Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Nov 22nd 2022, 5:10 am
  #121  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 9
Rachwales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Spooky! Hubby just had his through 😁
Rachwales is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 10:32 am
  #122  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 149
Slippery Pete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by mossy1986 View Post
Ive literally just had my email an hour ago. Psychological Evaluation to be completed within 7 days and and the physical to be completed within 2 weeks. We have to source a PT to do the physical with us and fill in the forms to sign. Let’s go!
you’re heading in the right direction mossy
Slippery Pete is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 11:46 am
  #123  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 12
Moocher90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Also got my email today from WA police for physical tests and psychometric ones.

Just got to book in with a PT that can do it then all done. Done the psychometric ones this morning
Moocher90 is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 12:43 pm
  #124  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 73
mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Moocher90 View Post
Also got my email today from WA police for physical tests and psychometric ones.

Just got to book in with a PT that can do it then all done. Done the psychometric ones this morning
How was the psych tests mate?
mossy1986 is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 12:53 pm
  #125  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 12
Moocher90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

There was 343 questions to answer in one of the sections. Think in total it was over 1 hour to complete. There's also some maths and English tests but next to it, it says N/A so not sure if they have to be done or not but did them anyway. For all those tests there's practice ones before the real test so not giubg into them blindly.
Moocher90 is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 2:03 pm
  #126  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 9
Rachwales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Moocher90 View Post
There was 343 questions to answer in one of the sections. Think in total it was over 1 hour to complete. There's also some maths and English tests but next to it, it says N/A so not sure if they have to be done or not but did them anyway. For all those tests there's practice ones before the real test so not giubg into them blindly.
wishing you all the very best mate keep us all posted👍🏻
Rachwales is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 6:35 pm
  #127  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 41
Ben_capitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Moocher90 View Post
Also got my email today from WA police for physical tests and psychometric ones.

Just got to book in with a PT that can do it then all done. Done the psychometric ones this morning
Hi, is the PT from an approved list or do you go out and source your own online etc?
Ben_capitan is offline  
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 7:02 pm
  #128  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 12
Moocher90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

I believe you just source your own
Moocher90 is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 4:51 pm
  #129  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 4
Morpeth123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Hi all. Just done my psychological evaluation earlier. Wasn’t sure about then maths and English bit either but done it anyway. Does anyone know if there is a pass mark for the mini game tests or is it just a case of WA police looking at your strengths and weaknesses.
Morpeth123 is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 5:10 pm
  #130  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 8
Riano2386 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Morpeth123 View Post
Hi all. Just done my psychological evaluation earlier. Wasn’t sure about then maths and English bit either but done it anyway. Does anyone know if there is a pass mark for the mini game tests or is it just a case of WA police looking at your strengths and weaknesses.
Can you explain a bit what the mini game tests were?
Thanks
Riano2386 is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 7:03 pm
  #131  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2022
Posts: 12
Moocher90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Before you do them there's practice, one is spelling and grammar, one is a bit like tetris getting blocks to fit into a shape, one is blocks and you have to repeat the pattern it might be flipped 90 degrees or 180 degrees etc there's a numbers one too where you have two sides and have to work out which value is higher. They are very quick rounds. There's one more I think
Moocher90 is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 7:29 pm
  #132  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 8
Riano2386 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Moocher90 View Post
Before you do them there's practice, one is spelling and grammar, one is a bit like tetris getting blocks to fit into a shape, one is blocks and you have to repeat the pattern it might be flipped 90 degrees or 180 degrees etc there's a numbers one too where you have two sides and have to work out which value is higher. They are very quick rounds. There's one more I think
Thanks so much. I'll be doing mine shortly myself. Quite nervous about it "the unknown '
Riano2386 is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 7:40 pm
  #133  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 20
Jacjos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

good luck guys

physical:


I have made local enquiries and found a personal trainer in a local gym who has a 2:1 degree in sports science and development.

is this applicable?
Jacjos is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 8:34 pm
  #134  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 13
Lorna2345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Jacjos View Post
good luck guys

physical:


I have made local enquiries and found a personal trainer in a local gym who has a 2:1 degree in sports science and development.

is this applicable?
We have got someone who has a BA honours in physical education and 20 years in the field so I am hoping that is going to be ok. It does say equivalent qualifications so I can’t see why it wouldn’t ????
Lorna2345 is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 9:16 pm
  #135  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2022
Posts: 4
Morpeth123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Originally Posted by Moocher90 View Post
Before you do them there's practice, one is spelling and grammar, one is a bit like tetris getting blocks to fit into a shape, one is blocks and you have to repeat the pattern it might be flipped 90 degrees or 180 degrees etc there's a numbers one too where you have two sides and have to work out which value is higher. They are very quick rounds. There's one more I think

yer was going to say the above really. There is also a numbers one that where they are in bubbles and you have to select the right number after adding them up. Wasn’t too bad but harder than they look.
Morpeth123 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.