Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Dec 5th 2022, 10:03 am
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by JM321
Cheers for all your posts mate, I’ve been keeping an eye on this forum and first time I’ve posted.

When you mention about WAPol paying for relocation costs, is that for moving from metro to rural, or is it from UK to Aus.

If successful, I’m planning for paying everything myself so anything that is paid for us is a bonus!
This is only Metro to Regional and back.

There is a company here called Maxxia which is a finance company. It has a good relationship with WAPol. You can finance and salary sacrifice quite a few things through them such as a car, lap tops, top up ypur Super and the like. One of the services is that you can claim back all moving costs (excluding visa fees) if your employer requires you to move for work purposes. The extra money comes back as a lump sum or over 12 months pre-tax. I claimed back $35k in relocation costs and the extra money for those 12 months came in really handy while my wife wasn't working.
(Disclaimer: there are other salary sacrifice companies out there 😁)
Old Dec 5th 2022, 2:19 pm
Sheffield Is The Best!

turtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to beholdturtletom is a splendid one to behold

Afternoon all,

Been following this thread closely. I'm in the process of applying. Currently trying to arrange someone to assess my fitness.

I moved out to Australia when I was 16 but didn't settle and moved back home. Now I'm a little older and wiser (and have 3 young children) I feel the need to offer them a better standard of living and quality of life.

Currently a Sgt and have over 10 years policing experience. Would be good to chat to others in the same boat as me 👍

Tom
Old Dec 5th 2022, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Ben_capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I’ve had a dig at the reasoning tests and found some of them quite difficult toward the end. Unsure how many you need to get right to pass, don’t feel too confident to be honest. A lot harder than I expected.

To answer the poster above, I’m a sergeant with 15 years experience, married, 2 young kids and was last in WA , 10 years ago on a long sightseeing holiday. Applied for WAPOL back in 2014 and didn’t get selected so pretty much given up on the idea, but here we are.

Wish everyone the best of luck with the process, what will be will be.
Old Dec 5th 2022, 9:04 pm
Just Joined

Mazy09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Very similar situation to most here which is nice. My husband is the one in the police and we have two young kids also, so would love to get out with them. Me and my husband lived & worked in WA 8 years ago and miss it!
He is also unsure if he has passed the tests… would be great to know if passing them is reliant on getting to the next stage ?? Trying to stay positive !!
Old Dec 5th 2022, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond reputeJamesy5008 has a reputation beyond repute

I made the move from Police Scotland to the Cayman Islands so I fully understand the pull of a new life but I need to ask why as an Insp, who will lose the rank you've worked hard to get, would you make the massive move to Oz? I was a PC with nothing to lose except some pension.
Old Dec 5th 2022, 10:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008
I made the move from Police Scotland to the Cayman Islands so I fully understand the pull of a new life but I need to ask why as an Insp, who will lose the rank you've worked hard to get, would you make the massive move to Oz? I was a PC with nothing to lose except some pension.
I think that’s a relevant call mate, only those at that rank can probably answer fairly.
I’m a sergeant and know what work goes it to get here so you can double it for Inspector I guess. For me, dropping down to a con to move to the other side of the world doesn’t concern me at all otherwise I wouldn’t have applied.
Suppose each circumstance will have their own story but I agree, it’s a big call when you have achieved any rank especially Inspector and above.
Old Dec 6th 2022, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

MHockton is an unknown quantity at this point

I’ve submitted my application today and I know what the next stage is, but I was wondering if anyone knew what is is the psychometric test and physical test?
I am guessing it will be a beep test and strength test of some sort!

thanks
Old Dec 6th 2022, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MHockton
I’ve submitted my application today and I know what the next stage is, but I was wondering if anyone knew what is is the psychometric test and physical test?
I am guessing it will be a beep test and strength test of some sort!

thanks
Psychometric tests are a series of tests to assess suitability / personality / reasoning skills. Fitness test is bleep test, strength test, Illinois agility test, press ups, sit up and carrying test. YouTube video for it here
Good luck
Old Dec 7th 2022, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Chris7821 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jamesy5008
James I presume this comment was regarding my post... in a nutshell the one thing you lose as you climb the ranks is why you joined the police in the first place. For me, I was never satisfied at Sergeant or Inspector rank and if I could do things again, I would have emigrated a long time ago and started in Australia at the bottom of the ladder and enjoyed being a PC a lot longer. What's a little bit of extra pay when you get heavily taxed and a lot of responsibility which is constantly open to criticism.

For me it's about lifestyle. We have family in Brisbane and whilst we would still be a few hours away from them in WA, I would rather give our upcoming first child a chance of a decent lifestyle compared with the UK's culture.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Alastair1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know what the next stage is after the online part and PT bit?
Having read through the forum I can’t see that anyone has heard anything from this stage onwards?
Old Dec 8th 2022, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alastair1988
Does anyone know what the next stage is after the online part and PT bit?
Having read through the forum I can’t see that anyone has heard anything from this stage onwards?
Hi, according to the recruitment website, for Transitional Officer (International), the next stage after psychological and physical evaluations is panel interview. I believe this is via Skype or Teams.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

Alastair1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mossy1986
Hi, according to the recruitment website, for Transitional Officer (International), the next stage after psychological and physical evaluations is panel interview. I believe this is via Skype or Teams.
thanks! Must have missed that bit!
Old Dec 10th 2022, 10:20 am
Just Joined

Joe Ninety is an unknown quantity at this point

Anybody had any joy with finding a suitable PT for this in London? Found a couple but the grip strength equipment seems to be an issue
Old Dec 10th 2022, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Hel_nic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joe Ninety
Anybody had any joy with finding a suitable PT for this in London? Found a couple but the grip strength equipment seems to be an issue
Sorry not sure about PTs in London but you can buy a grip strength machine from Amazon for under £10 which you could take with you to any PT for the assessment.
Old Dec 10th 2022, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joe Ninety
I’m in east side of London and have a PT at the everyone active gym near me. I just bought a grip strength tester on Amazon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.