Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Old Mar 1st 2013, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute
Red face The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Gulp! So as of today, I am moving countries yet again, back to sunny blighty, THIS MONTH! So much to do, organise, sell, donate..... PANIC!!!! Sleep pattern completely lost, dog thought it was awesome that we were sat in bed play flighting and eating cheese and crackers in the middle of the night.

Anyone else want to join the collywobble club?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Originally Posted by happyglow
Gulp! So as of today, I am moving countries yet again, back to sunny blighty, THIS MONTH! So much to do, organise, sell, donate..... PANIC!!!! Sleep pattern completely lost, dog thought it was awesome that we were sat in bed play flighting and eating cheese and crackers in the middle of the night.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Whereabouts are you heading back to? (Can I join the club? I get the wobbles and I'm not leaving for years still)
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Whereabouts are you heading back to? (Can I join the club? I get the wobbles and I'm not leaving for years still)
Haha awww, yes your company will be very welcome!

Headed to the Derbyshire peak district for starters, not sure which village yet, will let the availability of a cute rental decide. After that, who knows, I'm rubbish at making long term plans

Putting the car up for sale this weekend... will feel better once that is sorted I think

How come it's years for you? Just do it now, you know you want to
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

I think I may need to join your club too. Moving back at some point this year once the house is sold, the car is sold, the pets are all prepped and there's been a huge yard sale to get rid of knick-knacks that just aren't worth taking back to UK.
My husband is leaving to go back to start his new job at the end of this month and then it's up to me as far as everything else goes. I am very excited to be going back but at the same time I get all panic stricken about it too, after all 17 years is a long time to live and work somewhere and not have pangs of indecision.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
am very excited to be going back but at the same time I get all panic stricken about it too, after all 17 years is a long time to live and work somewhere and not have pangs of indecision.
You've hit the nail on the head!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

vikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond reputevikingsail has a reputation beyond repute

You've hit the nail on the head!
Sign me up. One fully paid up new recruit here! I'm beginning to feel a little mad. I can go back and forth in one breath or two/ three sentences
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Haha awww, yes your company will be very welcome!

Headed to the Derbyshire peak district for starters, not sure which village yet, will let the availability of a cute rental decide. After that, who knows, I'm rubbish at making long term plans

Putting the car up for sale this weekend... will feel better once that is sorted I think

How come it's years for you? Just do it now, you know you want to
Haha, of course I do But I am bringing back my OH who is a USC, so we need to work a few more years in our business so we can have the required sponsorship money, and be able to fully retire when we get there. Doesn't stop me planning though I'll be here cheering you along all the way The deal is though, that you have to let us know how it is "on the other side."
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 2:44 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'll join you, I've been wobbling and being brave alternately for a while now.
Lots of stuff up for sale, and yesterday we ripped up carpets getting ready for the new flooring then house for sale.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 3:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Haha, of course I do But I am bringing back my OH who is a USC, so we need to work a few more years in our business so we can have the required sponsorship money, and be able to fully retire when we get there. Doesn't stop me planning though I'll be here cheering you along all the way The deal is though, that you have to let us know how it is "on the other side."
I'll join perthhomeschool in the 'provisional member' category Husband's longing to go home (after 23 years in Oz, Liverpool is still 'home') and I'm looking forward to it as well. Have a couple more years of working yet, then have to boot the 21 year old out into the big wide world and wait for the dog to die

Good luck happyglow!!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

I will join in as well! My concern is not moving back, but to where? We think that moving into our house which is rented out in a good catchment area of Home Counties would be best rented and we should leave it as an investment and buy another place with our Canadian funds, because you get no interest in banks and we are scared of investing it and then the fund starts losing money! So I start worrying and I have 2 years to go!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute

I do think that you are normal
I admire you to just up sticks and go! Often that is better than planning it for 2 years like I have to do!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

But remember that the place you left has changed in the years you were away !
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 6:38 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Cracked record

Congrats Happyglow
The busier you are the more you do so you can do it!

I am procrastinating because I am desperate to pack but we have 4 months left yet so I can't. I am just getting rid of what I can in the meantime, and have been for ages.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by scot47
I think you made your point, oh, at least a dozen posts ago...wondering why it is so important to keep saying it, especially on a thread about having the collywobbles

Last edited by Perth; Mar 2nd 2013 at 7:40 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Congrats Happyglow
The busier you are the more you do so you can do it!

I am procrastinating because I am desperate to pack but we have 4 months left yet so I can't. I am just getting rid of what I can in the meantime, and have been for ages.
Thanks Lorry1! Having a very productive weekend, and finally got some SLEEP, so YEAH I can doooo it!

4 months? It'll fly by. I have a hint - if you have documents or pictures to scan in, start now, it takes forever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.