Frontex Border Guard

Old Jul 28th 2020, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

maximovic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by Jkireland
the way things sound at the moment with extended deployments etc it may be better to look at living in your location of deployment i mean some guys here have mentioned a deployment of 8 months etc
Yes, but not easy to find an international school if you are deployed at a remote border However in the same programming document I have mentioned before, Frontex says that equivalent multilingual European oriented schooling for children of Frontex expatriate staff deployed to a duty station in a Member State where there is no European School or an accredited European school will be ensured.
In my opinion Frontex should have a strategy for expatriate staff with their family in order to ensure the possibility to stay with their family

Last edited by maximovic; Jul 28th 2020 at 10:08 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 11:45 am
Just Joined

Suai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chantal F
Exactly this kind of information is what I am searching for as well, for Months already. But it seems impossible to get it.
It is a huge, life changing decision that is difficult to make based on 2xA4 text in a vacancy notice.
But, it seems impossible to get more information - even on this forum.
Strange since, as you mention as well, people must have started the training already - even though it's online now so maybe not so much info about schools.
But there must be some additional info about (for example) time of deployment in border areas, net salary they have received, level of the training etc.

Hopefully people do not consider this again as a complaint. I hardly dare to ask something anymore on this forum.
Hi Chantal.

I can understand the uncertainty of making such a big decision with so many unanswered questions. Truth is, I think most of us have similar doubts about the conditions of employment.

I'm sure most of the candidates are from a law enforcement, military or border/coast guard background, and some, like myself, have previous experience seconded to Frontex in deployments. During my personal experience, deployments ranged between 2 to 4 months, although I know cases of other colleagues which were extended beyond this time. Accomodation and conditions are varying depending on the sector you work in (air, sea, land), the specific profile under which you are performing your duties and of course, the country in which you are deployed. Some places may only offer a few hotel options to stay in and long periods of stay in some places can get tiresome quick.

Some areas of deployment may offer more to do in your spare time while others can get quite lonesome with not much to do. Wheather these conditions will be similar in the Standing Corps, none of us are quite sure at the moment. As some other forum member stated, I believe some profiles will be stationed in Warsaw permanently or not require as much travel while others will be in a constant rotation cycle. How Frontex will implement the rotation cycle is uncertain at the moment. The best advice I can give you is to move forward only if you are open to the rotation principal and are aware of the flexibility and consequences this might incur in your personal life. If you are taking family and children with you, I'm pretty confident they will have to be schooled in Warsaw and not where you are deployed. I don't think deployments will be 8 months long, this would be unbearable for most.

I've had deployments in which quite frankly I was counting the days to be back home, and others in which I've had a great experience. I've seen colleagues who get homesick and others with a a different attitude or 'nomad' lifestyle who handle it better. I'm applying becasue I've balanced pros and cons based on my personal conditions and consider this a great opportunity!

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 29th 2020, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

RossT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys,

There is a rumor that those who had failed at the English test will be invited for a new test.

Does anyone know if it is true or is just a rumor?
Old Jul 29th 2020, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Chantal F is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Suai
Hi Chantal.

I can understand the uncertainty of making such a big decision with so many unanswered questions. Truth is, I think most of us have similar doubts about the conditions of employment.

I'm sure most of the candidates are from a law enforcement, military or border/coast guard background, and some, like myself, have previous experience seconded to Frontex in deployments. During my personal experience, deployments ranged between 2 to 4 months, although I know cases of other colleagues which were extended beyond this time. Accomodation and conditions are varying depending on the sector you work in (air, sea, land), the specific profile under which you are performing your duties and of course, the country in which you are deployed. Some places may only offer a few hotel options to stay in and long periods of stay in some places can get tiresome quick.

Some areas of deployment may offer more to do in your spare time while others can get quite lonesome with not much to do. Wheather these conditions will be similar in the Standing Corps, none of us are quite sure at the moment. As some other forum member stated, I believe some profiles will be stationed in Warsaw permanently or not require as much travel while others will be in a constant rotation cycle. How Frontex will implement the rotation cycle is uncertain at the moment. The best advice I can give you is to move forward only if you are open to the rotation principal and are aware of the flexibility and consequences this might incur in your personal life. If you are taking family and children with you, I'm pretty confident they will have to be schooled in Warsaw and not where you are deployed. I don't think deployments will be 8 months long, this would be unbearable for most.

