Frontex Border Guard

Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by steliospk View Post
I dont seem to find an official information about that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationa...rom-sunday/amp
Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Brubru is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by papdimitris1 View Post
BruBru,
This means that we cannot travel to Poland for the athletic exams and the interview?
Anyhow and just to let you know I have sent an email to FRONTEX previous week about the possibility of postponing the procedure but they haven't answered to me yet...
I imagine that Fx will contact you for further instructions.

My source is this link (coming from Reuters):
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nationa...rom-sunday/amp
Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

papdimitris1 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Brubru;12820165]I imagine that Fx will contact you for further instructions.

BruBru thanks a lot!
I will inform you if they sent me an email.
Old Mar 13th 2020, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

steliospk is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Brubru. Its not official yet so lets not frustrate anyone. Even in Italy where everything is banned, you can still travel if you prove you have a reason to travel and a relevant medical paper saying you are clear from coronavirus.
Guys, this is bigger than us. Lets keep calm and move until further notice arrives. Do not drive crazy.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Christian D is an unknown quantity at this point

The European Commission and the EU’s border agency, Frontex, today each confirmed a coronavirus case within their ranks.

“As the virus is spreading, we have a colleague in the Commission who has tested positive, but is doing well under the current circumstances,” Commissioner Johannes Hahn, who is responsible for human resources, wrote to staff in an email.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 5:03 pm
Forum Regular

5200 is an unknown quantity at this point

No job offers so far?
Old Mar 14th 2020, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Claudio is an unknown quantity at this point

At this very moment I would like to take a step back and give my warmest wishes to all the Italian candidates and their families. As things evolve, we should think all of our colleagues, fellow EU citizens, that face such a crisis. My thoughs are with you guys. Procurement issues can be delayed, human life not.
Thanks steliospk
Wise words!
Thanks buddy!

Old Mar 14th 2020, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Claudio is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway View Post
That's potentially the end of the road for me with this guys. No longer eligible due to not having a b2 level in a second eu language. Been placed on the reserve list for 2 years so I've till then to aquire one which i think is feasible. So untill then, best of luck to the rest of you with the selection process.
I can only join the disorientation and saddness fot this decision from Frontex
but also certainly to the appreciation for you that others have already expressed.

Keep studying French
Old Mar 14th 2020, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

giannitwo is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont seem to find an official information about that.
It looks like Poland is in lockdown https://medicalpoland.ie/study-veter...medical-poland
Old Mar 14th 2020, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Claudio View Post
I can only join the disorientation and saddness fot this decision from Frontex
but also certainly to the appreciation for you that others have already expressed.

Keep studying French
Thanks Claudio. Best of luck.
Old Mar 14th 2020, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Berri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by giannitwo View Post
It looks like Poland is in lockdown https://medicalpoland.ie/study-veter...medical-poland
I think maybe FRONTEX should move a team of 4 to 6 people from one country to another instead of sending us to Poland. Every State member can bring support and facilities for physical tests and interviews. Two, three days in the countries of the candidates would solve the problem, if not I see very difficult to carry on the selection process and even more complicated starting the trainning on the scheduled dates. Just my thoughts. Good luck to everyone.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

AntoU is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Berri View Post
I think maybe FRONTEX should move a team of 4 to 6 people from one country to another instead of sending us to Poland. Every State member can bring support and facilities for physical tests and interviews. Two, three days in the countries of the candidates would solve the problem, if not I see very difficult to carry on the selection process and even more complicated starting the trainning on the scheduled dates. Just my thoughts. Good luck to everyone.
In my view there is any hope at all that things (selection processs, training cours, deployement etc.) can go as planned! The question is not if delay is expected but how long it will be.
Old Mar 15th 2020, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

IONUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway View Post
That's potentially the end of the road for me with this guys. No longer eligible due to not having a b2 level in a second eu language. Been placed on the reserve list for 2 years so I've till then to aquire one which i think is feasible. So untill then, best of luck to the rest of you with the selection process.
Pff, i am so sorry for you mate. I also declined the invitation for the physical tests due to some health issues (nothing serious though). In a way it is better because i was scheduled in that period when they discovered someone from comission had Corona virus. A romanian border police officer came back with it (heard it on news) and contaminated others.
i hope things will settle down and we will be given another opportunity. I feel your dissapoitment, really. I wish you the best of luck and lets hope we can achieve our goals next time!
Old Mar 16th 2020, 7:25 am
Just Joined

RossT is an unknown quantity at this point

Guys,
I have a question about the English test.
The first part (core test) contains grammar, reading and listening and all these three parts have %.
Do you need more than 65% in each separately or the total percentage must be > 65 in order to be considered as “level passed”?
Have a good week and stay safe.

Last edited by RossT; Mar 16th 2020 at 8:56 am.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

Berri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ross, I just got today my english test results. I went through it the 5th of March. I suppose that you have to reach the minimum percentage of 65% in each subject, grammar, reading and listening as they give you three different %. For the writing and speaking you meet the level or not, there is not percentage. Hope being helpful. Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.