Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Dec 14th 2022, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

Penny22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Hello all,
Has anyone heard back from Wapol yet after submitting fitness assessments and completing online exam. I havent heard since submitting documents etc and completing exam.
Im.just eager to hear if I'm progressing as I ordered a new car back in September which will be ready in February and involves me taking out a large 5 year loan which I obviously don't want to do if I'm moving to WA. If I cancel the car I'll loose a large deposit I placed on it. And if I cancel and then get an unsuccessful reply I'll be gutted on both counts.
Anyway I'd be grateful if someone could share any information they've received regarding the next stage. Has anyone heard if Wapol are planning on interviewing only the highest scoring applicant's that have applied or everyone .
Any information would be great, I don't want to be emailing them as I know they are very busy with enquiries etc.
Thanks.
Old Dec 14th 2022, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Penny22
Hello all,
Has anyone heard back from Wapol yet after submitting fitness assessments and completing online exam. I havent heard since submitting documents etc and completing exam.
Im.just eager to hear if I'm progressing as I ordered a new car back in September which will be ready in February and involves me taking out a large 5 year loan which I obviously don't want to do if I'm moving to WA. If I cancel the car I'll loose a large deposit I placed on it. And if I cancel and then get an unsuccessful reply I'll be gutted on both counts.
Anyway I'd be grateful if someone could share any information they've received regarding the next stage. Has anyone heard if Wapol are planning on interviewing only the highest scoring applicant's that have applied or everyone .
Any information would be great, I don't want to be emailing them as I know they are very busy with enquiries etc.
Thanks.
What I’m taking from the recruitment site is, the psych test, fitness and interview all come under phase 2. I’m assuming this means anyone who is suitable on the psych and fitness will get an interview (unless of course there is a big red flag on the psych results).

Phase 3 is a Review Panel where EVERYTHING is taken into account for them to make a decision on wether to make a job offer. So this will be all the info provided on the app form (such as service record, absence, performance reviews), the psych results, fitness results and interview. Only after this I think will anyone know for definite and I have a feeling that may take some time.

This is all just what I assume from reading the site and speaking with a friend in the job who transferred from UK years ago. Either way, if someone gets an interview it’ll then go to review panel so whether someone is successful or unsuccessful, I’m assuming it won’t be until phase 3 when then inform you.

I hope this helps and please don’t take his as gospel, I’m just summarising how I think it plays out.
Old Dec 14th 2022, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesg177 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all,
Thanks.
I would have thought if it’s coming in February it hasn’t been built yet. Speak to the dealer they may be able to sell your assembly slot to someone else.

If I was you and you’re set at going to Aus I would try to get out of the car deal. Even if you lose some deposit. If you are unsuccessful on WA the media release announcing WA had signed an agreement to allow us back in said that other states are looking at the same thing.

therefore worst case of you don’t get through this recruitment drive there may be another state doing the same soon

"Every State in Australia is currently trying to get Labour Agreements signed to allow for overseas recruitment in a range of sectors, including police.

https://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.a...campaign-.aspx

Old Dec 14th 2022, 11:04 pm
Just Joined

Morpeth123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mossy1986
What I’m taking from the recruitment site is, the psych test, fitness and interview all come under phase 2. I’m assuming this means anyone who is suitable on the psych and fitness will get an interview (unless of course there is a big red flag on the psych results).

Phase 3 is a Review Panel where EVERYTHING is taken into account for them to make a decision on wether to make a job offer. So this will be all the info provided on the app form (such as service record, absence, performance reviews), the psych results, fitness results and interview. Only after this I think will anyone know for definite and I have a feeling that may take some time.

This is all just what I assume from reading the site and speaking with a friend in the job who transferred from UK years ago. Either way, if someone gets an interview it’ll then go to review panel so whether someone is successful or unsuccessful, I’m assuming it won’t be until phase 3 when then inform you.

I hope this helps and please don’t take his as gospel, I’m just summarising how I think it plays out.

hi all. Quick question for anyone who has recently done the physical test. I have a PT booked to do it. My question is around the declarations that are to be signed and witnessed by an authorised person for both me as the applicant and the trainer. Do I need to get another authorised person on the list to witness the signatures or can I do as an authorised person. Or is it a case that I can’t sign and witness my own Declaration. Sorry if it’s a stupid question, just making sure I don’t have to do it twice. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Old Dec 15th 2022, 12:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Morpeth123
hi all. Quick question for anyone who has recently done the physical test. I have a PT booked to do it. My question is around the declarations that are to be signed and witnessed by an authorised person for both me as the applicant and the trainer. Do I need to get another authorised person on the list to witness the signatures or can I do as an authorised person. Or is it a case that I can’t sign and witness my own Declaration. Sorry if it’s a stupid question, just making sure I don’t have to do it twice. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
I got someone else to do it, I wouldn’t have thought you could witness your own signature
Old Dec 15th 2022, 1:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morpeth123
This kind of statutory declaration is very common in Australia, and even if you are one of the people authorised to witness someone else's declaration, you cannot witness your own. Get someone else to do it
Old Dec 15th 2022, 10:28 am
Just Joined

Andy12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anyone advise about the visa they obtained when they moved? Do you arrive with a permenent residency visa allowing you to apply for a home loan? Or did you arrive with a temporary working visa and have to live on Oz for a number of years before being able to apply for a home loan?

