A few piccies of UK...

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 9:21 am
Badge

Default Re: A few piccies of UK...

Originally Posted by wildmark
Cheers, I'll make sure we pick the right area, or try to anyway.

Mark
I wasn't being too chummy. 'Watch it'.
People get wound up something silly. I'm half serious.

badge

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:02 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Just a few more taken this morning...!!

The cold haze needs to lift so not brilliant quality..!!

and one of my very happy dog..!!
Attached Thumbnails A few piccies of UK...-img_7364.jpg   A few piccies of UK...-img_7368.jpg   A few piccies of UK...-img_7361.jpg  
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pants

Where is this, Denise
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

I take that "little" house in the back of the first pic
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:13 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cranni
Where is this, Denise

Ashdown Forest...East Sussex
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:13 am
Live the moment

Originally Posted by eurotramp
I take that "little" house in the back of the first pic

you like my pad then..!!!

Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:24 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wildmark
Ah... if England was all like those pics eh?
I don't often come onto the "Back to UK forum" because, to be honest, we are extremely lucky that we love our new life in Aus. I usually pop in for a nosey, to read others viewpoints who are going back or are already in UK as I still think it's good to get balance, to hear what others have to say, even if I don't always agree.

Tonight was one of those nights.

I opened up this thread to have a nosey.....and was admiring the lovely piccies that Pants and eurochamp had put up. Yeh OK, I admit I was looking at the UK sea, sand, sky and scenery...... and comparing it all to Aus and I was looking at the greenery [that's what people say they notice when they return to UK].....I have to say, I felt not one single iota of regret......but none the less it was lovely to see the pictures and to read what others had to say....

And then a nonsensical, inflamatory picture of a dump area in UK pops up

I'm sorry Mark cos I have found some really good pertinent stuff of yours in the past but this was utterly uncalled for.

It came accross like a schoolboy bully when he decides to snatch a bag of chrisps from a kid in the playground and then deliberatly spills the chrisps onto the floor and crunches them with his shoe, smirking as he does it

Why did you go out of your way to spoil it like this?

Of course, everyone should have their say. At times things get heated and mass upset is created however this normally occurs as a result of a crescendo of "wind-ups".....but on this occasion you deliberatly came in like a ton of bricks and inflamed what was, until that point, a serene conversation between likeminded souls.

As I say Mark, I am lucky. I love my new life and I have absolutley no regrets ...oh ok....maybe one. We should have done it years ago

You are lucky too as you are looking fwd to your new life with gusto and no doubt you will do your best to get ahead and fit in.

But have some thought for those that aren't happy with the move. Most people risk everything to emigrate and the when they find they don't like it they have a right to say so.

I for one get anoyed when some people whinge, whinge, whinge and do nothing about it......but the people on here
1) are on the right forum
2) they don't constantly whinge and tend to be balanced
3) they have either gone back or are planning on going back and are being constructive
4) need help from others who are/have been in the same situation.

You are obviously not a troll Mark however if you demonstrate troll like behaviour then you will lose credibility. I suppose what I'm saying is, give others their say too Mark nd don't deliberatly inflame. Have some consideration.

It is, afterall, the "going back to UK" forum
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Rochdale, then Toronto, then Preston now Tampa, Florida.
wildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to allwildmark is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Badge

badge
I know what you mean.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 11:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

So true, you dont know what you had till it's gone Cant wait for them long walk's yes even in the cold and rain when there's view's like that around me, thankyou
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 12:56 pm

merlotsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Badge

badge
I think "people" do get "wound up something silly" when dealing with emotions, a breaking heart and homesickness

This Forum is one of the few places people can let off steam so to speak and should be allowed to without childish comments and jibes by some thoughtless folk.

I have rarely seen any form of "whinging" on this part of the Forum, in fact it is very supportive.

Wildmark, whilst you have the right to exercise your free speech I would recommend that you learn some of the fundamental facts about common courtesy and diplomacy. Too many people have commented on your lack of respect.

You are obviously a bright guy as you have your own business and are wanting to set up business in Oz.

If I was your customer and you spoke to me in the manner you have on here to fellow posters, I would take my business elsewhere and certainly would not sing your praises to others . . . what goes around comes around you know and as much as Australia is a big place it can be village.

MM
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Love that doggy
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by cranni
Oh we love it there , Scarborough, had some great hols staying at blue dolphin and primrose valley. Reminds of our kids being small.
I have some great pics.
But there are some stunning places here WA south west is beautiful and there is a countryside it is so green, the beautiful orchards and vine yards.
I am not arguing which is best ,there are good and bad in both, we love it here, but if we had to go home then so be it .
Reading through some of this thread i think the guy from Preston is winding you all up, we lived 30 mins from Preston and it is a dump, and if he has not ventured very far then he has not seen the beautiful England. Denise
Yes when you take time to open your eyes, Britain is such a stunning place.

Scarborough was not perfect, in fact on an evening it was a little "rough" in parts but hey isn't the rest of the world and this includes Australia but for the most it was just so lovely.

MM
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
I don't often come onto the "Back to UK forum" . . .
It is, afterall, the "going back to UK" forum
Well put
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 1:04 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
I think "people" do get "wound up something silly" when dealing with emotions, a breaking heart and homesickness

This Forum is one of the few places people can let off steam so to speak and should be allowed to without childish comments and jibes by some thoughtless folk.

I have rarely seen any form of "whinging" on this part of the Forum, in fact it is very supportive.

Wildmark, whilst you have the right to exercise your free speech I would recommend that you learn some of the fundamental facts about common courtesy and diplomacy. Too many people have commented on your lack of respect.

You are obviously a bright guy as you have your own business and are wanting to set up business in Oz.

If I was your customer and you spoke to me in the manner you have on here to fellow posters, I would take my business elsewhere and certainly would not sing your praises to others . . . what goes around comes around you know and as much as Australia is a big place it can be village.

MM
Full marks for spot on common sense answer. As usual

Karma deserving.
Old Oct 3rd 2005, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by merlotsmum
2 pics from Scarborough Castle where I would highly recommend the cafe there, had beautiful home cooked soup
Realised I had posted two the same Won't let me edit - sorry, tired eyes, pic attached.

Scarborough Castle

MM
Attached Thumbnails A few piccies of UK...-sept-2005-29-.jpg  

Last edited by merlotsmum; Oct 3rd 2005 at 1:12 pm. Reason: Forgot to say what it is . . .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.