Frontex Border Guard

Old Jul 21st 2020, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway
My self and 1 other from the Defence forces from Ireland, although he didn't proceed though.

I passed everything to then not make it though to not having a second language at B2 CEFL Standard. make sure you have that or you'll be pulled to. I was even invited to the interviews and fitness test and it wasn't mentioned. Only after during the Documents check was it mentioned.

OK I have done everything now...interview for basic and intermediate and fitness the lot...i haven't come across any other irish guys that why I asked.coming from the gardai
Old Jul 21st 2020, 8:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat092 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jkireland
OK I have done everything now...interview for basic and intermediate and fitness the lot...i haven't come across any other irish guys that why I asked.coming from the gardai
Nice, You should be ok then, As far as I am aware you are the only one. Best of luck.
Old Jul 21st 2020, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh great ha

Last edited by Jkireland; Jul 21st 2020 at 8:19 pm. Reason: Delete
Old Jul 21st 2020, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

clem34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chantal F
The first group is taking the training online now. This will continue for some time. Moreover, it might be the case that, due to COVID, the whole training will have to be done online from your home country.
The salary is based on Warsaw-household, meaning a quotient of 68% of the "normal" salary. If you work from home however, you do not live in Warsaw so the cost of living are different. Do they calculate this?
I mean, it would not be really fair if someone who lives in Hungary would have the same salary as someone who lives in Germany or Sweden where the cost of living are much higher. If we would all be based in Warsaw, of course the 68% would be fair, but not in this case.

Does anyone know how Frontex deals with this, and the other allowances that you would be entitled to when moving to Warsaw? (but probably not anymore since you work from home and this may last).

If you look at https://eutraining.eu/salary-calculator the difference in salary for working in Poland / Hungary compared to working in Sweden is approximately 3000 euros, for example.(Monthly, AD7)
Hello Chantal,

I'm Sorry to say that but it looks that you love to complain about everything.
I suppose you have been recruited and congrats for that.
We all read the selection notice and i suppose everybody was aware about the conditions. So yes, our salary is based on Poland rate. So you are totally free to move to Poland right away. I can assure you, i am there right now and there is no travel restriction and you can rent any appartement you want.
Or you can go and take your online training in Albania or Montenegro, you will spend less money for living. Or if you want a bit of confort, you could also go to study in Monaco. But you will still be paid at the POLAND rate. That's the deal, Frontex was very clear about it. And yes, it's now a bit more than 73% and it's good news.

No offence but i'm sure there are a LOT of candidates (including myself) that would be very happy to have the opportunity to attend this online training, wherever it is. The covid situation is tough for everyone. We should accept some flexibility
Old Jul 21st 2020, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

RossT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clem34
Hello Chantal,

We all read the selection notice and i suppose everybody was aware about the conditions. So yes, our salary is based on Poland rate. So you are totally free to move to Poland right away. I can assure you, i am there right now and there is no travel restriction and you can rent any appartement you want.
Or you can go and take your online training in Albania or Montenegro, you will spend less money for living. Or if you want a bit of confort, you could also go to study in Monaco. But you will still be paid at the POLAND rate. That's the deal, Frontex was very clear about it. And yes, it's now a bit more than 73% and it's good news.

No offence but i'm sure there are a LOT of candidates (including myself) that would be very happy to have the opportunity to attend this online training, wherever it is. The covid situation is tough for everyone. We should accept some flexibility
EXACTLY
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

IONUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Chantal,

yes sir! I agree on that
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 4:21 am
Just Joined

Alissi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by giannitwo
Congratulations for passing the final step. Happy to know that they asked docs 3 weeks later the interview. I was interviewed on 13 July so this means I still have 10 more days before possible request of documents.
There is no pattern about the time between the interview and documents request. Once in a while they request documents for everyone who was successful at the interviews held until few days before... Something like that. You can be lucky and get the email after one week or after a month and a half... In my case, they told me (I asked) at the end of the interview that I will get the outcome in one month. I was requested for documents after 2 weeks. I also know people who waited more... Considering that now they try to close the selection process by the end of July, there's a chance that only in the beginning of August they will request documents for everyone (yet is hard to predict anything since on August they are usually on holiday). Hopefully you'll get some feedback soon, but if it takes longer, don't panic...
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Chantal,

Clem, you say: "no offence", but in the mean time you are quite offensive and so are the ones applauding about your message. For me, a forum is not about asking questions about how many push ups you should be able to do or other things that are already very clearly described in the selection notice. I have seen many questions passing by like this, things that were all clear. But, obviously not to the people asking. So, let them. I do not have any comment on that. There are no stupid questions, there are no complaints. There are questions and there are worries and there are big decisions to make for many of us.

The same in my case. I am from one of the most expensive countries in Europe. Indeed, we were supposed to live in Warsaw and I accept that rate. Indeed we were told we would be in Poland, but what if the situation demands something else? Like now? It is quite different if you live in the countryside of France or moreover Hungary, which is MUCH MUCH cheaper than where I live. And also Poland is a lot cheaper. Of course I can move there, but you might understand that it is not that easy - no colleagues there, like I would have had normally. And i leave my country behind. That ís different than it would be in the first place. Why is it such a shame to discuss this matter?