Im interested to know what class of visa this pool of candidates are likely to get? Does anyone know the likely subclass?
Old Dec 15th 2022, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andy12
Could anyone advise about the visa they obtained when they moved? Do you arrive with a permenent residency visa allowing you to apply for a home loan? Or did you arrive with a temporary working visa and have to live on Oz for a number of years before being able to apply for a home loan?

Im interested to know what class of visa this pool of candidates are likely to get? Does anyone know the likely subclass?
I haven’t don’t this myself as I am also in the process but I would have thought that if you pass the process and are offered a job they will support you for the visa application.
I’m pretty sure you have have to be a permanent resident to work for the police in Australia which would hopefully mean you would be getting some type of permanent visa allowing you to apply for the house loan.

i’m not 100% on that as not sure on the visa we would be allowed to have if passed the process. I remember looking into moving before this process came out as my partner is from NZ. I could live there and work doing anything except police as I wouldn’t have been a permanent resident which leads to me to think the visa you get may possibly be some form of permanent one possibly with conditions to work for WA police for X amount of time.

Old Dec 15th 2022, 11:22 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Should be a 186 permanent resident visa, according to the FAQs successful applicants will be nominated for an Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186) visa. This visa allows skilled workers who are nominated by their employer to live and work in Australia permanently. Under this visa, it is expected that the visa holder works for the nominating employer for at least two years.

family members can be included in the visa including partners, dependent child or stepchild and partner’s dependent child or stepchild.

https://letsjoinforces.wa.gov.au/help-hub/faqs
Old Dec 15th 2022, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
thanks for this. I totally missed this part of the site. Just found this re visa costs

Old Dec 15th 2022, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

I missed that part of the website too. Very helpful. Thank you.

I don’t know if this information might help anyone on here but I have spoken to a mortgage broker in Oz. I know it’s jumping the gun but we wanted to know if it was even worth thinking about travelling to WA.

in short the affordability testing for mortgages in WA is 6x your income. (It’s between 4.5 and 5 times here in the UK)

As a permanent resident visa you are treated the same as a citizen for mortgages and they have lots of experience getting mortgages for expats and they will only require 3 months payslips from the new employer.

Their average interest rates at the moment are apparently 4.9% but may also rise (same as here) as an expat in order to secure the best rates and a home loan you will want a 20% deposit on your new home out there.

The price of property in Perth is very attractive to me compared to where we live, but it might not be so attractive to someone living in other parts of the UK.
Old Dec 16th 2022, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Penny22 is an unknown quantity at this point

I missed that part of the website too. Very helpful. Thank you.

I don’t know if this information might help anyone on here but I have spoken to a mortgage broker in Oz. I know it’s jumping the gun but we wanted to know if it was even worth thinking about travelling to WA.

in short the affordability testing for mortgages in WA is 6x your income. (It’s between 4.5 and 5 times here in the UK)

As a permanent resident visa you are treated the same as a citizen for mortgages and they have lots of experience getting mortgages for expats and they will only require 3 months payslips from the new employer.

Their average interest rates at the moment are apparently 4.9% but may also rise (same as here) as an expat in order to secure the best rates and a home loan you will want a 20% deposit on your new home out there.

The price of property in Perth is very attractive to me compared to where we live, but it might not be so attractive to someone living in other parts of the UK.
Thanks for this information it was very valuable to hear were we stand when arriving out to WA in relation to purchasing a property. Its a huge decision moving over especially uprooting kids etc but the more I'm looking into life in Western Australia the more I'm being convinced its a great move if successful. My kids are now even watching programmes on YouTube about life in perth etc.
Old Dec 16th 2022, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for this information it was very valuable to hear were we stand when arriving out to WA in relation to purchasing a property. Its a huge decision moving over especially uprooting kids etc but the more I'm looking into life in Western Australia the more I'm being convinced its a great move if successful. My kids are now even watching programmes on YouTube about life in perth etc.
we’re the same. Two young children and a house to sell etc but we’re already convinced and haven’t even passed the process yet!

best of luck to you!
Old Dec 19th 2022, 9:29 am
Just Joined

GaryO is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Joe Ninety
Anybody had any joy with finding a suitable PT for this in London? Found a couple but the grip strength equipment seems to be an issue
Try ESB mate.. there is a guy there doing it....
Old Dec 19th 2022, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

Has anyone heard anything after submitting fitness results? I’m assuming after Christmas now if not. Have a great Christmas and New Year everyone. Hopefully 2023 will bring us all some great news!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.