Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WA Police International Transition recruitment

WA Police International Transition recruitment

Old Nov 24th 2022, 5:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WA Police International Transition recruitment

Just a general comment for those of you applying.
When there have been recruitment drives like this in the past, the recruiting body, in this case WA Police, have actively monitored threads like this

I remember working in the next office to some staff at Queensland Ambulance, years ago, who were recruiting paramedics from the UK. Quite a surprise to be browsing BE in my lunch hour, whilst hearing them next door, discussing the very thread I was reading!
Old Nov 25th 2022, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Mazy09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone ! My Husband has, done the tests. He found the games very hard and the other parts were ok. Anyone else find this ?? Does anyone know if you fail the games, is it a no? or is it just a profile they are looking for ?
Looks like we will have to pay someone for half hour PT session, to get someone to sign off his fitness but pointless if he hasn’t passed ?
Old Nov 25th 2022, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Alastair1988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mazy09
Hi everyone ! My Husband has, done the tests. He found the games very hard and the other parts were ok. Anyone else find this ?? Does anyone know if you fail the games, is it a no? or is it just a profile they are looking for ?
Looks like we will have to pay someone for half hour PT session, to get someone to sign off his fitness but pointless if he hasn’t passed ?
Hi, would you be able to elaborate more on the tests?
Thanks
Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alastair1988
Hi, would you be able to elaborate more on the tests?
Thanks
Scroll up, there's some info on them earlier in the thread from others.

HTH and welcome to BE.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

Ben_capitan is an unknown quantity at this point

Could anyone here please recommend someone to assist with the fitness test aspect of the process? Also a rough cost they charge etc. North West England region in particular. Thank You
Old Nov 25th 2022, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Penny22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mazy09
Hi,
I also found the games very hard. The 343 questions were fine although drawn out. I don't see how or why they would prevent an application going forward based on 3 minute games. I'm hoping it's just to gain a profile on each applicant. I completed my fitness today and passed so everything is now sent off.
Old Nov 25th 2022, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

mossy1986 is an unknown quantity at this point

I done the psych evaluation today. I found all the questions very straight forward. I was just very honest and I’m expecting to have to elaborate on some answers if I get through to the interview.

I found the mini games ok. Not difficult just FAST!
Old Nov 25th 2022, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

Mazy09 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Penny22
Hi,
I also found the games very hard. The 343 questions were fine although drawn out. I don't see how or why they would prevent an application going forward based on 3 minute games. I'm hoping it's just to gain a profile on each applicant. I completed my fitness today and passed so everything is now sent off.

Yeh fingers crossed ….. be such a shame as like you say it is down to completing 3 mini games!

Yeh It wasn’t that the questions were difficult for him , it was how fast they came at him and the time limits set for each game…

That’s great Hopefully you hear soon, we’re still trying to get a PT sorted !
Old Nov 26th 2022, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Kindi23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello

my husband received his confirmation that he was through to the next stage after the initial checks and now 2 weeks later he received the same email. We were expecting an email for the next stage rather than a duplicate of the first email sent. He has emailed them just to check where he is in the process.

for those of you who have received the 2nd stage email when did you receive your first confirmation that you had been initially accepted?

hope that all makes sense 🤣
Old Nov 27th 2022, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kindi23

for those of you who have received the 2nd stage email when did you receive your first confirmation that you had been initially accepted?

I got my first email to say I was successful in the initial checks on 3rd November and I received my email with instructions for the fitness and psychological assessments on 22nd November.

The PT I have doing my fitness is having trouble locating his certificates. He has a list of the qualifications he holds. What’s everyone take on this list rather than actually certificate being sufficient. If not I might struggle to find someone in time
Old Nov 27th 2022, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

noodle_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, I'm applying for the WA transitional officer international and have got to the part of the online application process where it's asking me to outline relevant experience and skills, including verifiable examples, and how they would benefit the WA police force. I'm assuming this is the very last part of the application form and where a personal statement and competency examples are given. Please could someone give me some guidance around this, as in how many words are required? How many examples? Thanks
Old Nov 28th 2022, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by noodle_1
Hello, I'm applying for the WA transitional officer international and have got to the part of the online application process where it's asking me to outline relevant experience and skills, including verifiable examples, and how they would benefit the WA police force. I'm assuming this is the very last part of the application form and where a personal statement and competency examples are given. Please could someone give me some guidance around this, as in how many words are required? How many examples? Thanks
have a look online for WAPol’s policing priorities and use some examples that can show you can can be a benefit to them
Old Nov 28th 2022, 1:32 pm
Just Joined

noodle_1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi mossy1986, thanks I will have a look at those. It would be good if they gave some idea of how many examples we are expected to provide (or maybe I'm just too used to being told how many to give! haha)
Old Nov 28th 2022, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Kindi23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kindi23
Hello

my husband received his confirmation that he was through to the next stage after the initial checks and now 2 weeks later he received the same email. We were expecting an email for the next stage rather than a duplicate of the first email sent. He has emailed them just to check where he is in the process.

he got the next stage email this morning - phew!!
Old Nov 28th 2022, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

Leyfed is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, has anyone in the North West, pref Merseyside area, identified a suitable PT trainer to assess you? If so can you share the details please. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.