Frontex Border Guard

Old Mar 16th 2020, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

benjamine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Hi Berri,
In the writing subject of English test, do you have to write an essay?
Old Mar 16th 2020, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Larry79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by benjamine
Hi Berri,
In the writing subject of English test, do you have to write an essay?
Yes
Old Mar 16th 2020, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Berri is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Benjamine, as far as I remember they ask you to write an email to somebody (friend, boss, relatives) giving you a pattern .For instance, giving instructions to somebody about a certain matter with a given amount of words.It is not as "serious" as an essai. Conversational language not king´s English All the best.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, does anybody knows anything about physical test for this week?
Old Mar 16th 2020, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

benjamine is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Berry
Old Mar 16th 2020, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

RossT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fogue10
Hi all, does anybody knows anything about physical test for this week?
The interviews will be organised via Skype or similar application so we don’t need to fly to Warsaw. The physical tests will be postponed.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RossT
The interviews will be organised via Skype or similar application so we don’t need to fly to Warsaw. The physical tests will be postponed.
10x
Old Mar 16th 2020, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Randomjp is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, if Frontex postpone physical exams they must postpone it for June or July, given that in some countries there is a lockdown and we can't be physical ready for the test. It will be really unfair to have only a short time after a quarantine.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:27 pm
Just Joined

clem34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RossT
Hello,
is it an official information ?
that would be the best option nowadays
Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Randomjp
Well, if Frontex postpone physical exams they must postpone it for June or July, given that in some countries there is a lockdown and we can't be physical ready for the test. It will be really unfair to have only a short time after a quarantine.
Why can't you be ready if in lockdown? I'd have thought it was the perfect opportunity to get fit in preparation!
Old Mar 16th 2020, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Why can't you be ready if in lockdown? I'd have thought it was the perfect opportunity to get fit in preparation!
Not actually, Gyms and open spaces you could run are closed and is almost forbidden to leave your home.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Berri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Randomjp
Not actually, Gyms and open spaces you could run are closed and is almost forbidden to leave your home.
Hi, you "only" need 20 meters. Use your imagination and try to adapt to the circumstances ( even if your neighbors start thinking that you're going mad) I' m being serious, we are a lot of us in a pretty similar situation. Sits ups and push ups at home. Good luck.

Last edited by Berri; Mar 16th 2020 at 11:07 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

:-)))
S/He's right...
It's just as unfair as taken the fitness tests after Christmas and New Year... I also felt so disadvantaged!...
Or after weekends...
Or even early in the morning...
We can't just stay fit and do fitness tests!...
Sorry mate but what you say does not sustain at all. Yes you need some preparation and it's up to you how you manage it. Frontex Standing Corps will count on you being always fit and ready. I'm sorry for those who think otherwise...
And yes, you can call it "unfair" all this Covid19 overall and for those who tested OK and are waiting to be enrolled.
​​​​​

​​​​​​

Last edited by Stanx; Mar 16th 2020 at 11:56 pm.
Old Mar 16th 2020, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

Hmm, I don't think it would be unfair for those who tested OK and are waiting to be enrolled.. and cannot spot the difference between quarantine and Christmas holidays

​​​​​
Old Mar 17th 2020, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

Stanx is an unknown quantity at this point

This pandemic will result in lots of side effects. In my opinion Europe will manage to contain it better than Central and Northern Africa or than Middle East.
If WHO and UN or other humanitarian global players won't engage, the migration waves towards Europe will increase as they may be confronting with unprecedented Covid19 outbreaks.
I worked in both regions and besides the poor identification capabilities due to large unregistered populations and medical facilities, the actual Covid19 desease will meet a very "fertile" ground to expand taking advantage of lack of hygiene, frequent chronical desease including TB and Aids.
My point is that what now may seem to be a lower risk to the EU homeland and border security, it can turn into a critical issue further on. And that will require not only a lot of humanitarian and medical support for the above regions but also a strong and committed EU border and coast guard protection.
So the whole Frontex Standing Corps development process should be rather accelerated than postponed by all means.
I'm sure quite a few of us, especially from those already interviewed, would volunteer their skills and experience to make this happen sooner than later.

Last edited by Stanx; Mar 17th 2020 at 2:11 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.