I am older, I do not have a pension already like many of my age in Europe who served for 25 years in the police. I have to work until 67 and I will give up a solid job for this. Which I want, because otherwise I would not have applied. But that does not mean that you are not allowed to ask questions.
Frontex is very, very vague about many things, including salary, time you will be deployed in border areas etc. Why can we not be critical?
Are we only allowed to shout "Hurray!"?
Maybe you do that, because you will never achieve in your own country what you might achieve in this job, also financially. But it's not the same for all of us. Some have more to lose. And live in very expensive countries. So YES, it is a difference if I have to stay with my family in my own country and be paid at 70% of the salary.

The fact that you do not understand the worries that others may have, disappoints me and also shocks me. I thought we were here on this forum supporting each other and finding out about details, because Frontex is not able to tell us. Together we are strong and together we might be able to get some more information and support each other in making a decision. But no, then it's "complaining", instead of discussing circumstances, paying attention to the doubts applicants may have that have to give up a lot. And NO, I do not HAVE to take this job. But I think I will love the work and I also liked the fact we would move to Warsaw. Of course no one can change the situation and of course we are flexible. Believe it or not, I am flexible as well.

But it feels quite unpleasant to be "bashed' here by possible future colleagues just because I ask some critical questions. This is not about deciding about a week's holiday in Spain. This is about a life changing job for me and my family, and all that comes to it. This is a wonderful job if you are selected, yes. But we are also good candidates and may ask ourselves some questions.
Just "hurray!" does not really help to help each other any further and make the right decision. And bashing someone about their post(s) is, in my opinion, the worst thing you can do.
If I will be recruited - because no, I haven't been recruited yet- and choose to work for Fontex, I really hope to have some more supportive colleagues.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

fogue10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by giannitwo
If you are based in Poland but deployed in other country you are supposed to have a daily substance allowance related to the place where you physically stay
And you will have it, the online training from your home country counts as deployment and you will be entitled to the expatriation allowance and the DSA.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fogue10
And you will have it, the online training from your home country counts as deployment and you will be entitled to the expatriation allowance and the DSA.
Thank you for this info Fogue
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Bill1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway
The first group are all at home right now doing 3 months e-learning, all got packages off Frontex including Tablet and Iphone for the course, They and getting paid too, all though one of them told me they didn't get the full amount for the first pay but will be reimbursed next month. Then its 3 months in Warsaw to finish the training. Frontex plan was for everyone to eventually end up moving to Warsaw and then you do deployments when you are not in Warsaw.

In relation to the course on going, Apparently if you have some sort of border guard training already the learning isnt too bad but if not, there is alot of regulations to learn and not alot of time to study.

One more thing, The correction coefficient for Poland (currently 73.6) at the moment so its changed from the original selection notice so pay is now different.
Second three-months phase, contact learning phase as it is called, is indicatively scheduled to kick off on 14 September. Place is still not known, as the tender's deadline is July's 24th. The tender is open to institutions from all member-states.
Old Jul 22nd 2020, 11:33 pm
Just Joined

VasiRo is an unknown quantity at this point

Haha, the French guy is unhappy with the pay, big surprise. Maybe you'll start a strike before actually starting to work. Just kidding, is good that all parts of the EU are represented, with that pay it was always likely that very few westerners would be tempted. And I don't think that Frontex minds that, if you know what I mean.
​​​Really, the first part was a joke, because in France there are always strikes and union actions, but as a result you have great working conditions and pay. It's just that Frontex being an international organisation based in Poland, it would be strange to pay people differently just to stay at home and learn, it's not like they made you to go in this or that place. Maybe the whole coefficient system is not a good idea and the salary should be fixed, idk. A Hungarian would have to work just as hard as you and belive me, he had it much worse than you in life, overall, so spending more money on living for a couple of months it's not a big deal compared with the difference in opportunities you and we(ex comunist bloc citizens) had in life. Bonne nuit!
​​​​​
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 5:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by VasiRo
Haha, the French guy is unhappy with the pay, big surprise. Maybe you'll start a strike before actually starting to work. Just kidding, is good that all parts of the EU are represented, with that pay it was always likely that very few westerners would be tempted. And I don't think that Frontex minds that, if you know what I mean.
​​​Really, the first part was a joke, because in France there are always strikes and union actions, but as a result you have great working conditions and pay. It's just that Frontex being an international organisation based in Poland, it would be strange to pay people differently just to stay at home and learn, it's not like they made you to go in this or that place. Maybe the whole coefficient system is not a good idea and the salary should be fixed, idk. A Hungarian would have to work just as hard as you and belive me, he had it much worse than you in life, overall, so spending more money on living for a couple of months it's not a big deal compared with the difference in opportunities you and we(ex comunist bloc citizens) had in life. Bonne nuit!
​​​​​
Vasiro, it was not the French unhappy with the salary, it was me :-).
I do not agree with all that you say. For example I think Frontex staff schould be a respresentation of people from all Member States.
But about one thing I think you are right: no coefficient system at all would be the best. Anyway.
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 5:37 am
Just Joined

clem34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VasiRo
​​​​​
Ahah, don't be confused , i am a french guy and i don't "complain" , sorry better say "talk" about the salary at all. And as a military, strike is an unknown word for me !
But Chantal is right, we should try to be supportive. I'll keep my opinion for myself then...
that remembers me a good question at the interview 😆🤫
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

5200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fogue10
No sir! It does not count as deployment. You get basic salary, and expatriation allowance, yes. And the DSA for probation period, which is around 30 euros if you are not entitled to family allowance and around 43 if you are entitled to family allowance. To be more accurate, during training an ad7 married without children will get 3600 plus 600 (expatriation) plus 250 (family) plus 1200 (DSA)... So around 5650 euro, more or less.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.