...-sept-2005-5-.jpg  

Last edited by merlotsmum; Oct 2nd 2005 at 6:42 am. Reason: Pic not added in
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 7:28 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

And Hartlepool Marina
Reminds me of when I visited my step-brother (he lives in H'pool). Was a very nice visit, included a wind-swept walk along the front watching the waves crashing against a big stone pier.

The only part of the walk I didn't enjoy was when we went along a nearby street I christened "dogsh*t street", because you had to walk with your eyes on the ground - there were "landmines" all over the pavement!
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

MM
Oh we love it there , Scarborough, had some great hols staying at blue dolphin and primrose valley. Reminds of our kids being small.
I have some great pics.
But there are some stunning places here WA south west is beautiful and there is a countryside it is so green, the beautiful orchards and vine yards.
I am not arguing which is best ,there are good and bad in both, we love it here, but if we had to go home then so be it .
Reading through some of this thread i think the guy from Preston is winding you all up, we lived 30 mins from Preston and it is a dump, and if he has not ventured very far then he has not seen the beautiful England. Denise
Old Oct 2nd 2005, 7:26 pm
Badge

Wildmark, a word in you ear. About the one thing that you will have going for you - to escape from the 'problems' of the UK is that your UK equity may get you the one chance to improve your lot but pick sensibly. Yes there are hoons and idiots in Australia like Jad and Rich says but you may be able to get away from those areas as you can make a step up. It may only be a one chance:

If you get the wrong suburb/lifestyle/job mix in Australia you can be a very, very disillusioned man indeed, and this is before the big one, family is factored in. Its not all plain sailing. I reckon migration is like a puzzle game, you have to get a lot of details right one after the other to be in with a chance. You need a foundation.

Badge

Old Oct 2nd 2005, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Badge
Wildmark, a word in you ear. About the one thing that you will have going for you - to escape from the 'problems' of the UK is that your UK equity may get you the one chance to improve your lot but pick sensibly. Yes there are hoons and idiots in Australia like Jad and Rich says but you may be able to get away from those areas as you can make a step up. It may only be a one chance:

If you get the wrong suburb/lifestyle/job mix in Australia you can be a very, very disillusioned man indeed, and this is before the big one, family is factored in. Its not all plain sailing. I reckon migration is like a puzzle game, you have to get a lot of details right one after the other to be in with a chance. You need a foundation.

Badge
Cheers, I'll make sure we pick the right area, or try to anyway.

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.