Frontex Border Guard

Old Jul 11th 2020, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway
Yeah, just getting the number you need to pass is enough, but of course you can push your self further it might benefit your chances as in the end its still a competition.
I agree that you could push yourself a little further if you can, but I doubt if it will have any influence on the competition. I assume the interview, CV and your background are of much more influence. When selecting, the executive manager is not gonna have a look at all the passed physical test certificates and pick someone who ran until 9.1 instead of 8.1 when 8.1 was enough. I assume and also hope that other criteria are a bit more important for this job.
Old Jul 11th 2020, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Christian D is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by papdimitris1
CristianD
I see that you accomplished level 9.1 at Beep Test!!
But for ages 36-40 it is 8.1!?!?!?
Why is that? ?

Thanks in advance!
I recently get 36 and at the beginning when I asked they told me 9.1 and when I finished they told me it was too much
Old Jul 11th 2020, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Christian D
I recently get 36 and at the beginning when I asked they told me 9.1 and when I finished they told me it was too much

when I did mine even on the push ups and sit ups the instructor said you need this many and then as soon as i hit that number i was told stop...
Old Jul 12th 2020, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Bill1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway
Yeah, just getting the number you need to pass is enough, but of course you can push your self further it might benefit your chances as in the end its still a competition.
I doubt that. This is why the result is "pass" or "fail". You don't get a premium if you do an extra x% and then an additional y% if you exceed the limit by any factor.
Old Jul 12th 2020, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Here are some interesting news about the ongoing training of the 1st batch.

https://frontex.europa.eu/media-cent...egory-1-q7vuVM

Old Jul 12th 2020, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

gpiper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bill1
Here are some interesting news about the ongoing training of the 1st batch.

https://frontex.europa.eu/media-cent...egory-1-q7vuVM

Amazing and impressive info. Thanks for sharing
Old Jul 13th 2020, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

I now notice that during the 10x10m test, you ll have to run AROUND a flag every time? This takes loads of seconds???
Old Jul 13th 2020, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chantal F
I now notice that during the 10x10m test, you ll have to run AROUND a flag every time? This takes loads of seconds???
Not that much. Tip: when making the turn, lower you body as to lower the center of gravity and make the turn quicker and avoid losing balance. Attention must be given as not to drop the flag!
Old Jul 13th 2020, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Bill. But I have never seen a 10x10m Shuttle test where you have to go around a flag. Not even in Military service.
It is, to be honest, ridiculous and for me impossible to pass the test. I make it without flags just within time.
Old Jul 13th 2020, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chantal F
Thank you Bill. But I have never seen a 10x10m Shuttle test where you have to go around a flag. Not even in Military service.
It is, to be honest, ridiculous and for me impossible to pass the test. I make it without flags just within time.
Neither had I, but, it's not that different after all. Stay positive, you can do it!
Old Jul 13th 2020, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bill1
Neither had I, but, it's not that different after all. Stay positive, you can do it!
Thanks Bill!....
Can i do it?
YES I CAN!!
Old Jul 13th 2020, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

costie86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!
First of all, thank you very much for everyone who contributed to the forum, it has been a great source of information. I am moving towards the final stages of the competition and I have a couple of questions for who already took the PT in Warsaw.
1-if the arrival is at 8, when can we expect - more or less - to start the tests? Will we have at least 15-20 minutes for warm up?
2-for the beep test, do they use reference lines they create or they use like an indoor-football marks already there?
3-more or less at what time we could expect to leave the building? around 10.30?
To me seems the pass rate around 90% would be quite big considering the beep test minimum.
PS: any advice on good restaurants in warsaw where to sink desperation post tests?
Thank you and good luck to all!!
Old Jul 13th 2020, 12:59 pm
Just Joined

Suai is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi costie86,

1. You'll be given time to warm-up. After a brief explanation, I think we started the first test at around 8:30-8:45
2. In my case, they used the width of an indoor-football court (marked lines). Candidates were separated by cones.
3. We were done by 10:00. Staff was very lenient compared to what I'm accustomed to in physical tests, and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Can't really advise you on any restaurants, I had a tight schedule and just had a quick meal in the historical part of the old town before catching my flight back.

Best of luck!
Old Jul 13th 2020, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Suai
Hi costie86,

1. You'll be given time to warm-up. After a brief explanation, I think we started the first test at around 8:30-8:45
2. In my case, they used the width of an indoor-football court (marked lines). Candidates were separated by cones.
3. We were done by 10:00. Staff was very lenient compared to what I'm accustomed to in physical tests, and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Can't really advise you on any restaurants, I had a tight schedule and just had a quick meal in the historical part of the old town before catching my flight back.

Best of luck!
everything said there is 100% spot on...only thing I can say is that in relation the beep and you stated about the pass rate is that I found the beep test easier than when I had practiced it on my own as you can look either side of you and see the pace whereas when you do the beep on your own I constantly found myself slowing down speeding up etc.so doing it with a larger group made it easier
Old Jul 13th 2020, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Marek019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by costie86
Hi everyone!
First of all, thank you very much for everyone who contributed to the forum, it has been a great source of information. I am moving towards the final stages of the competition and I have a couple of questions for who already took the PT in Warsaw.
1-if the arrival is at 8, when can we expect - more or less - to start the tests? Will we have at least 15-20 minutes for warm up?
2-for the beep test, do they use reference lines they create or they use like an indoor-football marks already there?
3-more or less at what time we could expect to leave the building? around 10.30?
To me seems the pass rate around 90% would be quite big considering the beep test minimum.
PS: any advice on good restaurants in warsaw where to sink desperation post tests?
Thank you and good luck to all!!
I agree with others, it was easier than I expected. Everyone was really nice and helpful.
If you like italian cusine, i recommend Spacca Napoli. You can get there directly by tram after PA test. Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.