I've had deployments in which quite frankly I was counting the days to be back home, and others in which I've had a great experience. I've seen colleagues who get homesick and others with a a different attitude or 'nomad' lifestyle who handle it better. I'm applying becasue I've balanced pros and cons based on my personal conditions and consider this a great opportunity!

Hope this helps.
Hi Suai,
This really helps, thank you so much. I consider you a hero only for posting this valuable information
This is exactly the kind of information I am looking for in order to make the (for me) right decision. It helps me a lot further.
Thank you again!!
Old Jul 31st 2020, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Marek019 is an unknown quantity at this point

Question for those who have already been deployed in Frontex operation as nation officer. Do they provide you accomodation in hotel they choose? Or do they give you some amount of money per night and it is up to you to find and choose yourself?
Old Jul 31st 2020, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

Blue82 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a list with recomm ended hotels. You can pick one from the list, or you can chose another one or you can rent an apartament (booking, airbnb, etc) . They will reimburse the amount from invoice.
Ps: there is also a
maximum ceiling.

Last edited by Blue82; Jul 31st 2020 at 6:20 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Pedros is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, guys!
anybody here still waiting for an invitation for english test?
thank you!
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

VasiRo is an unknown quantity at this point

I doubt they still send those at this point. I think they have to first sort out a lot of candidates that passed the English test and are at various other stages. But the whole process it's getting more unpredictable lately, so who knows...
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

IONUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VasiRo
I doubt they still send those at this point. I think they have to first sort out a lot of candidates that passed the English test and are at various other stages. But the whole process it's getting more unpredictable lately, so who knows...
about two weeks ago someone posted that he just had his english test
Old Aug 4th 2020, 11:34 am
Just Joined

Mikhail76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sciuepps
Hallo everybody,
What about the guys of th 1st batch who already started, how does it look like the training?
Can you share some concrete example of salary you’ve gotten? (basic, ast4, AD7) or any other important information to share?
Talking about big decision and family, I have kids of my own and I’m curious to know about international school they mentioned in the selection notice “Additionally, this agreement foresees that (an accredited) European School will be set-up in Warsaw in the future to allow dependent children of all Frontex staff (including Polish nationals) to attend a (tuition-free) European-type multilingual education”
Anybody knows more about it?
Thank you very much in advance for sharing whatever info
Hi!
It seems this is going to be the European school in Warsaw (damn, can`t post links yet) look for International European school Warsaw ies.waw.pl
I got the info from a guy working in Frontex as SNE.
I am also in competition for AD, passed everything, sent the docs, now waiting.
Regarding salary, in my case, with 2 kids, i expect around 5000 euros, all allowances included.

Mike

Old Aug 4th 2020, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

tkadunc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys! Has any of you received a confirmation email after submitting your documents? I'm worried because quite a few people got a "failed delivery" message back. Looks like Frontex e-mail crashed.
Old Aug 4th 2020, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Jkireland is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tkadunc
Hey guys! Has any of you received a confirmation email after submitting your documents? I'm worried because quite a few people got a "failed delivery" message back. Looks like Frontex e-mail crashed.
That happened me....i just kept trying until I no longer got the failed message.....after that it delivered and the contents were reviewed because I had sent on an un signed document and they got back to me straight away saying get that signed...so if you hear nothing its all good
Old Aug 4th 2020, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Christian D is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys
Has anyone a clue if Frontex is still running online interviews?
Thanks.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 12:30 am
Just Joined

songoku is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello guys!! I was wondering the same thing about the interview procedures! Also it would be good to know if the postponed interviews (some guys mentioned ..) were finally rescheduled!

Last edited by songoku; Aug 5th 2020 at 12:33 am.
Old Aug 5th 2020, 4:39 am
Forum Regular

Questfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by songoku
Hello guys!! I was wondering the same thing about the interview procedures! Also it would be good to know if the postponed interviews (some guys mentioned ..) were finally rescheduled!
Goodmorning everybody, my interview was postponed but there is no reschedule for now, I suppose they ll inform late August or September..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.