Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

J.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond reputeJ.JsOH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Or you could go out to an event that discusses the dire political situation in the country you are in - think Sequester - and how there is no hope. I was ready to get on a plane last night
You can do that here in UK too but that is the way to insanity. I am learning to avoid all such.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 5:43 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

What's the problem with your passport? Just waiting for a renewal? Don't worry, it will come through soon, and you will be winging your way home before you know it Take the extra time you have here to revisit favourite places and bid last farewells to friends
When I applied I was thinking it was going to be a new passport, especially as my old one was accidentally destroyed and it had expired a number of years ago. But because I put on the form that I'd had a passport in the past they were going to treat it as a renewal (even though the old one wasn't attached), so they were having to send to the UK for confirmation that I had held a passport before and the lady I spoke to said it would take 2 weeks extra.

I'll just quit biting my nails and go enjoy my remaining time in AZ LOL
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I'm getting excited for you ! Once I get settled I have 12 boxes that are being stored for me by friends in Australia and I'll get them shipped over. I haven't been in them for 3 years roflmao.
Thank you!

Wow, three years, can you even remember what was in them? That's a fun thing to have to look forward to.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:44 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by happyglow
Thank you!

Wow, three years, can you even remember what was in them? That's a fun thing to have to look forward to.
Well I remember that at least 3 of them have my Dr Who things in them...LOL. A couple have clothes (probably the one's I'd need for Winter), there are family albums, and things my Mum left me when she passed. But undoubtedly there are at least 5 that I have no idea what I packed in them..
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Well I remember that at least 3 of them have my Dr Who things in them...LOL. A couple have clothes (probably the one's I'd need for Winter), there are family albums, and things my Mum left me when she passed. But undoubtedly there are at least 5 that I have no idea what I packed in them..
Brilliant, please get someone to video you as you unpack them, I want to see your face
Old Mar 17th 2013, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

So I've actually reached the final stages of packing, doing things like picking out interview clothes and deciding what to stuff in my suitcase.

Having a stiff scotch to help with the wibbles.

Some tips for those to come after:

You need more shipping space than you think.

It's well worth buying the heavy duty cardboard boxes so you can stomp stuff down hard and get more in

Old clothes - keep a few back from the donations/bin piles, you can wear them the last few days before you fly then bin 'em - saves last minute laundry.

Selling stuff is fun at first AND THEN YOU GET TIRED OF ALL THESE STRANGERS COMING TO YOUR HOUSE
Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

So I've actually reached the final stages of packing, doing things like picking out interview clothes and deciding what to stuff in my suitcase.

It's well worth buying the heavy duty cardboard boxes so you can stomp stuff down hard and get more in

Old clothes - keep a few back from the donations/bin piles, you can wear them the last few days before you fly then bin 'em - saves last minute laundry.

Selling stuff is fun at first AND THEN YOU GET TIRED OF ALL THESE STRANGERS COMING TO YOUR HOUSE
How exciting!!! Did you get your boxes from your shipping company? Good luck with everything
Old Mar 17th 2013, 12:40 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Just one?

What a great idea about the old clothes ! I know I was just thinking about having an outfit ready to travel in..wearing shorts and a T the night before and then stuffing them in the suitcase just before I leave...LOL. But I like your idea better The only drawback to the 'old clothes' is that all the clothes I am getting ready to donate DON'T FIT anymore..lol, so couldn't wear them for the last few days without a lot of pain.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

How exciting!!! Did you get your boxes from your shipping company? Good luck with everything
Thank you! Ended up awake half the night watching lark rise to candleford and eating crisps with the pooch (who then went on to consume shampoo and an empty box of chocolates, with the inevitable result)

Home Depot has very strong "heavy duty" boxes in various sizes, in round cubic feet. I love this, it means I know exactly how much volume I am shipping.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just one?

What a great idea about the old clothes ! I know I was just thinking about having an outfit ready to travel in..wearing shorts and a T the night before and then stuffing them in the suitcase just before I leave...LOL. But I like your idea better The only drawback to the 'old clothes' is that all the clothes I am getting ready to donate DON'T FIT anymore..lol, so couldn't wear them for the last few days without a lot of pain.
I feel your pain.... some of the stuff I'm packing is not as loose as I would wish. Damn all this comfort eating! We'll be OK again when we are over this big change
Old Mar 17th 2013, 6:58 pm
Yorkshire Lass

I feel your pain.... some of the stuff I'm packing is not as loose as I would wish. Damn all this comfort eating! We'll be OK again when we are over this big change
Well I'm cheating somewhat..LOL I bought some 'Garcinia Cambogia Extract' tablets as talked about by Dr Oz and I've lost 7lbs in a week, with no changes to my diet or exercise regime. I might be able to get into the clothes after all...LOL But hope to be able to get some new clothes when I get back home Any excuse to go shopping...LOL
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:32 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes we reached that point already, so sick of tire kickers coming and wasting our time.
One boat sold and left for good last night, so one boat one car one house to sell. Then the stuff that will go easily will follow very cheaply to insure it goes.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Oh yes we reached that point already, so sick of tire kickers coming and wasting our time.
One boat sold and left for good last night, so one boat one car one house to sell. Then the stuff that will go easily will follow very cheaply to insure it goes.
I've found the cheapest stuff the hardest - they're the ones that don't turn up, mess you around, haggle over a dollar etc. Think I might put my prices up!

A sweet young couple restored my faith this morning - they were so delighted with the old map they bought, that I gave them my other one for free. Made all of us smile!

Anything that doesn't sell I'm leaving at the side of the road with a "free" sign attached - that usually works like a charm.
Old Mar 17th 2013, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I'm cheating somewhat..LOL I bought some 'Garcinia Cambogia Extract' tablets as talked about by Dr Oz and I've lost 7lbs in a week, with no changes to my diet or exercise regime. I might be able to get into the clothes after all...LOL But hope to be able to get some new clothes when I get back home Any excuse to go shopping...LOL
Crikey! That sounds too good to be true.

The online shopping is now so good in the UK that it won't be too much hardship to fill in the gaps - I've binned most of my t shirts and will be splashing out, any recommendations? Something like american eagle would be good.....
Old Mar 18th 2013, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! Ended up awake half the night watching lark rise to candleford and eating crisps with the pooch (who then went on to consume shampoo and an empty box of chocolates, with the inevitable result)

Home Depot has very strong "heavy duty" boxes in various sizes, in round cubic feet. I love this, it means I know exactly how much volume I am shipping.
LOVED Lark Rise to Candleford. I was devastated when they ended that series

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.