Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:00 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
It doesn't matter how many times I watch it I still Can't get past "I knew you were waiting for me"
I love it all!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 4:08 am
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Cardienscarf
I love it all!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I've just finished watching it again and I'm a blubbering mess lol. The bit that gets me is end where they're singing 'Welcome Home' OMG where's the damn tissues the worlds 'you've been gone TOO long' kill me lol
YES, YES me too
Old Mar 28th 2013, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be bawling the minute we start circling And then of course I would love to kiss the tarmac, but flights don't disembark outdoors anymore
I can just imagine the bawling, too! Heartfelt, deep-down, gratitude, relief and sheer happiness at being in the best country in the world
Old Mar 28th 2013, 1:20 pm
The Brit is back

Lorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond reputeLorry1 has a reputation beyond repute

Will you all stop!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

I'll never forget coming home for my recce in 2010, first time in nearly 33 years. I'd had a few tearful moments landing at Heathrow but couldn't see much in the dark. However, a few hours later when the plane started descending in towards Newcastle, I looked out the window and shining in the brilliant sun I saw this:

Then I REALLY lost it.

The T-Mobile video was shot a few days before I went back to Canada. The morning after I arrived back there I found the link for it waiting for me in my email and the waterworks started all over again. I was ready to get right back on the plane back to Blighty there and then!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:56 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by curleytops
I'll never forget coming home for my recce in 2010, first time in nearly 33 years. I'd had a few tearful moments landing at Heathrow but couldn't see much in the dark. However, a few hours later when the plane started descending in towards Newcastle, I looked out the window and shining in the brilliant sun I saw this:

http://www.photographers-resource.co...marys_geo1.jpg

Then I REALLY lost it.

The T-Mobile video was shot a few days before I went back to Canada. The morning after I arrived back there I found the link for it waiting for me in my email and the waterworks started all over again. I was ready to get right back on the plane back to Blighty there and then!
Very nice! What a beautiful view ! Is that St Mary's Lighthouse?? I would have needed a ton of tissues and still been pinching them from anyone sitting next to me..lol That's both the good and the bad part about sitting in a window seat. Yet even so, I always have to get a window seat.

Last edited by WhoFan63; Mar 28th 2013 at 3:05 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2013, 2:57 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Originally Posted by Lorry1
Will you all stop!
Can't! LOL
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

curleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond reputecurleytops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Very nice! What a beautiful view ! Is that St Mary's Lighthouse?? I would have needed a ton of tissues and still been pinching them from anyone sitting next to me..lol That's both the good and the bad part about sitting in a window seat. Yet even so, I always have to get a window seat.
Yes, that's St. Mary's
Old Mar 28th 2013, 3:17 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Yes, that's St. Mary's
Nice!
Old Mar 28th 2013, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.photographers-resource.co...marys_geo1.jpg

Then I REALLY lost it.

What a wonderful view - and I am so glad I won't be alone in shedding gallons of tears on the day I land in the UK
Old Apr 13th 2013, 3:16 pm
Yorkshire Lass

I've heard that before too, and I thought it was lovely. Have you seen the T-Mobile You Tube?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB3NPNM4xgo
I've said this before, and I'll say it again...this clip is awesome! I just had to watch it again and naturally on came the

'You've been gone TOO long...welcome...you're home once more'

Damn, why can't I find a tissue when I need one??