A few piccies of UK...

Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:49 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few piccies of UK...

Originally Posted by wildmark
Jesus Christ, if you spent as much time trying to make things work in your new country as you do bleating on here about someone who does not share your personal opinion then maybe you would have been happy.

If I were you I would ignore me, simple as that.

I suggest you have a and try to relax
You are bloody clueless.

I am quite happy here in the US.

I also happen to like the UK and will be back there at some time in the future.

You are right about one thing - I am wasting my time on you, and will not continue to do so. Unlike you, when I say something like that, I have the self-control to follow through.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 2:53 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
You are bloody clueless.

You are right about one thing - I am wasting my time on you, and will not continue to do so. Unlike you, when I say something like that, I have the self-control to follow through.
Dunroving, what is Carolina like....my perception is a mix of northern and southern US syles ?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

ScarletPimpernel is an unknown quantity at this point

You are bloody clueless.

Christ what have I joined :scared:
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:15 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScarletPimpernel
Christ what have I joined :scared:
You have joined the britishexpats family - dysfunctional like most families, but also with some very cool, very helpful, and very colorful characters. Don't be put off by some of the posts, hang in there and you'll find what you need.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

ScarletPimpernel is an unknown quantity at this point

You have joined the britishexpats family - dysfunctional like most families, but also with some very cool, very helpful, and very colorful characters. Don't be put off by some of the posts, hang in there and you'll find what you need.
I just hope I dont say anything negative about the UK
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:22 pm
Ping-ponger

Originally Posted by Tangram
Dunroving, what is Carolina like....my perception is a mix of northern and southern US syles ?
I can speak mostly for the eastern part more specifically, but here's my take:

Three geographical areas:

Coastal plain (eastern), very rural, very southern (though Greenville is a tad more cosmopolitan, having the university and all), beautiful coastal areas, cheap standard of living, some arty enclaves on the Outer Banks. Very flat and windy (that's me speaking as a cyclist!)

Piedmont (middle), more rolling hills, more universities and research, commercial areas, several moderate sized cities, many of which as you say are a mix of southern/northern (Cary, for example, is said to stand for "Community of Aliens and Relocated yankees"!). The Triad and Research Triangle areas offer several interesting cities and universities within close proximity.

Mountains (western), more mountainous (duh), smaller and more spread out cities and universities, some beautiful scenery, again some arty enclaves.

Maybe NCPenguin will jump in about the middle part of the state - we have some folks in the western part, too.

Feel free to PM me with any specific questions if you want.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:25 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

That depends. Theres a world of difference between making constructive critiques on topic to a thread and the just constant posting of negativity in completly inappropropriate places. Some people have no social skills and that is reflected in their posting habits on forums.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:27 pm
Ping-ponger

God, no, that's not the issue here. Like any "conversation", though, you have to consider the context (i.e., purpose of the thread). This thread started as a pleasant sharing of some photographs of the UK and was dragged down deliberately by one person.

Generally, negative opinions expressed in a reasonable tone get a fair reception. There are differences between sections of the board, however. I've heard that discussions on the Australia section can get pretty heated, but my experience on the US section is that, while lively, people are not usually at each other's throats.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 4:05 pm
my arm aches

ladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond reputeladyofthelake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wildmark
Now come on, I live next door to Blackpool and its an absolute HOLE!!!!

It might be a great place to visit for the day, but you would not want to live there, I supply the a lot of the Schools with photocopiers and it's one of the most depressed, under funded towns in England they have a 'way above average' teen pregnancy rate and the hoodies 'rule the roost' the police chifes own words in the paper last week.

But hey if you want to think that, great!
The double standards that are here are amazing.
Seems it's not OK to whinge about the country you're in....unless your name is wildmark.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:24 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

well its just great to see how this thread has gone.....

I think Wildmark has issues within himself......I am amazed that he bothers with this forum at all....he spends all his energy in the moving back to uk forum and very little effort goes into the Australia forum...which is where this guy thinks he will end up living...!!! why?? because he has no personality except that of a nat...!!!he knows no-one will listen to his pathetic input..why cos he has none....nothing worth while thats for sure.

I think he wears a t-shirt saying kick me cos thats what he wants...he feeds of this stuff...amunition isn't it Mark...!!!you just loveeeeeeee it....makes you feel important in a sicko sort of way..!!!What do you hope to achieve??what point are you trying to make Mark...this was a thread for the homesick.....not the sick of home brigade...!!!!

Now lets see the comeback...gone on surprise us all...!!!!

Last edited by Pants; Sep 30th 2005 at 7:17 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Listen guys this forum doesn't need to go the way of the Oz forum with everyone arguing and trying to be right. What I've always liked about the US forum and this forum is that they were the more sensible ones with everyone respecting each others informed opinions and having a laugh at each other. It is obvious to me that some from the Oz forum are now trying to turn this forum into another Oz forum, we cant let this happen. Can we not all agree to ignore a couple of the disruptive posters as they will soon get bored if they don't get anywhere. The Oz forum has lost some great members for this very reason lets not let the few ruin this forum for everyone.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 7:39 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Listen guys this forum doesn't need to go the way of the Oz forum with everyone arguing and trying to be right. What I've always liked about the US forum and this forum is that they were the more sensible ones with everyone respecting each others informed opinions and having a laugh at each other. It is obvious to me that some from the Oz forum are now trying to turn this forum into another Oz forum, we cant let this happen. Can we not all agree to ignore a couple of the disruptive posters as they will soon get bored if they don't get anywhere. The Oz forum has lost some great members for this very reason lets not let the few ruin this forum for everyone.

Here here
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:51 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ladylisa
Several good points here. I think the main thing is not to get involved personally with whatever is written here. It is a FORUM, not an inquisition. If you really don't like a post, IGNORE IT!!

If you don't like a particular poster, put him/her on your ignore list.

If you allow yourselves to get uptight about what somebody has written, then they have achieved what they wanted to. Personally, I think Wildmark is winding you all up simply because he can!! It is no good berating him, however. The problem lies with you.

This is not aimed at you, ladylisa - it is aimed at everybody who blames somebody else for 'ruining' threads, whilst they themselves add fuel to the ruin.

Enjoy the forums, but don't take them so seriously!!
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

eurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud ofeurotramp has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ladyofthelake
The double standards that are here are amazing.
Seems it's not OK to whinge about the country you're in....unless your name is wildmark.
I was exactly thinking the same thing..It seems to be ok to slag the uk off..but nobody is allowed to say anything bad about the new chosen country

Last edited by eurotramp; Sep 30th 2005 at 10:11 pm.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:42 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Tangram
And of course...how rude of me, lets not forget wombat42, who still defies my understanding as to why an ozzie living in Australia is a member of a British Expats forum in the first place
The Queen still rules over OZ which makes me a British subject and my ancestors 150 years ago were British expats, although not by choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.