Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Old Mar 18th 2013, 3:06 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Originally Posted by windsong
LOVED Lark Rise to Candleford. I was devastated when they ended that series
I'm on series 4 now..... expecting england to be EXACTLY like Candleford when I return. Oh yes Also I wish for a postie just like Thomas Brown.

Just had some absolutely dodgy as f**k types round to buy my bed. Russian mafia I reckon

If I never post again I've been sold for body parts or whatever they do

Last edited by happyglow; Mar 18th 2013 at 4:41 am. Reason: Added bit
Old Mar 18th 2013, 7:35 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Well I'm cheating somewhat..LOL I bought some 'Garcinia Cambogia Extract' tablets as talked about by Dr Oz and I've lost 7lbs in a week, with no changes to my diet or exercise regime. I might be able to get into the clothes after all...LOL But hope to be able to get some new clothes when I get back home Any excuse to go shopping...LOL
Please be careful with things like this. "Dr. Oz" is always pushing these untested supplements, presumably because he makes money from kickbacks, and I would be very worried about how it's actually working. What does it do to the liver and kidneys? What long-term effects could it have? What happens if/when you stop taking it?

A trustworthy, knowledgable doctor would be saying the way to lose weight is to exercise more, eat more plants/less animal fat, and cut out sweets and alcohol. Anything else makes me really nervous because I had a friend who shot her kidneys by taking a supplement to lose weight back in the 90s.

I don't mean to be a nag but I just really worry about these TV hacks pushing this stuff.
Old Mar 18th 2013, 2:09 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Please be careful with things like this. "Dr. Oz" is always pushing these untested supplements, presumably because he makes money from kickbacks, and I would be very worried about how it's actually working. What does it do to the liver and kidneys? What long-term effects could it have? What happens if/when you stop taking it?

A trustworthy, knowledgable doctor would be saying the way to lose weight is to exercise more, eat more plants/less animal fat, and cut out sweets and alcohol. Anything else makes me really nervous because I had a friend who shot her kidneys by taking a supplement to lose weight back in the 90s.

I don't mean to be a nag but I just really worry about these TV hacks pushing this stuff.

You're not being a nag..and trust me, I didn't just see the commercial and think 'Oh look an easy weight loss solution and I can still stuff myself with junk food'. I did some research first, and even asked my own local doctor about the benefits, side effects of the ingredients. In total I was told that it is totally safe and non toxic. It's derived from a small pumpkin like fruit, more commonly known as a Tamarind and has been consumed in Asia for centuries. It just seems to stop the absorption of sugars and other unhealthy fats into the body and allows them to pass through instead of being stored and turned to fat and acts as a natural appetite suppressant. So of course Dr's don't recommend the tablets be taken if you are diabetic for example because of the glucose issues.

Of course the more beneficial ways to lose weight are diet and exercise, so with doing that and a little help from the supplement for those pesky things my body just refuses to get rid of in the first place, I should be good to go.

But thanks for your concern.

Last edited by WhoFan63; Mar 18th 2013 at 2:15 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 2:28 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

There's a lot to be said for "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

A veggie that helps stabilise blood sugar sounds like an excellent thing though

How about dipping it in chocolate, would the one balance the other out?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

BOXED!!!!

That was a couple of days of hard labour! 48 cubic feet neatly wrapped, boxed and catalogued, just the last box open to take the last smidge of laundry. Phew!

Now to sell the last few bits of furniture, and we can kick back and be Vancouver tourists for our last two weeks. The weather's spectacular (of course, rubbing it in) and there are some walks to be partaken of. Here boy!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 2:41 am
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happyglow
BOXED!!!!

That was a couple of days of hard labour! 48 cubic feet neatly wrapped, boxed and catalogued, just the last box open to take the last smidge of laundry. Phew!

Now to sell the last few bits of furniture, and we can kick back and be Vancouver tourists for our last two weeks. The weather's spectacular (of course, rubbing it in) and there are some walks to be partaken of. Here boy!
Well done. 48 cubic feet, not bad. You must have got rid of tons of stuff.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Well done. 48 cubic feet, not bad. You must have got rid of tons of stuff.
Thanks! I did get rid of a LOT, and I'm determined not to re-clutter after the move. We'll see.....
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

You're not being a nag..and trust me, I didn't just see the commercial and think 'Oh look an easy weight loss solution and I can still stuff myself with junk food'. I did some research first, and even asked my own local doctor about the benefits, side effects of the ingredients. In total I was told that it is totally safe and non toxic. It's derived from a small pumpkin like fruit, more commonly known as a Tamarind and has been consumed in Asia for centuries. It just seems to stop the absorption of sugars and other unhealthy fats into the body and allows them to pass through instead of being stored and turned to fat and acts as a natural appetite suppressant. So of course Dr's don't recommend the tablets be taken if you are diabetic for example because of the glucose issues.

Of course the more beneficial ways to lose weight are diet and exercise, so with doing that and a little help from the supplement for those pesky things my body just refuses to get rid of in the first place, I should be good to go.

But thanks for your concern.
When I lived in Jamaica we had a huge tamarind tree. Very sour but delicious fruit. Most known there as a mild laxative. That might explain the claim to aiding in weight loss.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

BOXED!!!!

Old Mar 19th 2013, 12:44 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

BOXED!!!!

Congratulations! It is a great feeling when you get to this stage.
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:48 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
When I lived in Jamaica we had a huge tamarind tree. Very sour but delicious fruit. Most known there as a mild laxative. That might explain the claim to aiding in weight loss.
That could have something to do with it..LOL Also the fact that it seems to give a feeling of fullness so you don't feel hungry. Not to gross anyone out, but when I go to the bathroom I feel like I am peeing for England..LOL, or like I jokingly say 'It sounds like Niagara Falls"... LOL
Old Mar 19th 2013, 1:49 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Thanks! I did get rid of a LOT, and I'm determined not to re-clutter after the move. We'll see.....
It's amazing how we always say that....the feeling of satisfaction about getting rid of so much clutter and then in a couple of years we turn around and wonder how we accumulated so much stuff again..LOL

But congratulations on all the de-cluttering Makes the move seem so much more real now right?
Old Mar 19th 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's amazing how we always say that....the feeling of satisfaction about getting rid of so much clutter and then in a couple of years we turn around and wonder how we accumulated so much stuff again..LOL

But congratulations on all the de-cluttering Makes the move seem so much more real now right?
Thank you!! Yes, feels imminent now!

You're right about de/recluttering, I've done this three times before and still ended up with too much. Almost got it right last time though, so fourth time's the charm!
Old Mar 19th 2013, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lf1
Congratulations! It is a great feeling when you get to this stage.
Thank you! It's lovely, just stuff to sell and donate now. Nobody wants my beautiful old dining table, the phillistines
Old Mar 25th 2013, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SIX DAYS TO GO!!!! Oh #*^$^$%^*$!!!!

Taking boxes to shippers tomorrow, hope I get to watch them being loaded and wrapped onto a pallet. I get to drive a Uhaul van!

Wednesday get together and say bye to local friends - already arranged un petit french get together with one of them for later in the year, how cool is that? I think some will come and visit the UK too, they all want to see "Downton Abbey"

Dog gets his final dose and paperwork on thursday.

Other than that, it's just a case of scattering final possessions to the four winds and revisiting a couple of favourite places. A nice long walk along the beach is called for......

Flippin eck I'm nervous

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.