Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Collywobbles - going back this month!

Originally Posted by happyglow
OK please wish me luck..... someone coming to look at car today, so hopefully that will be that sorted. I'm a bit biased but I think it's a great car, and I'm asking a bit less than a fair price - if it was me I'd snap it up!

Getting things done definitely helps with the wobbles, but they're still there!

Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Lorry1! Having a very productive weekend, and finally got some SLEEP, so YEAH I can doooo it!

4 months? It'll fly by. I have a hint - if you have documents or pictures to scan in, start now, it takes forever
Only four months??? Oh my!!!!! You are almost home!
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by windsong
Wow!! Thank you very much It pleases me no end to find someone who would welcome my pets.

Seriously . . . if you are ever looking for someone to share with, let me know
You might not say that if you saw my one little pet lately - I think he must have the collywobbles too, having suddenly decided that drywall is his new favourite snack. Sigh.....
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 9:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

You might not say that if you saw my one little pet lately - I think he must have the collywobbles too, having suddenly decided that drywall is his new favourite snack. Sigh.....

Poor baby They can pick up our emotions quite easily
Old Mar 3rd 2013, 11:00 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

You can do it! Sounds like you have some great skills and experience to offer. House share is a good idea too, how clever of you.

Fingers crossed for all of us collywobblers
Thanks happyglow, I do come up with some good ideas occassionally...lol It just seemed a better idea than trying to find a place of my own and having the trouble of not being able to show prospective landlord any UK rental history or employment, plus I also get to save quite a bit of money to start with because everything is included in the rent, whereas with a place of my own I'd have to take into consideration all the other expenses. So Yay on me for thinking straight...lol
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

happyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond reputehappyglow has a reputation beyond repute

Phew, another milestone over - car seems to be sold, just on a handshake for pickup tomorrow, so hopefully he comes back Let him have it cheap cos I liked him - love it when that happens

There will be a large scotch consumed in celebration this evening - now what was that about not drinking alcohol until I get back to blighty?
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
Thanks happyglow, I do come up with some good ideas occassionally...lol It just seemed a better idea than trying to find a place of my own and having the trouble of not being able to show prospective landlord any UK rental history or employment, plus I also get to save quite a bit of money to start with because everything is included in the rent, whereas with a place of my own I'd have to take into consideration all the other expenses. So Yay on me for thinking straight...lol
Very smart thinking. I must admit it's going to hurt if prospective landlords demand six months up front. I don't mind doing a little extra to prove myself, but that's pushing it. I'm going to offer canadian references and an extra month as a gesture of goodwill, they can take it or lump it, it'll be warm so there's always a caravan
Old Mar 4th 2013, 12:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Poor baby They can pick up our emotions quite easily
Deffo. Took him to heaven yesterday, aka the local pet store, and bought him a load of chewy toys, so hopefully that will ease his cravings/tension. Giving him some crate time seems to be helping too, and it's good practice for the flight.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Deffo. Took him to heaven yesterday, aka the local pet store, and bought him a load of chewy toys, so hopefully that will ease his cravings/tension. Giving him some crate time seems to be helping too, and it's good practice for the flight.
Lots of walks helps a lot, too. It tires them out so they have less energy to be stressed.

I've had dogs all my life - not once bought or used a crate.
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Lots of walks helps a lot, too. It tires them out so they have less energy to be stressed.

I've had dogs all my life - not once bought or used a crate.
Oh he gets lots of walks, two long ones every day plus lots of playing. I'm higher energy than he is Very good advice though!

I've never used a crate before, and I won't bother getting another one, but I do see their merits - they're a great safe place for an anxious dog to chill, and a useful preventative measure if your dog is prone to getting into dangerous situations when your back is turned (like eating drywall). Hmm, maybe we will be getting another one after all
Old Mar 4th 2013, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Oh, and on the subject of drywall, I just have to say....

SPACKLE!

That is all, thank you
Old Mar 5th 2013, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Dear fellow collywobblers, I've found the solution - work so hard that you are too bone tired to colly or to wobble, let alone both together! Oh, and a large single malt helps too

Night all
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Dear fellow collywobblers, I've found the solution - work so hard that you are too bone tired to colly or to wobble, let alone both together! Oh, and a large single malt helps too

Night all
Or you could go out to an event that discusses the dire political situation in the country you are in - think Sequester - and how there is no hope. I was ready to get on a plane last night
Old Mar 5th 2013, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and on the subject of drywall, I just have to say....

SPACKLE!

That is all, thank you
Old Mar 5th 2013, 2:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
Or you could go out to an event that discusses the dire political situation in the country you are in - think Sequester - and how there is no hope. I was ready to get on a plane last night
That sounds grim! Bet you won't be doing that again

Here, have some of my

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.